Enhola Gaye - The Books that Bind

Anthr4xus

"Yes, yes," Gaeloraxus said, his internal 'voice' taking on a sardonically sympathetic tone, "It is a sad state of affairs. I don't want it to sound like a 'told you so', but I did warn you against getting close to her. Nonetheless, this is all the more reason to double down on research. Once we find a means of corporalization, it will allow me to directly help you achieve your goals as well, even finding a new love if that is what you truly want."

There is a moment of quiet as Ehnola placed her order with the waiter and then Gaeloraxus asked, "What did you bring to study?"

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola Ghaye (Lola Montez)
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2718464
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Date of birth: 01/01/2000 (1 minute past midnight)
Place of birth: Cannock, Staffordshire UK

Looking at the cover she gave Gaeloraxus the title "The Theory of Reincarnation by The Shade" she said but not out loud, the book was very heavy as far as her studies were concerned but it was essential theory. Her thoughts turned to Gaeloraxus helping her to find love when he had no idea of what love is, she decided to answer the question "you will not be able to help someone to fall in love with me. That would be a slavery of the worst kind, I will find someone one day but for now I need a distraction and this is it". The truth was that expanding her knowledge was a good thing, some of the study was quite fascinating.

War is Dumb, sex is great, we should have more sex and less war - Me, lol.

"Ah," Gaeloraxus said with a pleased purr, "An excellent treatise. And I can point out where he goes off into pointless tangents. And there are more ways to cultivate love than direct control you know, and less expensive to maintain in the long-term, but as you like. As quickly as your relationship with her formed, I imagine it will not be long before your fancy finds a new target."

Ehnola had little more than gotten her drink and opened the book when she heard a text notification hit her phone.

cAxAUsC.png

Blotting out Gaeloraxus the phone was a welcomed distraction, she opened up her messages and looked at the unread messages, her eyes stared for a minute as she took in the senders name.......

Posted (edited)

The text was from Marygay and simply read, "Getting better, thank you." It was barely anything, but surely the fact that she thought to send something meant something, right? There was a clink as the server set her coffee on the table next to her book. "You want anything else?" she asked. Ehnola glanced up to see a thin goth chick, mid-twenties, with black and green hair in an asymmetrical pixie cut and numerous colorful tattoos across her arms and chest. She gazed coolly and somewhat disinterested down at Ehnola.

OOC

As Ehnola looks around and at the barista, give me a Wits + Investigation to see if you notice the person outside the cafe across the street that appears to be watching you (DC 1).

If you spot them, they appear to be a middle aged black man in a nice fedora and blue peacoat with blue-tinted sunglasses. They stand on the sidewalk, leaning against the wall of the bodega across the street from the cafe. He is using reading a copy of the Times as a cover to keep glancing across the street at your window.

3 - thin goth chick barista with black and green h.png

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola stared at the text and she could have burst into tears of joy she is ok and still speaking to me, woohoo.

Ehnola looked at the goth and thought hmm, cute but not my type.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)
Name
Wits + Investigation = 5
5d10 1,7,4,5,1

When Ehnola did not respond, obviously distracted by her phone, the waitress rolled her eyes and said, "I'll check back in bit," and wandered away.

Another text appeared, again from Marygay, "Come by Palazzo del Tiro when you have time."

Ehnola glanced up and out the window, wistfully looking out the window at the bright winter clouds overhead. As she turns her focus back to her phone and coffee, Gaeloraxus hissed in her mind. "There is a man across the street that is watching you."

OOC

With Gaeloraxus giving you the headsup you can remake that roll. Give yourself a +2 circumstance bonus on the roll.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola had not even noticed the goth had spoken, the next text brought a big smile and in an instant, she sent a reply I will be there as fast as my legs can carry me xxx. It was then she realised that Gaeloraxus had noticed that Ehnola had a fan across the street, she made it obvious to him that she had noticed him by giving him a little wave. Ehnola decided to have another coffee before going to see Marygay, giving the goth a sign with her cup she kept an eye on the street to see if the fan was still there.

