Season 2, Episode 1.2 - Selling Stones

prophane

Alvan, Hedge Wizardalvan-modified.png.6d22b450ad264cd12dc382cb8ff1abd7.png

HP: 10/10 FP: 5/10 ER: 4/8 Conditions: None

Nodding, Alvan smiles.

"Let's start with the two for now, and reconvene in a few days, while there is still life left in the others. As you mentioned, they could provide some utility in the interim. If you do find those who would like to buy another, we'll gladly offer you a finders fee, provided we come to some arrangement."

Looking around the shop, Alvan adds, "And if you would be interested, I'd love to hear more about your potion-making. I dabbled in Alchemy myself, though only shallowly. I do have a number of spells beneficial to the process, spells of maturation, distillation, and cleansing. If you'd be amenable, I'd be glad to provide those to you in trade; I also have some quite fine brandy, if you'd like a taste to see if it may be worth your while."

The Gnome smiles and explains that he never says no to brandy as he counts out the payment for the two Stones of Pelor. He then shuffles off to the back room, returning with a small wooden crate. He unpacks its contents onto the table revealing several over priced items of questionable nature and several small vials. These, he announces, are his finest work. Three Healing PotionsEach costs 150$ and weighs 0.5lb
And heals 1d6 HP or 2d6 if administered with a successful First Aid or Esoteric Medicine roll (takes 1 minute)
, two vials of Paut Costs 150$ and weighs 0.5lb
Restores 1d6 FP lost due to spell-casting (only)
, one Ungent of Fire ResistanceCosts $500 and weighs 0.5 lb.
Must be rubbed onto self (takes 10 sec)
Immunity to fire damage for 1d hours.
, and an Oil of SharpnessCosts $500 and weighs 0.5 lb.
Adds +1 to a weapon’s basic cutting and impaling damage. Two doses give +2; three (the maximum), +3. On a weapon with Puissance, use only the higher bonus. Treat weapon as a magical weapon for all purposes. Lasts one hour.
. He also produces a small necklace that he says is an Amulet of Lightning ResistanceCosts 270$ and weighs 0.1lb
Provides a one-time, one-second-duration resistance to a specific substance and then loses its power. Activates automatically when the wearer comes into contact with a potentially damaging amount of the substance. Provides the maximum possible resistance available against that substance – but only for one second! If the source is persistent, it affects the wearer normally after the amulet expires.
. He then chats with Alvan regarding some possible collaborations, happily concludes any other necessary business, and bids everyone a good day.

Action:

GM NOTE: GM added to this post under the horizontal line to preserve continuity.

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

spacer.pngHarolde turns in feigned surprise. “More of that brandy? And you’re only just mentioning it now? Alvan, I’m crushed.

After they leave the shop, he asks Alvan “Did you make any progress on the problem I gave you earlier?”

”So, to the Able Carter?” he asks the group.

link to sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9855-harolde-pious-pilgrim/

spacer.pngFili Kober

HP: 11/11 FP: 11/11 Conditions:

"I, uh," Fili begins cautiously. "I'm goin to the low city to see a constable I met. Mebbe we kin get hired to look into the earthquake, or at least paid for what we know now. I hope ye'll come along, Harolde, since yer leader of this group."

I'll assume text below this line is OOC. It's not rolls!

spacer.pngHarolde turns toward Fili “Oh, Yes, of course. I’m happy to go with you, Fili.”

Vidar, do you want to find us a new place? Remember I can also get us space at the temple of Fharlanghn. Let’s meet back here, or at least leave messages here.”

link to sheet:

spacer.pngFili Kober

Fili waves goodbye to Vidar, who is off to find lodging. "Something with separate room for the girls, remember!" she adds.

Then she leads the diminishing group towards the gate into the old city, her staff in hand and her bow securely wrapped, so as not to break the law. She doesn't expect to have any trouble finding Constable Tissen's watch station again. It's been a busy few days since getting to the city, but it really hasn't been any time at all.

