Sample day:

Oleg leans against the wall, sitting sideways in his bunk. He could hear the shower, his cellmate had a routine. Don’t we all, here? He turns a page in the book, and glances at the number. 47, remember that.

He found it more difficult to remember things, here in the prison. Was it the lighting? Or just the boredom? Still, Vesanius was right, this Thomas Hobbes was a skilled writer. It was fascinating to think that Karl Marx himself might have read this book. He thought he had some questions to ask the little man later. But, it was time for the gym. Oleg was used to exercise, it made him irritable when he didn’t get any exercise.

39 minutes ago, wtaylorjr2001 said:

Insurgence 2

Supremacy 2

Any other at two?

Between the two I still think it depends on how our characters are looking to actually go about taking over the world.

"The Insurgency" seems like the kind of name you'd go for if you wanted a shadowy organization; assassinating high priority targets, replacing/mind controlling politicians, blackmailing or framing lobbyists to gather support. Nobody knows how many Super Villains are actually part of "The Insurgency" or who their leader is. It would be spoken of in whispers by members of the CIA, FBI, etc. and often dismissed as rumor. There would be conspiracies within conspiracies with paranoia running rampant. People would be afraid that their bosses might have been compromised by members of "The Insurgency". (Similar to Hydra)

On the other hand, "Supremacy" seems like the kind of name that high profile gang would go for; blowing up government buildings, making huge threats on the news, kidnapping a hero's girlfriend and openly challenging him to a fight in the middle of town. Our characters could steal a nuke and threaten to destroy Denver unless the Government agrees to let all the Super Villains out of Gaddis, or hold some officials hostage in exchange for huge ransoms and policy changes. Everyone would know who the seven members of "Supremacy" are and how dangerous it is to try to screw with them. (Similar to Cobra)

Both are good names, and to be honest Herbert could get on board with either mindset, but my preference is for the first one. Given the skillsets of our Super Villains I think a low-profile takeover is the best approach and "The Insurgency" seems to fit that idea better.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

If I had to back one of the current leaders, I would take Insurgency. 

Supremacy is exactly what Vesanius is here for fighting against. Insurgency has a more "me, and you too" feeling to it. I can imagine him holding a banker over the edge of a rooftop, looking a news drone dead in the camera lens, spouting off about "this is not my Insurgency; it is ours." And then dropping the guy like Christmas Eve at Nakatomi Plaza.

On another note we can plan a few operations we'll need to conduct once we escape from prison. 

1) Escape from prison, obviously. 

2) Acquire a war chest. We can do something with the Federal Reserve or some such organisation (Fort Knox for extra comic book villainy). Possibly something to do with mind controlling a bunch of people at the Fed Reserve and working with The Accountant to funnel billions away into off-shore accounts that we can then funnel again somewhere else. Or possibly mind control the crew of a US warship and sell it, in secret, to the Chinese or something for top dollar. We can use this money to hire mercenaries and goons to staff our HQ (see next) and to act as goon-squads. 

3) Acquire a hide-out. I'm thinking something like an underground installation in The Mountains or somewhere else. Originally I thought of giving Siren a custom submarine to traverse the oceans and fly out of when going on missions. There are plenty of for-sale decommissioned nuclear silo's across the US alone that could be bought through shell companies and converted into underground lairs. Or an oil rig.  

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Bananaphone said:

3) Acquire a hide-out. I'm thinking something like an underground installation in The Mountains or somewhere else. Originally I thought of giving Siren a custom submarine to traverse the oceans and fly out of when going on missions. There are plenty of for-sale decommissioned nuclear silo's across the US alone that could be bought through shell companies and converted into underground lairs. Or an oil rig.  

Herbert is going to need some place with good cell coverage or wifi set up so he would probably vote against something underground or out in the mountains. His whole 'mind is the internet' thing only works if there's a signal.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

Can get a satellite dish or something. Plenty of underground facilities out there have communications, it's a 1 equipment point feature of a HQ 🤓.

The benefit of somewhere a bit more remote is that it gives us plenty of area to work with the 'melt away' and lose the authorities after an engagement, there's no real local collateral damage (for some of our more softer-hearted team-mates), it takes a bit for the authorities/super hero teams to get forces to the area if we're ever discovered etc. 

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, Bananaphone said:

"Evil? I am not malevolent. I simply am."

Scylla is basically an Id with a philosophy.
Humanities mistake is/was considering itself separate from nature. Humans are animals and should start acting like it.

Hmm, I think I just made a Eco-Terrorist without meaning to...

"Give me a day to work the stock market and we can have a few million." Henry considers for a moment and continues with, "let me get lost in the state of your choice, and I will find us the perfect base. We just need to get out of here." Henry is silent once more as the dark skinned young man spoke to his roommate. He smiled.

"They are listening to us. That's funny." He guesses the correct direction to address the camera that he assumes is hidden. "Yes I am going to break out of here and there is nothing you can do to stop me." (Sleepy finish later.)

6 hours ago, wtaylorjr2001 said:

"Give me a day to work the stock market and we can have a few million." Henry considers for a moment and continues with, "let me get lost in the state of your choice, and I will find us the perfect base. We just need to get out of here." Henry is silent once more as the dark skinned young man spoke to his roommate. He smiled.

"They are listening to us. That's funny." He guesses the correct direction to address the camera that he assumes is hidden. "Yes I am going to break out of here and there is nothing you can do to stop me." (Sleepy finish later.)

I assume Dice must be as freaked out as the rest of us to be (literally) out of luck!

8 hours ago, Bananaphone said:

Scylla just needs a otter den style air block to pop in/out of.

1 hour ago, Oceane said:

I assume Dice must be as freaked out as the rest of us to be (literally) out of luck!

He is actually loving it. It is the first time he has ever been without his powers. It is like the rich kid going into the slums, a family going camping. It is something new and exciting. He has never had a serious injury. He has never been afraid, this is all new and exciting for him. That said, when the excitement wears off and the depression sets in, he will be truly freaked out. "This unluck doesn't end!"