The Lady Luck Alehouse

Sorithar

I say go back to that last room that we did not go into a fully explore. It is the closest living quarters to where Yohan was so stands a good chance that his stuff is there. Definitely want to help him find his armor and weapons.

Yohan's gear is pretty shiny and valuable looking, I'd say his captives boss leader probably is coveting it in his treasure room ?

If the level has been cleared / searched... then I'd be ok for going to the dwarf section... maybe there is weapons armor and shield that Yohan can use there ?

On 1/31/2024 at 6:58 AM, Draidden said:

I say go back to that last room that we did not go into a fully explore. It is the closest living quarters to where Yohan was so stands a good chance that his stuff is there. Definitely want to help him find his armor and weapons.

I edited my post to make this the place we're currently heading, just to check for anything that might belong to Yohan.

• 2 weeks later...

The corridors were wider than Yohan had expected, they were wide enough for his trusty steed to turn around should the need arise... he checked how high the ceilings were. For Yohan was thinking of mounting up onto his warhorse... for he could fight better from horseback... If he was able, he mounts up on his horse...

The corridors are generally 10 ft. in height and this rises to 15 ft in height in most chambers (unless noted otherwise). Yohan can technically ride Zephyr in these corridors but it is constrained. Treat it as if squeezing but without the movement penalty:

While squeezed in a narrow space you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.

A creature can squeeze past an opponent while moving but it can’t end its movement in an occupied square.

there should be a 5' corridor beside his horse if pushed up against one wall... but with a rider, saddle bags etc... maybe less.

Technically the horse should be able to change facing in that space.

going through doorways is a problem

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

17 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

there should be a 5' corridor beside his horse if pushed up against one wall... but with a rider, saddle bags etc... maybe less.

Technically the horse should be able to change facing in that space.

going through doorways is a problem

Apologies for the confusion, but Zephyr would not be squeezing, Yohan on his back would be. There's room for the warhourse, though not much, but a human rider would need to bend their head and would not have full freedom to wield a weapon effectively due to the height of the ceiling. This would not apply in chambers, where the ceiling is generally 15 ft or more, BTW.

ok.. Yohan dismounts

9 hours ago, Sorithar said:

Apologies for the confusion, but Zephyr would not be squeezing, Yohan on his back would be. There's room for the warhourse, though not much, but a human rider would need to bend their head and would not have full freedom to wield a weapon effectively due to the height of the ceiling. This would not apply in chambers, where the ceiling is generally 15 ft or more, BTW.

@DarkAngel and all, just FYI, you cannot choose to disbelieve an illusion. If you interact with an illusion and it can be disbelieved (allows a save) then you'll be allowed that save to disbelieve it. Otherwise, you can't simply choose to disbelieve reality as you perceive it, though you can choose to ignore it at your own peril, lol.

The dust seems and behaves every way as you would expect thick dust to do.

Alright, assuming that we're about to finish exploring this floor, where to next? Up the stairs where the goblin ran? Down the stairs to the SE of this floor?

If the first priority is to get Yohan's armor back, does he know if the last set of stairs he was led to were heading up or down from his perspective at the time? If he knows he walked down a set of stairs to get here, then his armor is probably somewhere up those stairs, I'd imagine.