Character creation Questions

youngaberration

I cheat in the games I run and only recruit from players I've had for years or DMs I'm playing under. I made a pretty big pool of online friends running a VtR 2.0 game for 4 years on another site that hit 20k posts when I retired it.

Picking from a giant list of applications would stress me out, I do not envy you.

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

The list of applicants get longer as the application period gets longer. Until the end of September.. well that's guaranteed to make a long, long list and make selection more difficult. I generally keep the application period short, since folk who can't get an application in on time are the same people who will post twice a month at best. A good indication of reliable players are folk who get a 'finished' application in quite quickly.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Starhawk said:

The list of applicants get longer as the application period gets longer. Until the end of September.. well that's guaranteed to make a long, long list and make selection more difficult. I generally keep the application short, since folk who can't get an application in on time will likely be unable to post frequently.

I think @youngaberration said earlier that selections would be the 9th of September. The list is already too long and I don't envy him when it is time to pick players.