6 minutes ago, wtaylorjr2001 said:

He is actually loving it. It is the first time he has ever been without his powers. It is like the rich kid going into the slums, a family going camping. It is something new and exciting. He has never had a serious injury. He has never been afraid, this is all new and exciting for him. That said, when the excitement wears off and the depression sets in, he will be truly freaked out. "This unluck doesn't end!"

This is messed up, I love it.

Vesanius - Desmond - feels naked without his mask, but otherwise isn't panicking about not having his powers. He understands that, given the kind of charges they were facing, ten years is a slap on the wrist. So long as he's able to read and write, he has something to do. (Expect him to be producing a political screed at least once a week.)

As for how they caught a guy who is never where he appears to be? The first thing that comes to mind for me would be saturation bombing with comic-book-logic knockout gas.

Also they probably "caught" his avatar an embarrassing number of times first.
And every time they whipped off the mask there was a different face underneath.
Including the hero who caught him, once. Whipped the mask off, ended up looking into his own face on live streams. He would've pulled this on somebody with a personality akin to Spider-Man; i.e. somebody whose ideals he doesn't hate and who would appreciate the joke.

Edited by SageBahamut (see edit history)

Looks like (The) Insurgency wins! I know you all are ready to go I just need to remind everyone to keep within MW guidelines (specifically avoiding real-world religions, politics and moral issues). No profanity or sexual content. Let's keep it PG-13 like the Mods require. Violence is a part of comic books but let's keep it more like Justice League Animated rather than Deadpool 😉 Speaking of combat remember unless surprised (I'll ask for Perception checks if necessary) your characters will always act first so we can avoid waiting for someone to post because it's their turn. To avoid confusion talking to each other OOC or IC helps so you aren't attacking someone who just got clobbered by a teammate. Also to speed things up I'll be posting your opponents' Parry and Dodge so when your character attacks you will know if they succeeded. And again I'm hoping to post combat mapping to avoid confusion (probably on the OOC thread). 

PC-vs.-PC combat: this should never happen unless the players involved have agreed to have some fun with a (hopefully) short battle. There's a few of your villains that have area-based abilities that could harm teammates so be aware of that and make sure you let the group know what to expect. If a player doesn't want to be attacked or affected by your villain please do not do it. This is a cooperative activity not competitive. Thanks.

Planning: we don't always agree this is why COMPROMISE is important unless the plan entails doing things your villain just wouldn't do. In that case changing the plan works in the best interest of the group. Remember "Teamwork makes the dream work" 😁 Now sometimes it's a hard "NO!": Han Solo was NOT attacking the Death Star so he took his money and left. Thorin was determined to fight Thranduil and the others rather than share any of his treasure. But in the end when his teammates needed him most the stubborn hero suddenly appears to aid his allies. Yay! What I mean is try to make your plan work even when it doesn't. 

Finally I make mistakes. Please let me know when I do so I can correct myself. Communication is key. The IC thread begins with a brief open and then your characters begin their first day at Gaddis with your posts. Remember if you have questions or comments please post them.

9 minutes ago, Conaldar said:

Remember if you have questions or comments please post them.

I still like the idea of Herbert turning himself in for what he believes to be justifiable self-defense and then getting railroaded into a huge trial. Still waiting on some answers about the arrest process before I rewrite the story though.

16 hours ago, cbenny said:

I'm going to have to change Herbert's backstory a bit and I do have some questions about the arresting process.

1. Was whatever stripped our character's Powers used during the initial arrest and subsequent trials/appeals/etc? Or was waking up in the prison after being sentenced the first time our characters experienced not having Powers?

2. Was the existence of the Gaddis Prison and the ability to strip Powers known to the general public prior to us being thrown in there? Or are we being used as a 'first trial' of a new prison?

3. Were our characters all sentenced in the same trial for one crime they worked on together? Or were we arrested for seven separate crimes? 

As for a plan, depending on how long the escape takes I'm pretty sure that Herbert is going to be faking the gradual onset of Aphasia as a result of being stripped of his powers, but that's just going to be a long con to try to trick them into letting him access his powers for a limited time every once and a while to "defrag his brain". Looks like Hecate, Vesanius and Herbert are the only ones with ranks in Deception, which does allow for InnuendoYou can use Deception to send covert messages using word-play and double-meanings while apparently talking about other things. The DC for a basic message is 10. Complex messages or messages trying to communicate new information have DCs of 15 or 20, respectively. The recipient of the message must make a Insight check against the same DC to understand it.. Unfortunately the only ones with ranks in Insight which allows them to understand hidden messages are Herbert, Scylla and Siren.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

Are you sure? I certainly don’t want PLAYERS fighting, we should be building agreement on what makes a fun game. But I’m completely fine with CHARACTERS fighting, and none of us are -that- fragile. I imagine kids fighting in the back seat every once in a while. 

54 minutes ago, DecoyGirl said:

I feel like Scylla is gonna be the freaking out one. Definitely the violent outburst one.

>_> and she's in my cell...

I think Siren might have been beaten by a good ol' fashion dogpiling bash-fest. She's a tough girl, she can take a walloping from several paragons and energy blasters wailing on her. Maybe some cool, epic, leaves-a-neighbourhood-a-smoking-crater fight where at the end of it an air strike and missiles to the face finally knocked her out. Then to keep her from waking up an d mind controlling everyone again, slap on a custom made eye-patch that gets brain-numbing chemicals into the bloodstream to dull her down so she's a manageable prisoner.

