Season 2, Episode 1.2 - Selling Stones

prophane

Alvan, Hedge WizardAlvan, Hedge Wizard

HP: 10/10 FP: 5/10 ER: 4/8 Conditions: None

Leaning back, Alvan watches as Harolde takes the front. It was good that the priest was more open to accepting a leadership role; he was by far the most suited for it, temperamentally.

For now, he keeps his silence, focusing on steady breathing and allowing the natural energies of the world begin to replenish that which he lost earlier.

Action:

Cost_of_Living_in_the_Free_City.pngLocation: Old City Watchstation, Old City, City and Domain of Greyhawk
Date: Moonday, Third of Growfest (festival week)
Time: around 12:30pm
Weather: Moderate, 66°, thick, low cloud cover, and mostly calm winds with moments of intense gusts
Sunrise/set: just before 6am/ just after 6pm
Characters Present: Alvan, Emily, Fili, Harolde

attachment.php?attachmentid=108075&d=1670478717InspectorTissen.png.b078b3216131b0d2e6e99e4e1c0c1095.pngInspector Tissen listens to the group's story and narrows her eyes. "So you think that whatever was happening outside of the city, at this druid's grove, is somehow connected to the earthquakes? These druids told you this?" She shakes her head, "I don't know how I feel about druids, really, a strange lot they are. I think they eat too many of those funny mushrooms and consort with the Fey a bit much to be fully trusted. Hmm," she ponders and looks at Harolde's crudely scrawled map. "Hmm," she ponders some more. Piddles the crow then flaps around the room, landing on the inspectors desk and rustling all the papers there, sending some the floor. The black bird caws loudly several times at the Inspector and she swipes at it with her hand. "Why is this annoying bird in here," she cries, trying to shoo it out the door. "Anyway, I will write a report and send it up the chain, I cannot hire you or anything like that, not in my budget or job description at the moment, but I can assure you that if you come up with something that proves what you say, or better yet, put a stop to whatever nefarious plans are going on, I will do everything within my power to make sure you are compensated and recognized for your actions. Unfortunately, adventurers are a copper a dozen, and in most cases, their ideas and plans don't seem to work out as desired, the City Watch cannot bank on that type of situation, you understand? While you all seem like wonderful and capable folk," she slowly looks over the group, "that is the best I can tell you. Now, if you are interested in helping with some of the cleanup from the quakes the other day, I can put you to work immediately, there's still quite a bit of mess out there, seems like the Old City always gets hit hardest!" She smiles weakly at the group.

OOC

Are you sharing with her the shards of the druid's missing stones?

currently carrying 500$ from the sale of 2 Pelor Stones

Character Status

Alvan HP 10/10 || FP 9/10 || ER 8/8 | Power Item 8/8 || tired at 10pm

Emily HP 10/10 || FP 11/12 || ER 1/1 || 0-Enc 5/8, 1-Enc 4/7 || tired at 11pm

Fili HP 11/11 || FP 10/11 || 0-Enc 6/9, 1-Enc 4/8 || tired at 11pm

Harolde HP 12/11 || FP 14/14 || PI 3/3 || 2-Enc 4/7, 3-Enc 3/6 || tired at 11pm

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

spacer.pngHarolde smiles some more.

We'll let you know if we turn up anything. We do have this.

And I understand being on a budget. We're happy to volunteer this once, it's not everyday the earth shakes.

OOC: We -will- turn over all but one of the shards. We explain that we'll need one in order to match up any more that we find.

link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9855-harolde-pious-pilgrim/

spacer.pngFili Kober

HP: 11/11 FP: 10/11 Conditions:

Fili has a serious, thoughtful expression as she listens to the constable and her companion's reactions.

"Yes, me too would like to help clean up the old city. Looks to me that people here are hurting more than those uptown and need more help to get back what they lost."

"I'm worried, too, that there could be another earthquake if them stones ain't returned. If'n you put that in yer report, mebbe they'd listen, even if wasn't til after another one. We kin work at cleaning up the old city until you hear back."

OOC

Alvan, Hedge WizardAlvan, Hedge Wizard

Nodding along with the rest, Alvan chimes in.

"Pardon the bird...Piddles! Get over here!" He snatches his raven out of the air, holding him in a tight embrace that would likely hurt a real bird, but is barely enough to keep Piddles from being even more ornery.

"I would likely be of some use in the interim. I can help search, or clean water, or purify food...the little things that were already in short supply before the incident. Just point me where I can do the most good."