Ehnola continued to work for about 40 minutes, bringing her to the last chapter. If she were not entertaining Marygay tonight she would make sure that she finished the book and cross it off the list, this list was seemingly endless but sooner or later they would find the right spell and although having Gaeloraxus in her head had given her some useful power, it was time he went.

When Ehnola looked up a roughly ten minutes after waving at the guy across the street, she noticed he was gone. The corner was devoid of people, watching or otherwise. She went back to her book, reaching the place where she decided she was going to stop, despite Gaeloraxus' pressure to push on to finish it, just in case the conclusion had some hint at something that had been lacking for the rest of the books contents, much of which Gaeloraxus said he already knew of, although it was new material for Ehnola.

As she packed up and left the cafe, she was momentarily stunned at the cold beauty of the day. The sun was just starting to peak over the tops of the skyscrapers, striated the city into long strands of dark shadow and brilliant light. Into this divided and fallen world, Ehnola marched out to claim her day, or perhaps more importantly her night, with Marygay.

OOC

As you leave the cafe and go to wherever you are planning on going next, please give me a Wits+Investigation check again. Where are you headed next?

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola knew exactly where she was going next, home to shower and put on a sexy dress, one to tease the eye and to fire up the passion. Arriving home the shower was quickly put on and Ehnola showered and dressed with her "special date" undies, grabbing a bottle of wine she jumped into her car and headed to Marygay's.

Name
Wits (2) + Investigation (3)
5d10 4,9,10,1,4

Perhaps on the look out for it because of the incident at the cafe, Ehnola noticed another person that appeared to be watching her on the way home. He was a rail-thin puerto rican looking guy with a mass of dreadlocks tucked up into a jamaican flag knit cap and riding a Bird scooter and carrying a massive insulated UberEats bag on his back. Ehnola only noticed him the third time he passed her, and only became sure that he was watching her on the fourth pass. He never stopped moving or seemed to spare her more of a glance than any other pedestrian, but there was just something about it that made her sure he was basically circling her as she moved, keeping track of the route she was taking on the way home.

As she turned the last corner on her block he buzzed past her one more time, finally zipping around the next corner out of view. Turning to watch him, she barely caught the blur of motion out of the corner of her eye, turning to look just in time to catch sight of the blood red goosedown jacket, baggy levi's and shockingly white Nikes of another young man running down the street with a TV balanced on his shoulder. A TV that she recognized a second later was hers. With growing trepidation she glanced at her rented house and sanctum.

The front door stood open to the January air, a front window was broken, it's glass glittering in the snow of the sidewalk outside, and she could hear laughter and the periodic breaking of glass from within.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola pulled out her phone and dialled 911, she gave her name and address and the fact that she was being robbed. Arriving in her doorway Ehnola looks for anyone inside her house, she will give the police descriptions of anyone she sees. Ehnola will hang up if she has given descriptions of the intruders, if she thinks that she can scare them off by manipulating the shadows then she will (perhaps make a shadow of a much bigger person or a number of bigger people).

The 911 operator assures her that police will be onsite in less than 10 minutes, and urges her to not approach her place until they arrive. Ignoring this advice, Ehnola steps into the open front door of her house. Her living room was trashed. Her couch was stood up on one side, leaning against the wall at a weird angle. Her entertainment center, now devoid of TV and surround sound system, had at least one broken shelf and the other knick-nacks she had set there were mostly broken and scattered around the room. She couldn't hear anyone moving upstairs, but she could hear water running, and indeed, a small multi-staged waterfall was making it's way down the stairs. The sliding door out to the postage stamp backyard was also standing open, a cold breeze blowing through the house. As she watched, a drinking glass flew out of the kitchen and smashed against the wall over the dining room table in the attached dining area, right in front of the sliding backdoor. A pair of teenage sounding laughs follow it, along with the hiss of a spray paint can.

OOC

This is kind of what I am picturing for the layout of Ehnola's apartment/townhome.

spacer.png

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola stood just inside her front room and began to invoke her magic, first, she made large imposing shadows of muscular men. Then angry shouts of "get the f&%£ outta my house".

Name
Wits+Occult+Death= 9
9d10 1,9,3,4,1,10,5,7,3
Gnosis+Forces= 4
4d10 6,7,7,5