Atto 1 โ€” La Strada per L'Inferno [Highway to Hell]

iantruesilver

Signy

Signy.png.48c633c1e9b04ea5770be85eb7904589.png

Signy Fullonna - Human Brawler 1

AC 17 | FF 14 | Touch 13 | HP 13/13 | Temp HP | Init +5 | Speed 30ft

Fort 4 | Ref 5 | Will 1 (+3 vs Charm and Compulsion)

Martial Flexibility 2/4 | Hero Points 1

Active Conditions:

•  
Inside Tannery

Signy firmly took Claudia's hands and pulled them away, cupping each of them in her own. "No. You can stay but nothing that disturbs my sleep." She transferred the half-elfs hands to one of her own and halfway rolled over ready to pass out.

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Details

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2841700]Signy Fullonna[/url][/b] [i]Human Brawler 1 LE[/i] [b]HP[/b] 13 / 13 [b]Speed[/b]30 ft [b]Init[/b] 5 [b]AC[/b] 18 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +5 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Scizore[/b] +4 (1d10+4, x2) [b]Unarmed Strike[/b] +5 (1d6+4, x2) [b]Cestus[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Dagger[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Brass Knuckles[/b] +5 (1d3+4, x2) [b]Flanking Bonus[/b] With Ally (+1, -) [b]Str[/b] 18 (4) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 8 (-1)
Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)
Unarmed Strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)
Dagger +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)
Brass Knuckles +5 (1d3+4, x2)

Flanking Bonus With Ally (+1, -)

Str 18 (4) Dex 17 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 8 (-1)

Posted (edited)
Ash House — Parlour

The night of drinking and feasting eventually comes to an end, with each of the small group of burgeoning criminals either drifting off to sleep or each off to return to their own living arrangements. The next morning comes soon enough, as verily the crack of dawn was already near when your lot descended the stairs to the parlour to begin with.

Oathday, 03 Rova, 4715. Signy finds herself waking wrapped up in Claudia's arms, her back pressed comfortably into the half-elf's front side, and...

"Hey get up." Cimri's voice insistently in her ear. "Round up the others. The big Razz-man wants another meeting with us, like pronto."

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Signy

Active Conditions:

•  
Inside Tannery

Signy groaned, pressing the palms of her hands into her eyes. "Seriously? Fine, tell me where they are and I'll round folk up." She carefully extracted herself from Claudia's arms, and let her continue to rest. She could use a morning jog anyway, it helped to wake her up and keep her muscles from stiffening.

Once Cimri gave her the rough places to retrieve the rest of the crew she set off, ready to wake them and relay Razelago's instructions.

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Details

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2841700]Signy Fullonna[/url][/b] [i]Human Brawler 1 LE[/i] [b]HP[/b] 13 / 13 [b]Speed[/b]30 ft [b]Init[/b] 5 [b]AC[/b] 18 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 5 [b]Will[/b] 1 [b]CMB[/b] +5 [b]BAB[/b] 1 [b]Scizore[/b] +4 (1d10+4, x2) [b]Unarmed Strike[/b] +5 (1d6+4, x2) [b]Cestus[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Dagger[/b] +5 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2) [b]Brass Knuckles[/b] +5 (1d3+4, x2) [b]Flanking Bonus[/b] With Ally (+1, -) [b]Str[/b] 18 (4) [b]Dex[/b] 17 (3) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 12 (1) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 8 (-1)
Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)

Level 1 template:

Zoya Tesfaye

spacer.pngZoya Tesfaye — Human Skald 1 (Fated Champion)
AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +1 | Speed 20ft | Fort/Ref/Will 4/1/2 (+3 will vs. charm and compulsion | Low light vision
Raging Song 12/12 | Hero Points ??
Active Conditions:

Raging song: Everyone who accepts (you can choose to not accept) gains +2 str +2 con +1 to will saves and -1 to AC
Spells:

1st: (2/2 remaining per day) Heightened Awareness (10 minutes), Cure Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, ghost sound, prestidigitation, read magic

Inside Razelago's Parlour the night before

Zoya cringed on seeing Signy pull Claudia's hands.

"Not quite on the bullseye, Claudia," she said quietly to herself. Still the night was young, who knew how things would go once the three of them were along. She briefly considered that Signy and Cimri might need a chaperone especially with Claudia in the mix, but she knew she was not the one to de-escalate any such situation that arose. Signy could take care of herself, and Zoya was a third, no fourth wheel.

"My work here is done. Well, almost," she gathered her gold and the new weapon and found her way out.

