Enhola Gaye - The Books that Bind

Anthr4xus

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola Ghaye (Lola Montez)
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2718464
Race: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Date of birth: 01/01/2000 (1 minute past midnight)
Place of birth: Cannock, Staffordshire UK

Ehnola began the conversation with "Mary and I were following a lead to see a guy called Rhodes over on State, we got the password and entered the shop. We were shown into the back room and Mary did all the talking, I had a look around and spotted some crates. When Rhodes got a call I went over for a peek and found an item that had a mix of aura's, Rhodes came off the call and I did not have time to replace the item and the lid so I held onto the item. It looked like Rhodes had spotted me so I had to ditch the item in Marygay's hood, she became ill just after we left. I brought her here and called you" she said with a quiver in her voice, Ehnola knew this was not going to go down well and tried to prepare for the explosion of anger that Grazia looked capable of delivering.

War is Dumb, sex is great, we should have more sex and less war - Me, lol.

Grazia's eyebrows rose slightly with each sentence, yet at the end, her frown only deepened. "Stupid girl," she hissed, a strange echo to Gaeloraxus' most frequent insult to her. "Stupide ragazza stupide." She sighed, her eyes going to the recumbent apprentice. "You both were more lucky than you can understand. Marygay will likely survive, although she is not fully safe yet. Did you not think of the consequences of trying to rob a merchant mage? Where is this item? Show it to me."

"Give her that stone and you truly are stupid," Gaeloraxus hissed in her mind, "Offer her service instead. Perhaps we can yet leverage this to advantage. You are already in her debt, what is a little more?"

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola considered her words and the words of her inner demon, ok Gaeloraxus, I will give it my best shot. "I obviously could show you the item but I would prefer not at this moment in time, I would like to keep the item in return for further servitude. Both Marygay and I could benefit from the item, we would use the item in service to you and the Mysterium" she said with more confidence than she thought possible.

OOC

If I have worded this wrong in some way then I apologise, if you need a roll please ask and I will provide.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Grazia scowled and, in a scolding tone that Ehnola could tell would brook no back talk, said, "You have practically killed my apprentice while engaged in an effort to repay your theft. And you have the temerity to then attempt to dictate terms to me?! I think not. You have sticky fingers and are untrustworthy. Your greed and impudence show that you are a risk." She points to Marygay. "You did this! Your greed and lack of forethought have nearly killed her, and now you offer up service and loyalty to retain your spoils. Produce it now, and word of this incident may stay among us here. Do not balk on me, girl. Get it now."

In her Gaeloraxus hissed and shrieked, a psychic annoyance that made it difficult for Ehnola to focus on what Grazia was saying. His ranting was nearly incoherent in his calls for her to rebut and react, even to the point of suggesting that she get the stone and beat Grazia's ugly face in with it. Ehnola's felt a massive headache building in response to the tirade and the pressure of the situation with Grazia and Marygay.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola clapped hands to her head as the pressure of Gaeloraxus' rant damn near split her head in two, she stumbled to the item and retrieved it. She passed it to Grazia and closed her eyes until the pressure abated "please forgive me Grazia for my greed, I will not cross you again" she said whilst watching Marygay.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

"Fool! Wastrel! Stupid hapless sap!" Gaeloraxus howled in her mind. "Why was a curse to be bound with such a thief of common air?" His lamentations drug on and on in her mind.

Grazia took the stone, her expression shifting as she watched Ehnola carefully. "What is wrong with you, girl? What did you call yourself?"

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola could not stand much more of Gaeloraxus' insults, she was barely keeping it together and he was not helping. "I am sorry but I did not call myself anything, I just have a severe headache which seems unrelenting" she said as she stared at Marygay. Gaeloraxus needed to stop with the berating, she was not going to pull the wool over Grazia's eyes so handing the artefact over was the only option she had.

"No, no. What do you call yourself, again? I do not recall from our first meeting. Gay or something, wasn't it?" Grazia asked. The stone sat in her hand and her eyes were narrowed. Ehnola felt that if it wasn't for whatever degree her focus had to remain on Marygay, there would be magical scrutiny on her as well.

For his part Gaeloraxus appeared to no longer be listening to either her or Grazia, simply ranting and raving, filling her head with spiteful insults. She could not remember a time where her 'inner demon' was so worked up.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola had to silence Gaeloraxus, permanently if possible, she tried to think about how this would be possible. The magic needed will be something she is not fully trained in, a rote that she only knows of. What will happen if Grazia finds out that Ehnola is trying to expel a demon from her mind, so much to think about and all whilst the damned demon was screaming at her.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find a point of focus and quiet within her own mind was difficult, all the more so to try to do so with Grazia staring her down. Nevertheless she was able to carefully yet quickly latch on to a way to at least turn down the volume of Gaeloraxus. She could tell the spell was not a good fit and would not last very long, especially when Gaeloraxus actually noticed what was happening, but at least as long as he was mindlessly raging, the noise in her head dropped from an overfull Superbowl stadium after the winning play to the parking lot outside that stadium.

She didn't know how obvious the effort had been, but when she opened her eyes again Grazia's expression had changed in some inscrutable way. Ehnola wondered if she had manifest a Nimbus while she was casting or something. Grazia seemed to still be waiting on a response.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola was now able to think a little more clearly, looking at Grazia she says "I am a lesbian. I do not see why you need that information. My sexuality has nothing to do with this" she says almost angrily.

cAxAUsC.png

Ehnola suppressed the urge to laugh "my name is Ehnola Gaye, like the aeroplane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima" she said.

"Ah," Grazia said, "right. Are you versed in the Fate or Life Arcana? If so, you can help me and begin your repayment now." Ehnola noticed that, while her focus was on quelling Galeoraxus' noise, the old woman had stashed the stone away somewhere as both her hands were free now, clasped before her.