Game Discussions

dtspurrier

For all we know, there could be hidden doors and stuff we haven't found. The last adventure seemed to have a ton of those.

But I agree that hiring someone to help temporarily, at least for the rescue attempt, is a good idea.

FWIW I've got just three more days (after today) of crunch time, then I'll be back at full speed (following a brief recovery day).

51 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

But I agree that hiring someone to help temporarily, at least for the rescue attempt, is a good idea

You are in a rough part of town. It wouldn’t be too hard to hire a couple toughs that be happy to bust heads for a few gold pieces.

FWIW I've got just three more days (after today) of crunch time, then I'll be back at full speed (following a brief recovery day

awesome surviving another tax season

@dtspurrier hasn’t logged in since he last post. He might not even know what happened yet and I’m not sure when he will. I tried to see if Magnus’ armor’s DR would help but it wouldn’t have in this case.

If you look at the Brazen Escape thread Iodás and Dianora are exploring too. You might be able to meet up in the middle.

5 hours ago, dtspurrier said:

ok so sorry new job, and I have returned. so will be creating new character

Congratulations!

4 hours ago, dtspurrier said:

Making stats now, 2nd level yes?

Technically, your new character can start with 3600 XP. I included the XP from the automation that devastated y'all since it was an encounter.

@VennDygrem you can go ahead and level Zalven up to 2nd level. I believe 3836 XP would do that.

@Rudolf and @Malkavian Grin make sure you added the 2246 XP I awarded Tuesday.

Unclaimed Equipment update

Unknown equipment you currently have.

• magical pterydactyl leather armour
  • 5 cylindrical devices with pins
  • ring; simple gold band

Known equipment you currently have

• ring of feather walking

"Lost" equipment

• Dagon’s harness - +1 scale mail; water breathing (as the spell, at CA 9 capacity) once per day
  • halberd +1
  • +1 Laminated armor; lorica segmentata
  • Thorn - +1 broad sword; a Viking it has +2 damage
  • scroll of light and sanctuary.
Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)

Oh whoops, didn't see that xp. I'll go add it now.

Looks like I'll (eventually) get Thorn back. At least i hope so. I'll have to check the book on armor ratings to see if +1 laminate is better than plate.

The ring of feather walking would be grand for a tank like me that can't climb, but would likely be wasted as merely a "contingency plan" as it were.

Salty, does having things identified come at a high cost if we goto an npc?

38 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

The ring of feather walking would be grand for a tank like me that can't climb, but would likely be wasted as merely a "contingency plan" as it were.

It actually helps with moving silently, but armor restrictions on that would still apply so might be good for someone with no or light armor.

39 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Salty, does having things identified come at a high cost if we goto an npc?

Yeah, but it is on the illusionist spell list, and Iodás has it in his spell book. I believe that Zalven and Iodás traded spells a while back so Zalven would be able to identify it. I guess since you know Magnus is dead, and Iodás fate is uncertain you might decided to wait to the next day to head back. I can DMPC Zalven to cast identify in the morning, he would just be down a spell slot for the day.

Haha I just thought of this.

Dathan and Dianora are already members of the same party. They noticed that they were being followed by a shifty-eyed tilt-headed Pict. They followed him to the drug den where they were ambushed. Dathan got away but Dianora and her cousin, Kallisto Alladoros, an Amazon fighter, were captured. Dathan saw Luciana, Wu and Zalven emerge with an unconscious Zenobios from the same drug den, and deduced that they too fell victims to the same cultists. He followed them to the Silvery Eel were he can offer his assistance, and ask for same, if he so chooses.

@dtspurrier you can go ahead and introduce your character to the others.

I’ll also do a post of Zalven identifying the items later today. You'll need to subtract 300 gp worth of items from the party treasure

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)