Siren will be taking enclosure relatively okay. It'll be a big change for her hearing everyones thoughts around her to now hearing...nothing. She'll feel like her senses have been numbed, like she's reaching for something that's forever just at the tip of her fingers. 

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)

Hmm, I think the best way to overpower Hecate is to negate her magic. It seems otherwise difficult to catch somebody who can teleport half a mile (or 40) away in an instant.

Initially, not being powered will be fine. The hunger's less present, but the lack of magic would slowly build into her feeling withdrawal. Also, she'll hate the feeling of actual clothes on her skin, and not just magical shadows.

34 minutes ago, cbenny said:

As for a plan, depending on how long the escape takes I'm pretty sure that Herbert is going to be faking the gradual onset of Aphasia as a result of being stripped of his powers, but that's just going to be a long con to try to trick them into letting him access his powers for a limited time every once and a while to "defrag his brain". Looks like Hecate, Vesanius and Herbert are the only ones with ranks in Deception, which does allow for InnuendoYou can use Deception to send covert messages using word-play and double-meanings while apparently talking about other things. The DC for a basic message is 10. Complex messages or messages trying to communicate new information have DCs of 15 or 20, respectively. The recipient of the message must make a Insight check against the same DC to understand it.. Unfortunately the only ones with ranks in Insight which allows them to understand hidden messages are Herbert, Scylla and Siren.

Hmm, if we want to use this, I can make a couple last minute adjustments?

We can try and find out how the prison suppresses powers and find a means around it.

Alternatively we can try and hack/take over the guard bots. We could wheel and deal with other prisoners, even corrupt guards to get a cell phone smuggled in, with which we can try to hack a bot from a distance.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Are you sure? I certainly don’t want PLAYERS fighting, we should be building agreement on what makes a fun game. But I’m completely fine with CHARACTERS fighting, and none of us are -that- fragile. I imagine kids fighting in the back seat every once in a while. 

As a player I'm okay with the occasional scuffle. However, Herbert takes a very pragmatic approach to fighting. He avoids fighting whenever possible, but if he does fight he fights to win. He doesn't do it to show off or to prove himself. All his damage dealing powers are 'insidious', meaning that his opponents often don't realize how much they've been hurt until they're down.

1 hour ago, Oceane said:

Hmm, if we want to use this, I can make a couple last minute adjustments?

Could be useful, but I don't think it's really necessary. I'm sure everyone has their own plans on how best to break out and someone will come up with something that works. Worst case scenario our characters could just 'Wait ten years' and then they'll be let out.

54 minutes ago, Bananaphone said:

We can try and find out how the prison suppresses powers and find a means around it.

Alternatively we can try and hack/take over the guard bots. We could wheel and deal with other prisoners, even corrupt guards to get a cell phone smuggled in, with which we can try to hack a bot from a distance.

Finding out more information is always a good first step. Unfortunately nobody has any ranks in 'Investigation', but Siren, Herbert and Scylla each have ranks in Intellect and the 'Jack-Of-All-Trades' advantage so they use it untrained.

Hacking/Taking over the guard bots would probably be 'Technology' and Herbert, Mammoth, Siren and Dice each have ranks in it. That's definitely an avenue that Herbert will be exploring.

Wheeling and dealing, or convincing the guards to help would probably be 'Persuasion' which Mammoth and Siren have ranks in, but I got the impression that there weren't many human guards. Maybe they could try to convince Warden MacAllister of something?

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

Hey, has anyone ever read 'Prison Ship' by Martin Caidin? Terrible book, I wouldn't recommend it if you hadn't, but the premise was interesting. In a nutshell a group of prisoners took over a prison and managed to make it appear to the outside world as if everything was running smoothly. Then using alien technology they tried to take over the world using the prison as a base of operations.

Any plan our characters come up with to escape is probably going to involve finding a way to subvert whatever is being used to take away our powers and gaining access to the security systems. Our team already has a mind-controller, an illusionist, someone who can harness luck, and someone whose mind is the internet. Between them they could probably make it seem like the prison is still operational. Instead of escaping, why not use Gaddis as the headquarters of the Insurgency? Nobody will be looking for us as long as they think we're all still safely locked away, and we will have easy access to potential supervillain recruits whenever they send in another one for processing.

solo.jpg.2b3b28050782d5aa66981496c75d4972.jpg

4 hours ago, cbenny said:

I still like the idea of Herbert turning himself in for what he believes to be justifiable self-defense and then getting railroaded into a huge trial. Still waiting on some answers about the arrest process before I rewrite the story though.

1. AEGIS used the standard Nullifier-cuff to negate your powers during your arrest, initial imprisonment and court appearances. The team didn't have their powers then so it's been about a year since any of the villains have used their capabilities. 

2. Super-Prisons like Blackstone negate superpowers using Nullifier devices primarily. What's going at at Gaddis is different.

3. The villains were arrested as a team by AEGIS and the Freedom League. They were then tried for multiple crimes your group had committed over the years but were never arrested for. If you need an exact location for the arrest let's say Freedom City.

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

As long as you aren't fighting me we're good 😊