Game Discussions

dtspurrier

Ah geez... Well, what am I to do now? It would be dishonorable to not aid Magnus in trying to get our warlock back. That's just not in the paladin's code. "Leave no Dwarf one behind." (too much Deep Rock Galactic lately lol)

I can't help but think that us going back in to get Iodas isn't a good idea.

Ok I'm going to exposition a bit. This room is supposed to be a puzzle room with a wicked repercussion for getting it wrong. You were so so close to getting it right. I wanted to try and portray just how deadly this was about to be by having it attack the redshirt  Zenobios and dropping him in one hit. Then you pressing the attack, it did what it was designed to do.

I have posted how new characters will enter the game in the main page which is new characters start at the next 500 increment below the lowest XP character. At this point it is Zalven with 1680 XP, so therefor 1500 XP for new characters. But, I don't think you will be pressing on so I want to award XP at this point and maybe push it up to the next slot.

@dtspurrier please roll up a new character.

@Rudolf as you know stand by on the new character.

@Malkavian Grin Luciana is going to get a bonus XP for that last post I just need to determine how much.

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)

earned XP each: 2146 XP

Luciana take an extra 100 XP for the strife and sorrow she is going through

Iodás take an extra 100 XP for what Iodás is going through right now.

@dtspurrier add 100 XP to your next character for Magnus' sacrifice.

That means Zalven has 3826 XP so @dtspurrier you can roll up a new character with 3500 XP, 3600 with the bonus.

A puzzle, you say? 👀

I have to say I'm just stunned. I don't have to open a program to copy á character anymore. I don't get to poke fun at our warlock for making sweet, sweet love to a swamp witch. What am I to do with myself now.

I joke. This is... wow. I haven't had this much fast death in a game in awhile. With a player down and then two PCs murderlized in front of me and an NPC nearly done so, I am a loss for what to say, but joke. I guess this happens in OSR, eh?

I have someone tentatively interested in joining (I regaled them with our tale just now). I'll let you know.

23 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

A puzzle, you say? 👀

I have to say I'm just stunned. I don't have to open a program to copy á character anymore. I don't get to poke fun at our warlock for making sweet, sweet love to a swamp witch. What am I to do with myself now.

I joke. This is... wow. I haven't had this much fast death in a game in awhile. With a player down and then two PCs murderlized in front of me and an NPC nearly done so, I am a loss for what to say, but joke. I guess this happens in OSR, eh?

I have someone tentatively interested in joining (I regaled them with our tale just now). I'll let you know.

I agree. I am stunned on my end but I want to keep it real. The actual creature is not beatable at your level, but it can be bypassed. I don’t think I’ve ever had this much PC/NPC bloodshed ever. If your friend wants to join they are welcome.

This dungeon is still in play and I’ll let you know Iodàs is not dead. I was going to try and play mysterious with Iodás’ fate but with Magnus gone I don’t mind letting you know that Iodás is alive, but in a bad place,

I think we should regroup. Let @Rudolf play Zenobios until either Iodás is back I play or gone. @dtspurrier make his new character. And if your friend wants to jump in they can join us at The Silvery Eel.

16 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Oh, as soon as that first chop came down, I thought: this could do it…

Iodás can keep making his Test of Strength tests. Each time he needs to make a Trauma Survival check and if he fails takes 1 hp of damage.

But, but, but... Iodas is trapped on the other side of the room, along with our healing potion on Magnus'... uh, torso. I don't see how we get to him before he bleeds out.

I'll let her know; she did say the world of Hyperborea sounded like her kind of gonzo lol.

43 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

A puzzle, you say? 👀

This adventure definitely hits the deadliness of classic games on the head... Or directly through the torso, it would seem. 🤐

I would also certainly understand if Zalven has a reduced XP gain since I've been MIA. He's going to be just as shocked about losing most of the party after such a relatively short time. And he hasn't been through as much with them as Luciana has.

12 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

But, but, but... Iodas is trapped on the other side of the room, along with our healing potion on Magnus'... uh, torso. I don't see how we get to him before he bleeds out.

I'll let her know; she did say the world of Hyperborea sounded like her kind of gonzo lol.

It’s taken care of. I’d say don’t worry, but.., he’s alive because of reasons 😉

and yeah, she can start where Iodás is currently 😈