Enhola Gaye - The Books that Bind

Anthr4xus

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola Ghaye (Lola Montez)
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2718464
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Date of birth: 01/01/2000 (1 minute past midnight)
Place of birth: Cannock, Staffordshire UK

Ehnola replies in a more settled tone "I am versed in Life Arcana as well as some others, what will you have me do ma'am" she said with a worried look falling on Marygay.

War is Dumb, sex is great, we should have more sex and less war - Me, lol.

"I am going to attempt to twist Marygay's Fate to break this curse," Grazia said flatly, "You will need to monitor her life signs and do what you can to prevent things from going bad for her. With some luck, I will find a way to break the curse without it going to far, but you are her literal life line, so focus and do not falter. I need a moment to prepare myself. I recommend you do that same."

Grazia moved to stand at the foot of the bed. She closed her eyes and made gestures with her hands as her Nimbus flared to brilliance around her. The faint nimbus around Marygay sympathetically brightened as well, a faint and foggy mirror to Grazia's own.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola took a moment to focus on Marygay's life aura and prepared to sustain it when needed, she wanted to tell Grazia that it was not all her own doing and that Marygay was as guilty as she for stealing a magical item from what must be a powerful mage. None of that mattered at this moment in time though, Marygay was dying and she had to do all she could to save her.

Grazia's Nimbus faded as her eyes opened. She looked to Ehnola, "Are you ready?" When Ehnola nodded, she began to move her hands as if she were working a loom above Marygay. Her Nimbus and it's pale reflection began to build again.

Ehnola took this in as she began to work her own magic.

OOC

Go ahead and given me a Gnosis+Life roll to do this very abstract and non-specific will-working. I can of see this as using your magic to work as a bed-side nurse to monitor her vitals and magically reinforce them as needed, although if you have an alternate view, I leave the description of what you are doing to you. If you get a success she will live through it, if not she may still live, but will suffer consequences.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola began to work her magic and tried to keep Marygay alive, there was no room for error.

Name
Gnosis + Life = 1+2 = 3
3d10 10,3,7

The casting takes time and at one point, Ehnola had to actively take steps to maintain Marygay's breathing, her chest heaving as Grazia worked on untangling her fate from the curse. Ehnola's nimbus flared to life shifting and turning in synchronization with Grazia's own and even Marygay's at one point. As she brought Marygay's breathing back to a normal rate and felt her lungs begin to move again on their own, she heard a low rumble in the back of her mind. Her focus had been before her and had kind of tuned out the faint and distant tirade of Gaeloraxus, but as the ritual ended Ehnola could tell that something had changed in him and she wondered how much longer she would be able to keep him at bay.

Marygay sighed faintly, moving from unconsciousness into normal sleep, her sweat already starting to evaporate. Grazia opened her eyes and even spared Ehnola a slight smile, little more than a twitch of the corners of her mouth. "She sleeps. The curse has been broken. You did better than I expected," she said, and snapped her fingers. The Sleepwalker butler/assistant instantly came into the room and Grazia directed him to carry Marygay out to the car.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola fought with every fibre of her being to keep Marygay alive, her skill kept Marygay breathing and finally, she was able to let her love breathe on her own. Ehnola allowed the magic to dissipate as Grazia also broke the curse and lifted it from her charge, seeing the ever so subtle smile gave Ehnola some hope that she had at least redeemed herself at least a little. When Marygay awakes she will hopefully correct Grazia on a few things and Ehnola will be off the hook (well at least a little) and the two lovebirds can continue with their work.

As for Gaeloraxus, Ehnola wanted a divorce. She will need help from Grazia and so now would not be the right time, when Marygay was better and Grazia had cooled down Ehnola will seek her help.

OoC - I am not sure if Gaeloraxus will have picked up on that, if he has then let me know if he will kill Ehnola and I will need a new character lol.

Grazia says, "I will keep this stone and with everything that has happened, I consider your debt absolved. There is something strange about you, and I would rather our business be done and you begone from my Exemplum's presence."

Faintly, as if from a vast distance, Ehnola can hear Gaeloraxus calling within her mind, "What have you done!!" She can feel something within her internal defenses shifting and crumbling as he focuses on bridging the divide. Ehnola can feel a fresh cold sweat break out down her spine and tension begin to tighten her shoulders.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola closed her eyes and began an internal fight with her inner demon, another added to the long list of previous fights. Keeping the voice quiet she bids Grazia farewell, the events of this evening playing heavy on her mind she heads off to bed. Marygay was going to be ok, that was the main thing.

OoC - I am ok to move on, is Marygay still at Ehnola's?

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)
Name
Stamina (2) + Life (2)
4d10 7,8,5,9

Ehnola only had a few minutes after Grazia left before she felt whatever it was that she had erected between herself and Gaeloraxus crumble away and the haranguing spirit was back notably less loud than Ehnola was expecting. Gaeloraxus hissed as Ehnola felt him somehow approach in her mind. "What did you do, girl? What has happened?" His tone was sharp, but wheedling, almost as if some of his normal dominating bombastic tone had been at least temporarily deflated.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola answered her inner demon "what I did was to save the life of Marygay, Grazia senses you and she is a powerful mage. Much more powerful than I am so a fight would have been futile, she has the item. I do not know what it was as I did not have time to study it, I do not know why you berate me so. I am not at all like you, I have feelings whereas you do not. There is no point shouting at me as it will not change anything, I did what I had to to keep Marygay alive. You might see that as a weakness but I see it as being human, now I am going to bed as I am tired" she said. Ehnola brushed her teeth then dressed for bed and went to sleep.

The next morning Ehnola slept through any alarm she may have had set and woke with a parched throat and crusty eyes. The exhaustion, both physical and mental, of the prior day, knocked her into a deep and immensely restful sleep. It had been quite some time, if ever, since Ehnola had used so much magic in such rapid succession. It actually took a minute or two for Ehnola to realize that she could not hear Gaeloraxus in her mind. Most mornings his grumblings of wasted time and complaints about physical necessities were as reliable as a morning radio broadcast to fill the quiet of the apartment, yet this morning there was nothing but a disquieting stillness. Thinking about it made Ehnola realize that while she was physically rested, internally, magically, she felt somewhat drained.

OOC

Looking at your character sheet, it looks like you are missing an entry for Wisdom and Mana. Wisdom starts at 7, and Starting Mana equals your Wisdom (you can spend Wisdom for extra XP). You would be able to tell that you have lost a point of Mana.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola made a coffee and then called work, she hated lying but she was in no shape to go. Getting her books out she began to study, working over some of the last things she did refreshed her memory and so she continued to study. When lunchtime came she put the books into her bag and exited her house, getting to the café she found a corner to sit and picked up her train of thought.

As Ehnola walked down the sidewalk towards the café, moving through the crowds out in the freezing morning air, she felt Gaeloraxus stir within herself. "Are we getting back to work today then?" he asked cooly.

cAxAUsC.png

"I have my books do I not, you do not understand the loss I now feel. I could have settled down quite happily with Marygay, I doubt I will ever see her again" Ehnola said with tears welling in her eyes. She bravely fought them off and tried to get back into some sort of routine, concentration was going to suffer but there was nothing she could do about that.