Coming back the next morning

Zoya was easy enough to find, Signy knew where she lived. She kicked the young man she met at the tavern out of her bed, literally, dressed quickly and moved to follow the brawler, smirking but not saying a word about the night past. As she moved into Razelago's place, then up to the room they were to meet him in, she was singing quietly to herself

"Am I talking too fast or are you just playing dumb?
If you want I can write it down
It shouldn't matter to you, 'cos aren't you the one
Oh, with your Razzmatazz and the nights on the town"

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +5
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +6
Intimidate +7
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (local) +6
Other knowledges (untrained) +2
Perception +3
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +4

* -4 ACP to str and dex skills  

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)

0aca8ef163b5cda56054557b80f9a09714c30b68.jpg.be5828f2722b420d7704320e14227acb.jpg
Silas Tyseri
Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)

AC: 16 HP: 14/14 Hero Points: 1/1 Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +2 Init: +3 Panache: 4/4

As tempting as it is for Silas to stay at the Ash House, he much prefers to sleep in buildings that don't look like they aren't at risk of turning into his tomb at any moment. So he departs for home. In the morning, when Signy comes to collect him, he's already prepped and gives her a polite greeting before heading off to the Ash House.

Bertram

spacer.png

Bertram raises one eyebrow as he watches the antics. Then he grabs one of the other bottles, opens it and sits, keeping an eye on the unfolding bit of tomfoolery while he makes a careful examination of his new blade.

OOC: should've double checked that I was on the last page before posted.

When Signy at Bertram's lodgings and passes the information, Bertram turns back to his rooms and calls out "Balders, let work know that I'm going to be out investigating something. I'll be in when I can." He belts on his new blade and heads out to the Ash House, making some attempts to spot and/or throw off anyone following.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2838712][B][SIZE=+1]Bertram Ebonviper[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 5, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] 0, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0, [B]Action Points[/B] 1 [B] Rapier [/B] 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2) [B]MW Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] None
Bertram Ebonviper
M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), Level 1, Init 5, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points 1
Rapier 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2)
Dagger 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
MW Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
Ash House — Razelago's Office

spacer.pngAs the lot of you arrive and gather at the Ash House, you are ushered upstairs as a group back into Razelago's office. The place is you had seen it the night before — Bookshelves lining the walls, some toppled, mostly sporting burned and waterlogged books. The large earless feline seems to be busy on its heap of pulpy material, gnawing at some large hunk of bone with shreds of meat still clinging to its surface, giving you only the barest of suspicious looks as you enter.

Behind the table and the screen still, is the silhouette of your recent employer Razelago, sat straight as he did before. On the table in front of the screen is a small, black lacquered box.

spacer.png

"Thank you for coming back again on short notice." The mysterious man begins, "You see, there's growing unrest in the empire, and not just in Pezzack and along the Hellcoast."

"With the number of veterans living in Longacre, it's not surprising that there's a church of Iomedae in town. And many of the Righeous Prude's faithful have begun speaking more boldly of the monarchy's vices of late, touting some misguided view about the supposed 'rights of the citizens'." Razelago's silhouette clasps shadowy hands. "They seem to believe perhaps that they live in Andoran, and that the people have only to reach out to seize power."

"You and I clearly know how wrong they are. This is Cheliax, not Andoran, and we know where true power lies." A slam of the fist on the desk was delivered as he said 'Cheliax', emphasizing the point.

"My sources tell me that that self-righteous priestess Tileavia Allamar is gathering anyone who will listen for a sermon in front of her church this afternoon — only two short hours from now." Your employer explains as he regains his composure, however his voice continues to carry an accusatory tone, "I don't know what she has in mind, but I suspect it will be some revolutionary claptrap nonsense that can only sow the seeds of confusion and frustration among Longacre's citizenry."

[[ Map — The Ash House ]]

Level 1 template:

Zoya Tesfaye

spacer.pngZoya Tesfaye — Human Skald 1 (Fated Champion)
AC/T/FF 16/11/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +1 | Speed 20ft | Fort/Ref/Will 4/1/2 (+3 will vs. charm and compulsion | Low light vision
Raging Song 12/12 | Hero Points ??
Active Conditions:

Raging song: Everyone who accepts (you can choose to not accept) gains +2 str +2 con +1 to will saves and -1 to AC
Spells:

1st: (2/2 remaining per day) Heightened Awareness (10 minutes), Cure Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, ghost sound, prestidigitation, read magic

Inside Razelago's Parlour again

Zoya spat on the floor to ward off the 'goodie' spirits at the mention of Iomedae.

"You get the rights you can defend," she added to Razelago's description of the people thinking they were in Andoran.

