A Baronet's Daughter and a Sunless Citadel OOC

Also, DragonFriend, would it be possible to roll Knowledge: Architecture and/or History to determine if it was humans or another species that built them? (Or at least, what engineering and construction methods/cultures likely did so). Or if it looks like it was designed to be on the surface and it fell into the ravine, or was constructed in the ravine? (Assuming the Module gave any information on it at least.)

IIRC, the story we have so far is that dragon cultists constructed the citadel, unless my quick glance back through missed something.

Edited by Amoren (see edit history)

Yeah, do the History roll with a +2 because you have already figured out who "Ashardalon" is, and throw in Knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft rolls as well. That goes for anyone who makes to make the check and is trained. Bardic Knowledge will also work here.

Sounds good. o7

Ack, forgot to have Luca roll his assist rolls. Bird brain only manages to assist on the Arcana, bringing it up to 18.

Name
Kn: History
1d20+10 9
Kn: Arcana
1d20+8 8
Spellcraft
1d20+9 15
Luca Assist History
1d20+3 2
Luca Assist Arcana
1d20+3 14
Luca Assist Spellcraft
1d20+4 4

Alright then, your suspicion that the fortress was built by a dragon cult was correct, and it was built by humanoid hands a long time ago. Possibly millennia ago. Furthermore, it was in fact built on the surface and some cataclysm caused the fortress to sink into the ground. It survived -mostly- intact only due to the rather extreme levels of magical reinforcement and protection it had on it at one point. The remnants of those magical enchantments are still able to be detected all these years later. You get a feeling that in its height of power this fortress could have survived being besieged by multiple adult dragons.

The common theory is that the dragon cult worshipped Ashardalon, the same fiendish red dragon that scourged and cursed the land all those centuries ago and created the Ashen Plains. No one remembers the name of the cult or what the fortress itself was originally called.

My family is prepping into the Lunar New Year, so will be a bit packed for today till over the weekend. Will post today, but please feel free to NPC my character if the others are already done and waiting for my character's turn, GM. 

When all those Eastern celebrations, festivals etc. I feel so oddly included because I play a decent amount of online "time waster" games and for about a week now I've been getting free rewards, special events, races, skins, and so on. Aside from Christmas, Halloween, and Valentine's Day, I'd say that is the only time I'm even reminded something is happening. Anyway. Mini game-addict talk over. Enjoy yourself.

9 hours ago, Ensou said:

My family is prepping into the Lunar New Year, so will be a bit packed for today till over the weekend. Will post today, but please feel free to NPC my character if the others are already done and waiting for my character's turn, GM. 

Should be just fine, have fun with your family.

Does anyone here have trapfinding? Traps probably won't be much of a problem anyway, but I'd rather tailor the experience to the party and just remove them entirely or replace them with something else if nobody does.

Not unless anyone knows any small or medium humanoids or animals that have trapfinding as a racial ability, no. xD

We don't have any Clerics for Find Traps either I imagine.

So with that being said, who wants to knock and be the meat shield we heal up after disabling the traps with their face? ;)