Part I: The Slaughtergarde Laboratory

Posted (edited)

Camlann destroys the zombie, which immediately begins crumbling into dust. No more step up to take its place. There is a large mound of old armor, weapons, and dusty bone before the crew.

Combat over!

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

Camlann Cobb

"Well, that was more close run than I would have liked, but victory is ours!" Camlann declares. "It is also late, and I suspect many of you have cast all the magic you have for the day. Shall we explore this room up ahead and then retreat to a defensible location for the night?"

"We have killed several of our enemies, including what were likely their priest and their commander, but even so, it's hard to know how many more of these goblinoids may be lurking hereabouts, and I would not wish to be cut off inside the complex if they decided to rush us in the night."

OOC: Camlann has his Energy Shield aura up. Enemies will take 2 points of acid damage if they hit him or any ally within 30 feet.

Current HP: 18/23

Show this

Nothing to see here.

Father Wilwick Bramblemane, Halfling Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=18, Touch=12, FF=18 / HP= 8/13 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=2, Will = 7  ________________________________________________________________________

Wilwick uses his curative wand to heal the last of Camlann's wounds, restoring his flesh to its original condition other than an itch which will begin to quickly fade in the coming moments.  "Praise the gods!"  

"Yes, let's explore forward and finding a good place to rest is a wise idea given the late hour," the diminutive Halfling Domain Priest adds with a smile as he stows his wand and arms himself with his loaded sling ready to move out.

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action:

Standard Action: Use Cure Light Wounds Wand on Camlann

Move Action:

Contingent Move:  

Full Round Action:

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d8+1 6

Gwen Blodwenspacer.png

Gwen| Paladin 2 | AC17 Touch: 9 | HP: 18/18 | Fort +4 | Ref +0 | Will +0 | Spot/Listen +0/+0

Taking a moment to catch her breath, sweat upon her brown, Gwen cleans the ichor from her blade before sheathing it. "Good work everyone, I thought they would never stop coming."

Kicking one of the corpses in front of her. "Yes a good idea, hopefully there is someone suitable up ahead."

OOC

Posted (edited)

ScreenShot2024-05-12at8_14_06PM.png.8cf995e950e57166e29b2ab5bbff118c.pngAnd ornately carved, though heavily damaged, arch takes up the entire western wall. It's a larger, more detailed version of the demon arches you've seen, but this arch has just a blank wall beyond it. Two of the smaller demon arches, one you came through, pierce the southern wall.

Note: North is toward the right of the map.

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

Camlann Cobb

"Hmm, interesting decor this place has," Camlann chuckles. "Perhaps there is a hidden door - or a trap - beneath yonder arch, but now seems like a poor time to find out," he comments with a nod to the large arch on the western wall.

"Do we wish to see what's through this other arch?" he asks the group, pointing his halberd at the second arch on the south wall. "If we're looking for somewhere defensible with a clear line of retreat, I would prefer we head back to the room with the watchpost, rather than camping deep in the complex," he adds.

OOC: Camlann has his Senses aura up. Camlann and any allies within 30 feet get a +1 bonus to Listen, Spot and initiative checks.

Current HP: 23/23

Show this

Nothing to see here.

Crescenda

image.jpeg.988d75254c362aa82cbf7e00eda6246d.jpegCrescenda | WizardConjuror Variant of Wizard 2 | Spells used - L0: 1/5; L1: 3/4 | AC12/16Dexterity +2

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

If Mage Armor is cast and active, Hagen's Armor becomes: AC16, T12, FF 14
| HP: 11/11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Spot/Listen +1/+1

Crescenda hasn't noticed her fatigue until now. It's almost like an old friend coming to pester you for a fistful of silvers... Almost, but not quite. The idea of pressing forth fills her with a foreboding that simmer under a dark cloud.

"I am on the verge of exhaustion. And I would much rather collapse somewhere defensible, such as the library we ventured into. I leave the experts of combat to consider if they wish to press onwards while I see to the curtains and their addition to our soon-to-be-campsite. "

Crescenda turns her attention to the curtains, the large tempters of cloth in the room with the boneheaded remains and their master. By her calculus, she should be ablle to cleran the curtains and a very large campsite withing the library.