"If they can rise up and take them and keep them against the thrice damned house, well good for them. I don't like their chances though. And of course we're here to make those long odds a little longer. The question is how? What would you have us do? It seems a mite drastic for Madame Allamar to meet with an unfortunate accident on her way to the sermon. But if that's the job, that's the job."

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* +5
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +6
Intimidate +7
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (local) +6
Other knowledges (untrained) +2
Perception +3
Perform (Sing) +8
Swim* +4

* -4 ACP to str and dex skills  

Bertram

spacer.png

Bertram taps his chin thoughtfully. "That is too obvious and risks making her a martyr. It would be better to discredit her, but two hours isn't much time." He snaps his fingers. "I know. We arrange to have her arrested for robbing the good tanner last night. If we plant some of the smaller goods on her person..."

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2838712][B][SIZE=+1]Bertram Ebonviper[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M LE Human Unchained Rogue (Charlatan), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 5, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] 0, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0, [B]Action Points[/B] 1 [B] Rapier [/B] 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2) [B]MW Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14 [B]Condition[/B] None
Bertram Ebonviper
AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points 1
Rapier 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2)
Dagger 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

"Indeed, these Iomedaeans would love nothing more than a convenient martyr to galvanize their rebellion. Anything spark to throw at their kindle." Razelago continues, venomously casting accusations. "You can easily see why this would be bad for Longacre and for those with vested interest in here."

"In the box you'll find some sashes marked with Archbaron Fex's insignia." The bald man behind the screen gestures forward with a hand, indicating the small, black-laquered box on table in front of you, "I'd like you to attend the rally wearing these. Remind the people that the Lord of this town is not without his supporters, and just watch. Afterward, Cimri you will report back to me of what transpires of the event."

"Do this, and you will all receive double the amount of gold you got last night."

Signy

Active Conditions:

•  
Inside Tannery

"For just standing there? Wearing that? What's the catch?" Signy was feeling a lot less annoyed than the day before, but was still wary of the job. She did smirk a little as Zoya and Betram started to think up such complicated schemes only to get shut down with such a simple job.

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Details

Statblock

Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)

Bertram

spacer.png

Bertram grimaces. "The catch is obvious. When the crowd is incited to riot, we will be right there as convenient targets. Or as convenient targets for whatever nasty little plans the rebels come up with later."

Statblock

Bertram Ebonviper
Rapier 4 (1d6, 18-20/x2)
Dagger 4 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Condition None

Actions Crunch

0aca8ef163b5cda56054557b80f9a09714c30b68.jpg.be5828f2722b420d7704320e14227acb.jpg
Silas Tyseri
Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)

AC: 16 HP: 14/14 Hero Points: 1/1 Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +2 Init: +3 Panache: 4/4

"They're not going to start a riot, they're not that stupid. They don't have any weapons and rioting would bring down force on them. Besides, they're Iomedaeans. Rioting and forming lynch mobs isn't their thing. "

spacer.png"Yes Signore. It will be done." After hearing the entirety of Razelago's orders, Cimri wasted no time to chit chat or to question what she was told, quickly agreeing to to the job as she advances to the table to take the box. Passing the others as she removes herself from the room, the rogue gives Signy a gesture with a tilt of her head toward the direction of the door, her expression firm and serious as it catches the brawler's suspicious questioning mid-sentence.

spacer.png

Razelago on the other hand, displayed little in the way of ire from Signy's inquiry, and answers her question matter-of-factly. "No catch. You can of course appreciate that the Archbaron, as any government might, would better serve the people when he is not preoccupied with having to quell insurgence and rioting from his own townsfolk."

"In truth I am not sure what the preacheress Allamar has to say, and it would be best to first hear her out." He explains clamly, "I've heard thin rumour of the so-called 'Glorious Reclamation', but that is not a business that immediately concerns Longacre, and we shan't fan those flames lest it catch wind where it doesn't need to."

Signy

Active Conditions:

•  
Inside Tannery

"Fair enough, I am not one to tell the rich how to spend their coin." Signy gestured for Cimri to open the boxes and hand her some of the contents, ignoring her head gesture. "If they do attack us, what are your limits on self defense. I figure Zoya and Silas would be happy to give anyone who looks at them strangely some new holes to enjoy. And I will admit testing out my new gift would be fun."

Mechanics

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Details

Statblock

Signy Fullonna
Human Brawler 1 LE
HP 13 / 13 Speed 30 ft
Init 5 AC 18
Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 1
CMB +5 BAB 1

Scizore +4 (1d10+4, x2)