The Lady Luck Alehouse

Sorithar

well... probably slightly better than a crit breath weapon on everybody...

Sooo... did Daltin attack too... were the undead turned ... has the Wall of Light been dropped.

exciting... can't wait to read the ic post combat summary 👀

9 hours ago, Sorithar said:

You're both correct. Per RAW, a holy symbol must be presented (I'll add, with conviction) to turn undead in a 60 ft. radius, but the turning character does not need line of sight to the undead to turn them, only line of effect. This prevents invisible undead shenanigans.

Ok... so you NEED a holy symbol to turn undead then...

even if you're a fanatical religious zealot 👈

1 hour ago, Sorithar said:

@DarkAngel, I can't say if that was brave or foolish, but I can tell you that Yohan just barely "survived" no less than three crits! 😕🤕

bravely being foolish.... or foolishly being brave ?

It does often come down to the dice.

9 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Oh... Yohan is dead... well that combat was fun...

Been a blast.

Not dead, unconscious and bleeding. 10% chance to stabilize himself each round and then a 10% chance to regain consciousness once an hour with no help (feel free to roll each round). Also, a cleric at hand. Might not do anything, but death is not a debilitating injury in D&D 🙄

@Draidden, Finwe has neither line-of-effect, or line-of-sight to the casters. He can hear them at most. If he moved directly behind the dwarf warriors, he could potentially see the skeleton at the front of the cult force below. His sight would be obstructed by the draconic zombies and the limited lighting conditions, but for mechanical purposes, he'd have line-of-sight and line-of-effect. He could also aim the fireball to detonate above the cultist, on the ceiling of the stair, but would risk missing some of them with its full AoE.

image.jpeg.baa8b79a1312449e738e1bfcd17ebf5e.jpeg

Having used his move action to redirect the spiritual hammer, can he take a 5' step? If so he will and then if he still can't see them he will just target the spot you have marked with the dotted line with the fireball. Considering it is a ball and goes 20' in all directions, I think that will still get most of them. Too bad I rolled so low on the damage.

I didn't ask before about these stone beds, but are they built in or movable?

Yes. They are stone slabs on stone footings. They weight about 600 lbs.

If they are built in then I might use my round to go get those kegs and roll them down the stairs; a mini-Indian Jones temple trap.

That's fine if you wish to try. Kegs will be about 50 lbs. full of liquid.

Also, are there no falling trap here in this dwarven hall entrances? We encountered many in the lower hall that were recent additions, wouldn't they reinforce their home before making the effort to trap the lower halls?

Sorry if the text of the battle wasn't clear, but though you do not see it, you do hear a loud roar of water travelling down the stairs every few moments when you hear movement on the stairs. Something it clearly being triggered by the cultists that you can't see. I did forget to mention it this last round. I'll edit my post.

Well then I will forget the stone beds and move over to the other room where the kegs are at. I know it is blasphemy to waste ale but we need something heavy to roll down those stairs and cause the cultist and undead to loose their footing.

Side question: would anyone have any insights on why my character image keeps failing when I post? Whenever I do the clone, it shows it before I post, and after it just breaks. Not sure what is happening.