Conditions, Actions And Things Of Interest

Darkvision 60 ft

Darkness 1/Day; as per spell, as a spell-like ability;

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Gwen Blodwenspacer.png

Gwen| Paladin 2 | AC17 Touch: 9 | HP: 18/18 | Fort +4 | Ref +0 | Will +0 | Spot/Listen +0/+0

Gwen takes the opportunity to inspect the larger demon arch, as well looking to see if there is anything that her divine senses give her off the scent of evil.

"If we head back we will need to maneuver across that pit again. Making a retreat to a safer location is not a bad idea but word of caution for the traps we have already passed. I think it's worth exploring this room and getting a sense of direction before we do, just in case there is a better solution."

OOC

Action - Detect evil

Name
Search
1d20-1 8

Father Wilwick Bramblemane, Halfling Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=18, Touch=12, FF=18 / HP= 8/13 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=2, Will = 7  ________________________________________________________________________

Wilwick whispers saying, "I'm mostly spent as well for the day and could use some rest until morning, however I do have enough resources to allow us to continue our exploration."

Continuing in the same lowered voice, the diminutive Halfling Priest adds, "Hopefully we can find a safe place soon, but if all else fails we can fall back to areas that we have already explored if necessary."

"Furthermore, the arch leading to a stone wall seems strange. I recommend checking it for traps before searching for any secret or concealed doors," the holy man adds.

Moving to the smaller two Demon mouth passageways, Wilwick stands to the side using it as cover as he peeks through the pair of openings and listens for the sound of movement or anything unusual.

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action:

Standard Action:

Move Action:

Contingent Move:  

Full Round Action:

Continuing Effects:  None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
Spot
1d20+2 18
Listen
1d20+4 14

Ce'luna, Vaathwood Guardian

Celuna.jpg.0a7482a3ff2482fe3c946963bca3c229.jpgFemale   High Elf   Druid 1  

Init 4 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, Touch 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4

Ce'luna would move into the larger chamber to the north, gathering up the arrows she fired during the battle while keeping her keen elven senses alert for any danger. Blakesley would follow close by, exploring the northeastern area of the chamber.

Let's gather what spices we have so far back to that watch room then. Probably a good idea, she added silently and gave Camlann a goofy smile. She still had reserves, but some of the party seemed more fatigued. It would be easier to defend and we'd have a quicker escape route.

Show Mechanics

Actions

Free Action: 

Swift Action: 

Full Round Action:

Skill Checks

Listen, Spot, Search

Continuing Effects: +1 Listen, Spot, Initiative when within 30' of Camlann

Name
Listen
1d20+8 12
Spot
1d20+7 20
Search
1d20+4 9
Arrows
repeat(1d100,5) 11,85,7,24,4

"Fable" the Beguiler

Fable breathed a sigh of relief as the walking dead returned to their slumber. She makes an effort to retrieve her dagger from the zombie that caught it... and the bolt. A grumble is given to the remains of her bottle of fire. "Such a waste..."

"Rest would be welcome... I have pieces of chalk in my bag, that we can use to mark less-obvious traps. It's... my mentor suggested... it..." She suddenly realizes that maybe she is saying too much about her abilities! "I've no warding spells, though if anyone is having trouble sleeping, they can call on me to help them along with a spell."

Her offers finished, Fable mumbles something about looking for traps, before examining the arch -- and arches. She, likewise, casts a spell of magic detection before her search commences.

"Fable"

spacer.png

Half-Elven Beguiler

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet

Out of Character: Actions

Retrieving bolt, dagger.

Searching arches, and ruined arch piece. Casting detect magic to aid in this.

Edited by SCARY WIZARD
introspection (see edit history)
Name
Fable - Search
1d20+7 20
Fable - Spent Ammunition and Thrown Weapons (Bolt, Dagger)
2d100 62,99