Character creation Questions

youngaberration

1 hour ago, Zen Gypsy said:

One of the things I initially brought up is that my character, as written, would be able to work with a group of Good characters ... it's actually something I would prefer to limit, slightly, his ruthlessness ... but I may do two apps, with a second, more typical, Golarian adventurer ...

I feel that could be some interesting roleplaying in the party of mostly good folk. The Tyrant has to hold himself back, the rest of the team encouraging him to be less ruthless, etc. Then at some point down the line, then faced with an utter terrible irredeemable evil, the Tyrant is loosed from the chain, epic stuff.

9 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

I wasn't trying to push the group towards an Evil alignment, per se, I was just making a character who, while having different opinions on the rule of law and the qualities of mercy, would still be able to operate in a, primarily, good group.

I actually pictured my character as neutral at worst. The idea isn't that he's evil, just that his powers would make anyone think he is.

18 minutes ago, Shadowstarr said:

2nd edition question as i don't have the guns and gears book. Do gunslinger make their 1st weapon like 1sr edition? Or do we just buy them full price?

Gunslingers have to buy their weapons, unless the GM rules otherwise, ofc.

EDIT: The only alternate option I know for starting with a gun is if you go as a Dulgunn Hold Dwarf and pick the 'Clan Pistol' feat instead of 'Clan Dagger'. The Clan Pistol is very good, higher damage than the standard Flintlock pistol even.

Edited by Sapphic Reiver (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

I wasn't trying to push the group towards an Evil alignment, per se, I was just making a character who, while having different opinions on the rule of law and the qualities of mercy, would still be able to operate in a, primarily, good group.

Didn't intend to suggest you were, was just thinking we should pump the breaks on people making evil apps till the GM makes a decision.

Sorry never used that app.

SO we can a free archetype. I am using herolab and that isn't an option rule so trying to manually add it post creation. DO you replace anything (feats? skills etc) or just get what is on the archtype for free?

Free Archetype gives you a free feat at 2nd & every even level for use on dedication feats. So it has zero impact on a 1st level character ... not sure how it works on Herolab, I would be surprised if it wasn't on the builder in a menu, somewhere.

@Manoel Coelho I use export character by Link, and share the Link. That way others can view the sheet even if they don't have the paid version where you can add the Free Archetype.

25 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Free Archetype gives you a free feat at 2nd & every even level for use on dedication feats. So it has zero impact on a 1st level character ... not sure how it works on Herolab, I would be surprised if it wasn't on the builder in a menu, somewhere.

@Manoel Coelho I use export character by Link, and share the Link. That way others can view the sheet even if they don't have the paid version where you can add the Free Archetype.

Thank you friend

56 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

30 minutes ago, Manoel Coelho said:

Thank you friend

Herolab Online has a setting you can select under character setting. Then you scroll down to Gamemastery Guide Options and select Free Archetype. At that point Herolab.Online will give you a free initial archetype feat at 2nd level, and then one at every other level.