Enhola Gaye - The Books that Bind

Anthr4xus

Enhola casually shrugged her shoulders as she moved behind Marygay. With a deftness of touch that hints to her past of sticky fingers and need to divert attention, she slipped the stone from her pocket and into Marygay's hood. Without breaking stride, she continued to walk to the carafe of water and pour some in a cup. Rhode's eyes follow Enhola as she walked and widened with surprise as she picked up the carafe, obviously shocked that the lump in her pocket was suddenly gone. His gaze cut from Marygay to Enhola and back again. "Hmmm." he hummed, his suspicion palpable. Enhola felt a little surprised to see his fingers flex, a possible precursor to doing some kind of magic.

From within her Gaeloraxus chuckled and said, "Yes, you are learning girl. Better to make another your patsy should this vagrant hedge mage decide to reseize your property."

Marygay jumps in the gap and says, "So, we were talking about some of your suppliers and a custom order, right?"

Rhodes gaze moved back to her and he said, "I remember saying that I make my own things, yeah? So if you want a custom order, you lay out what you want with me and I'll let you know cost and scheduling."

Marygay shook her head and said, "Sorry, Rhodes, I just don't think that you are who I want to work with."

"Uh huh," Rhodes said doubtfully. Enhola say his eyes drift to the boxes stacked at the back of the room, and she noticed that his gaze seemed to be ready to ignite those wooden containers, it was so intense. "Well, that's too bad I guess. Once you realize that you really want something high-end, come on back. I'm sure prices with be the same, those never change."

Marygay stood and added, "Yes, I'm sure you're the only person in New York that can make a bespoke enchantment. If that's true, we will be back, I suppose. Come on E, we're out of here."

Enhola looked back to Rhodes as Marygay opened the door and saw that he continued to stand where he was, watching Marygay walk away with a slight smirk kinking his lips.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)
Name
Rhodes Observation
success(explode(4d10,10),8,above,no,yes) 6,9,5,3

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola Ghaye (Lola Montez)
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2718464
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Date of birth: 01/01/2000 (1 minute past midnight)
Place of birth: Cannock, Staffordshire UK

Ehnola purposely glided through the door, her only worry would be that Rhodes would find out they took an item and that might have repercussions with her superiors. Getting into Marygay's car Ehnola could not wipe the smirk from her face, speaking to the feisty redhead she says "I think I might have been a naughty girl".

I am in a better place right now.

Marygay dropped into the driver seat of the car. Ehnola could see the color had drained from her, and a thin greenish ring seemed to be forming around her face. She opened her mouth to speak, but only a gagging sound came out. Tears welled in the corners of her eyes, and she was finally able to mutter "I don't feel good." Sweat broke out on her forehead and she weakly fumbled for the hood of her outfit, where the mysterious stone still sat. The driver door stood open and Marygay listed to one side, nearly collapsing into Ehnola's lap. "help" she mumbled weakly.

Gaeloraxus chuckles, a slow and cruel sound in Ehnola's mind. "Like I said, good work protecting that place. Good thing you handed it off with no warning. There may be more hope for you than I thought. Likely once she has wasted away, whatever curse has struck her, whether bound to the stone or the theft, will break. Then you will be free and clear of it with no real loss. It is a treasure already worth at least one life, one more only adds to its value."

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola began to panic a little, she slipped the stone from the hood allowing it to fall into the cup holder. She then got out of the car and ran around to Marygay;s side and managed to get her into the passenger seat, she then drove back to her house and opened the door. It was a struggle but Enhola managed to get the stricken girl into her bed, she then began to look her over.

Rolling Occult + Intelligence to see if there is anything I can do. Other options would include Life/Spirit and/or Investigation

Name
Occult + Intelligence
7d10 8,2,8,6,4,6,10

Ehnola was so focused on getting Marygay loaded and moving that she barely even noticed Rhodes rushing out onto the road in the rearview, before she took a corner and left him back at his store.

The sudden onrush of symptoms and impacts certain seemed to be some kind of magical trap or curse, likely triggered from carrying stolen items from the shop. Ehnola thought she might be able to do something via either Life or Spirit Arcana manipulation, looking to bolster her health and constitution enough to outlast the curse. To remove the actual root cause though, would likely require an detail analysis via the Prime Arcana to try to identify how it works.

For his part Gaeloraxus was far less than helpful, distracting her with suggestions for how to most efficiently put Marygay out of her misery via bloody means. During the entire drive home he waffled between suggesting various dismissive means of disposing of Marygay and pestering her to focus more on the stone as the real "prize" to be claimed.

Basically you would have to rough out a spell to do so. It is kinda-sorta like Purify Bodies, except she is being impacted by something that is more Fate related. You could do basically Gnosis+Life to attempt help her power through the immediate choking effects. That is a very temporary band aid. Ehnola knows that she does not have enough power at her disposal and in the right Arcana to true break the curse. She may have to try to reach out to someone for help.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola tries to bolster Marygay's ability to fight off the spell, she will have to call the old lady and admit to the theft.

Rolling Gnosis + Life

Name
Gnosis + Life
3d10 2,6,7

Between Marygay's gasping breaths and Gaeloraxus's mental jabs it proved impossible for Ehnola to pull together the focus necessary to evoke a will-working. Marygay fumbled and extracted a practically new looking Samsung Galaxy phone from somewhere within her dress and held it out towards Ehnola. She could see that it was unlocked and ready for use. Marygay gasped, "Grazia..."

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola froze for a moment then drew her phone and dialled the number, when Grazia answered Ehnola said "h..h.hello Grazia. Can you come to my home immediately please, Marygay has some sort of curse on her" she ended the call before Grazia could answer.

As Ehnola watched Marygay continue to choke and writhe on her bed, Gaeloraxus tutted in her head. "A shame of a waste, but you should make sure that this is not all in vain. What have you done with the stone? That should be secured before other arrive. Trust me, that stone is worth a life or two. Do we have a shovel here?" Based on his earlier comments, it was impossible to tell if he was suggesting the shovel for the stone or for Marygay.

Looking back at the unfortunate woman, Ehnola saw nimbus of golden power, filled with impressions of growing vines and unravelling threads, form around her. Gaeloraxus says, "Intriguing. I wonder what she is trying to do?"

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola used a nearby woolly hat to scoop up the gem, she then looked for an obvious place to stow the gem (a coat pocket or similar) and then sat by Marygay holding her hand.

War is Dumb, sex is great, we should have more sex and less war - Me, lol.

The nimbus of power writhed and shifted around Marygay and after a few minutes her breathing seemed to relax somewhat. Her color was still off and wrong, and Ehnola could feel that she was still hot with fever. The nimbus receded to only a faint luminescence, a weak glow, on her skin. Another ten or fifteen minutes later, there was a sudden knock on the door.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola swallowed and stepped to the door, her hand shook with fear and she then opened the door. Seeing Grazia Ehnola stood aside without a word, she watched as Grazia entered and gave her THAT look.

War is Dumb, sex is great, we should have more sex and less war - Me, lol.

The dour woman only asked, "Where is she?" and moved through the apartment without much more than a glance at anything there. Trailing behind her, but stopping just inside the door is a middle aged man in a plain black suit. Ehnola recognized him as the driver of Grazia's car the first time she and Marygay had come here.

Coming to stand next to the bed Grazia looks down at her apprentice. The soft nimbus of golden light seems to flare in response to Grazia's approach. "Tell me what happened," she demands, "And leave nothing out, no prevarication."