Name
Urban Survival (Plains-3) 11-
3d6 6,2,2

Cost_of_Living_in_the_Free_City.pngLocation: Old City, City and Domain of Greyhawk
Date: Moonday, Third of Growfest (festival week)
Time: around noon
Weather: Moderate, 66°, thick, low cloud cover, and mostly calm winds with moments of intense gusts
Sunrise/set: just before 6am/ just after 6pm
Characters Present: Alvan, Emily, Fili, Harolde

attachment.php?attachmentid=108075&d=1670478717Fili leads the group south through the Black Gate and into the crowded Old City. It seems more crowded than the last time she was here and everyone seems to be a bit more on edge. There are more of the Nightwatchmen's Guild visible, especially around their Guild House along the Processional.

A familiar, dark skinned man leaps in front of Fili, holding several skewers with burnt up looking wads of something on the ends. "Ahh, yes, I see you before, you hungry now? Come, come, try Zabrack's Tasty Roast Rat. You want one or two? I see you bring friend, volume discount with Zabrack! One for 3 Commons, two for 5 Commons, but I sell you four for 8 Commons, one for each of you! But, no, you more hungry?" he says, licking his thin lips. "Zabrack sell you 10 Tasty Rats for 10 Commons! What a deal, you no find deal so good in all Greyhawk! These rats fresh, caught this morning, most by Ratcatcher's Guild, but some by me, too! So, friends, how many do you like?" Zabrack smiles widely, showing several cracked and yellow teeth.

OOC

Anyone interested in some tasty rat on a stick?

I would like for each of you to make a Urban Survival (Default to Per -5) or Streetwise (Default to IQ-6) roll please. Whenever rolling, please indicate the skill name and target number you are rolling against.

Character Status

Alvan HP 10/10 || FP 9/10 || ER 8/8 | Power Item 8/8 || tired at 10pm

Emily HP 10/10 || FP 11/12 || ER 1/1 || 0-Enc 5/8, 1-Enc 4/7 || tired at 11pm

Fili HP 11/11 || FP 10/11 || 0-Enc 6/9, 1-Enc 4/8 || tired at 11pm

Harolde HP 12/11 || FP 14/14 || PI 3/3 || 2-Enc 4/7, 3-Enc 3/6 || tired at 11pm

Alvan, Hedge WizardAlvan, Hedge Wizard

HP: 10/10 FP: 5/10 ER: 4/8 Conditions: None

Promising to come back when he has coin, Alvan toddles along with the rest.

As they wade through the crowd, he keeps his hands firmly around his pipe and his staff, the only things he really owns. He also glances up at Piddle, waggling his eyebrows intensely.

"I would gladly come trade with you at a later date. In fact, I know a few food related magics that may assist you in selling your wares. Truly, magical preservation and flavor enhancement and seasoning can make even a dreary rat positively sing on the tongue."

Truth be told, Alvan wasn't particularly hungry. The relative ease at conjuring his own food makes even his destitution feel less pressing.

Action: Perception 9
Also, siccing Piddles on anyone who tries anything untoward against him or the others.

Edited by Galedeep (see edit history)
Name
Perception 9
3d6 1,6,1

spacer.pngHarolde smiles at the rat catcher “Yes sir, we’ll all…well. One for me at least.

How did you find so many? I would have thought the rats would be hiding after the earthquake.”

Note: Harolde is -buying- a rat, not eating a rat.

link to sheet:

Name
Perception -5 (9)
3d6 4,4,1

Cost_of_Living_in_the_Free_City.pngLocation: Old City Watchstation, Old City, City and Domain of Greyhawk
Time: around 12:30
Weather: Moderate, 66°, thick, low cloud cover, and mostly calm winds with moments of intense gusts

attachment.php?attachmentid=108075&d=1670478717Zabrack is saddened that no one else wanted to buy a rat on a stick, but is happy enough to make at least one sale. After passing the rat to Harolde, he turns and resumes hawking his wares to others passing by.

