Character creation Questions

youngaberration

Hey, while we're on the subject of "unorthodox methods," I found a cantrip called "Inside Ropes" that looks like it'd fit my sorcerer's theme. Does anyone object to me taking that one, and making use of it whenever I think it's the easiest way forward? It seems like it'd save us a fortune on rope... but it also looks like one that I'd avoid using in front of the general public.

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)

Hehe, Inside Ropes. Best use of that I ever saw was a Leshy Summoner who flavored it as branches and vines from itself and its eidolon. Actually using your guts to climb stuff, ewwww. But hey, you do you, if it makes sense, I'd say go for it.

I wasn't trying to push the group towards an Evil alignment, per se, I was just making a character who, while having different opinions on the rule of law and the qualities of mercy, would still be able to operate in a, primarily, good group.

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

I wasn't trying to push the group towards an Evil alignment, per se, I was just making a character who, while having different opinions on the rule of law and the qualities of mercy, would still be able to operate in a, primarily, good group.

As of right now, I my character concept is neutral for profit. He an Alkenstar Nationalist. His overall goal to preserve his home, and contribute to its economic and political might. Being involved in the settling and nation-building of Kingmaker seems like a decent way to develop trade and allies.

The Anti-undead theme steams from the looming existential threat of Geb to Alkenstar. Some of the other applicants have the undead archetype thing. could be some exciting times.

Yeah, I kind of regret saying anything, since I mentioned playing a Tyrant there seems to have been a swing on evil applications. I suppose I was looking forward to discussions on which methods to employ to reclaim the Stolen Lands, and other such moral quandaries.

Oh well, we'll figure it out.

Hush you! In another game we're saving Alkenstar ... rootin' tootin' cowboy style!

@youngaberration Quick question, the official timeline for Kingmaker has it starting in 4710 AR, sometime in the month of Calistril, so early February, I just wanted to check to see if that is correct before I start working on Aleksandr's history ....

29 minutes ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Hush you! In another game we're saving Alkenstar ... rootin' tootin' cowboy style!

@youngaberration Quick question, the official timeline for Kingmaker has it starting in 4710 AR, sometime in the month of Calistril, so early February, I just wanted to check to see if that is correct before I start working on Aleksandr's history ....

So for me. I like to put the games in the year we're currently in. So I can reference events that I like from history.

With all the talk about evil characters, I've submitted an app for a more neutral character. An old character of mine: a farmhand who lost his fiancé to giants/earthquake/'any small settlement destroying disaster'. Now the girl is a ghost and won't leave him alone. Time to start anew!

If you're interested in reading more about my LE character, I can give a link. Best writing I've ever done.

One of the things I initially brought up is that my character, as written, would be able to work with a group of Good characters ... it's actually something I would prefer to limit, slightly, his ruthlessness ... but I may do two apps, with a second, more typical, Golarian adventurer ...