Action:

Cost_of_Living_in_the_Free_City.pngLocation: Old City Watchstation, Old City, City and Domain of Greyhawk
Time: around 12:30pm
Weather: Moderate, 66°, thick, low cloud cover, and mostly calm winds with moments of intense gusts

attachment.php?attachmentid=108075&d=1670478717Inspector Tissen takes the offered shards of the druid's missing structure. "Yes I'll be sure to send this with my report. And thank you for volunteering to help cleanup. Garris out front can point you in the right direction. There's many groups out there working. Most of them not working together, each vying for recognition or some other angle. If you'll be out in the streets, iu suppose you won't be doing much in the way of trying to figure out the cause of the earthquakes, then?" She jots some notes down on some paper and wraps the shards of stone up in them, shuffling them to the edge of her desk with some other reports.

OOC

Character Status

spacer.pngHarolde smiles some more, and responds to the guard. “Oh, we might be able to manage both. We’re not the entire company.”

Once outside the guard station, he pulls Alvan aside. “I appreciate your willingness to help, Alvan, and I do think you would be useful, but your scholarly abilities are needed more. Can you take a trip to the great library, and see what you can find about earthquakes, druids, and the River of Blood? I’ll join you when I can.”

Harolde then pushes his hair out of his face and looks for someone who could be a Garris.

link to sheet:

Time: around 1:00pm

attachment.php?attachmentid=108075&d=1670478717As the group waits for the City Watchman Garris to finish up inside, they stand around outside the Watch Station deciding on their next moves.

After a few moments, the Watchman Garris comes out and directs the group to a nearby tenement building that has collapsed. There are quite a few folk that seem to be camping in lean-tos and tents nearby, probably the residents of the ruined building. Garris indicates that the wreckage needs to be sifted through to salvage any building material that can be reused as well as to pull out anyone that died in the collapse, it is suspected that there may be some bodies in there. As the group gets to work, several of the locals watch and cry, it is clear they are suffering from minor wounds and look quite hungry.

OOC

I had thought you all brought the little shards of the druid altar back so your wizard Alvan could do some magic to figure out where they might be.

Character Status

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

spacer.pngHarolde frowns, looking at the mess.

“Ok, here’s the plan. Useable building materials go by the road. Bricks and intact timbers mostly. Anything that can burn will be pulled for the campfire. Emily, can you clear a space for that so it won’t spread? Can either you or Alvan create food from scratch? These people need to be fed, and look for serious injuries.

Fili, you and I will be moving heavy things.”

Harolde then walks over to address the crowd. “We’re here to help. My name is Harolde, and this is Emily, Fili, and Alvan. We should have a meal and a warm fire in a little bit. My biggest concern is that no one else gets hurt, so we need to make sure nothing else will shift. Is there anything we need to look for inside?”

link to sheet:

Alvan, Hedge Wizardalvan-modified.png

Alvan settles down by the edge of the crowd, drawing in ambient magic to refill his stores. With a stern glare and comment to Piddles not to cause trouble, Alvan returns to his tried and true 'distract the children' magic, conjuring up a simple image of rabbits and stoats prancing about in ornate outfits, moving around the feet of anyone nearby.

As he does so, he raises his voice to the crowd.

"Can you good folk bring me anything organic? Spoiled or rotten food, leaves, even wood will do. I am going to change it into something more palatable, but it will take a bit of time. Any food you have I can also cook for you, and conjure water to drink."

Action: Recovering his energy; in the meantime, he will use Simple Illusion to create a scene with small animals dressed up in finery, prancing around and looking up enquiringly at the children.

Simple Illusion, Skill 20, tiny illusion that doesn't cost any FP.

Once he's at full FP, he'll start using Purify Food/Cook if they have ingredients, or Create Food and Create Water to conjure up food and drink if they don't have any.

Edited by Galedeep (see edit history)
Name
Simple Illusion, Skill 20
3d6 5,2,1

spacer.pngFili Kober

HP: 11/11 FP: 10/11 Conditions:

Fili leaves some of her things in the care of constable's office so they don't get lost in the chaos of clearing rubble. Her wrapped up bow, her medical kit, and quarterstaff.

She proceeds to move and sort rubble, mostly wood. The smashed bits go into Alvan's pile and the intact timbers can be reused. Whatever stone there is is likely to be at the foundation, and there's no point in moving that. They can rebuild on it where it is.

She's "Fit", so should be able to keep this up for a while. If you want, you could roll me some Search 14- or Scrounging 11-

spacer.png

Emily

Food is a good first start. Emily will start looking for organic material, since she has Create Food as well. This was just another situation that showed the value of being able to create food from anything, even thin air.

OOC

HP 10/10; FP 12/12; ER 1/1