Delving into the heart of the Old City, it is clear that the recent earthquakes affected this quarter significantly. Most buildings appear to have taken some sort of damage and Fili notes that the once friendly citizens of the neighborhood keep their eyes down and offer no greetings as they pass. After some twists and turns, and several detours due to overcrowded streets and a collapsed house or two, Fili leads the group to the Old City Watchstation. The building is a squat two-story stone building back in a warren of narrow streets off The Processional, not too far from the Black Gate. The same beggar family sits outside the Watchstation, though this time they all have their heads down and do not even make an attempt to beg for change, though their tin cups sit empty on the cobbles in front of them.

The common room of the Watchstation looks very similar to the last time Fili was there. It is filled with a variety of disreputable types: a dark, brooding male Elf sulks in a corner. A burly Dwarf paces across the room, mumbling to himself and shooting frequent glances at the Elf, who is trying to ignore the Dwarf, but clearly concerned with his growing irritation. A familiar Lightfoot Halfling sits in a chair much too big for him, scanning the room left and right. His gaze stops on Fili and he smiles, revealing even more missing teeth and than the other day. ”Dibbem ahh see youb ere da obber day?” he asks, tilting his head to one side. The scene is completed by the addition of several drunks, completely passed out and in a jumble on one bench, arms and legs overlapping to where it is nearly impossible to tell which limb belongs to which. A clearly tired Watchman asks what business the group has at the Watchstation.

OOC

Character Status

Vidar HP 11/11 || FP 12/12 || 0-Enc 7/9, 1-Enc 6/8 || tired at 9pm

spacer.pngFili Kober

"We'd, uh, like to see Constable Tissen. She knows us," Fili responds. "We got something she'll want to know about the earthquake."

She's trying to keep it short, hoping Harolde can eloquently fill in the details once they get to see the constable.

Cost_of_Living_in_the_Free_City.pngLocation: Old City Watchstation, Old City, City and Domain of Greyhawk
Time: around 12:30

attachment.php?attachmentid=108075&d=1670478717The Watchman's demeanor changes immediately when he realizes that Fiki and company are there to help, no to add to his already full workload.

"Oh, yes, yes, I'm Watchman Garris. Nice to meet you Fili, and the rest of you," the young, now newly energized Oeridian says, reaching for hands to shake. "I'm sure Inspector Tissen will appreciate the help. There's lots to clean up." He leads the group into the rear of the building to a cramped little office. Inspector Tissen stands quickly, clearly not expecting visitors. InspectorTissen.png.b078b3216131b0d2e6e99e4e1c0c1095.png

"Ahh, hello, Fili, was it? What can I do for you and your friends?"

OOC

Character Status

Vidar HP 11/11 || FP 12/12 || 0-Enc 7/9, 1-Enc 6/8 || tired at 9pm

spacer.pngFili Kober

"Yes, Ma'am," she says as she stands up straight. "Mebbe we kin do something for you. We was helping a priest ah Pelor outside the city when we run across some Druids. They said some magic stones was missing, and it would cause a terrible earthquake. Then this earthquake come. I worry there as might be more, if'n no one does nothing. We was hoping ye might know someone who would pay us to look into this."

With that, she turns to Harolde for help explaining. "Oh, this is Harolde. He's a priest of Fharlanghn and our group leader."

spacer.pngHarolde smiles, brushes his hair to one side, and extends his hand in fellowship. He realizes he’s a bit dusty for meeting important people, but maybe it would add credence to their tale. And, for better or worse, it was what people -expected- from priests of Fharlagnhn.

Yes indeed, we’d like to help however we can. If you ever need additional people, we have very reasonable rates. We live here, and helping is the right thing to do, but our crew also needs to be fed and paid. I’m sure you understand.”

”The circle of stones that has gone missing is just across the river, not in the city proper. I can show you my map if you’re interested. It’s not elaborate, but it does work.”

link to sheet: