SIDE:merging ship defeating logic

wrathgon

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel slaps Jake on the shoulder leaving his hand there and his friend soon feels the rhythmic pressing of Sam's small finger impossible to notice by anyone else how minute it was. After a brief confusion, Jake realizes it's a basic Morse code. Loudly Samuel says "Well congrats, looking forward to eat, I mean meet your wife." Sam quirks the mouth on Jake's side flashing his fang in half smile.

Then he listens to Enoch naturally accepting what he says without question since his knowledge on the matter eclipsed his. When he was done Samuel asked "Would be possible to use logic based on the amount of nanites he's using? Construct the string of questions that would convince it that finding enough raw fuel for nanites would become increasingly hard until it is impossible and optimization of its last conclusion might be necessary?"

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpgWhen Sam tapped out his message he did not let any reaction show on his face but he did cough slightly.

He listens to the exchange between Sam and Enoch and decided to interject his own question into the mix. "So do you have any idea how much you are going to be able to play around with the AI to figure this out without it throwing up red flags and locking you out from doing anything else?"

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)

spacer.png

Prax's mind shifted away from petty thoughts as she continued her conversation with Jake. She offered a subtle smile as she listened to the man's self-deprecating analysis. In retrospect, his presentation had been more graphic, and she now suspected it was due to nervousness. There was a hint of amusement in her tone when she replied, "You certainly had your own... unique style." Her tone shifted to one of curiosity as she inquired, "I assume we've left such simulated adversaries behind. Being confined to the digital realm and bereft of physical presence." Then, concern flashed across her face as she asked, "Or do you suspect them among us survivors?" She'd had her own detractors within the confines of the simulation. None rose to the level of animosity that those Trolls held for Jake. Not even Elara's loudest critics had gone that far.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpgJake chuckles at her polite assessment of his speaking ability. "Well unique style certainly sounds nicer than you should give up your speaking career and stick to what you know" he gives her a thoughtful look as he ponders her further question "I do not understand all of the intricacies of the Sim so I do not know if the two Troll leaders that I shamed in that first battle and who later showed that they had sworn a blood oath to destroy me through their continued actions to harm me.through the years was just a simulation or if they in fact are real individuals who will exist in this world as well. As a tactician I must assume the worse and plan for it so that I am not taken unaware, otherwise I will not be prepared to protect myself and others from the harm they may cause. As Sun Tzu once said "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" even as he quoted it he realized that she would not even know who Sun Tzu was or the fact he wrote a famous book on earth called the Art of War.

Farhvan.jpg.9e42a5d6cd2208109482a6f84ff41a25.jpg Farhvan watched the back and forth, a small smile forming on his lips as the banter reminded him of older times. He also seemed to relax a bit when Zora made the limited nature of the AI apparent. "That makes more sense,". He glanced around, noting that they weren't alone. "Growing up folks would call something like that a "virtual intelligence' instead to a make the distinction clearer. In any case, I'm a medical professional, not a logician so I can only help so much but I think the gradual substitution could work, but it depends on how strict the intelligence is."

OOC/Mechanics

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel glances toward Rina her annoyance about the Army has not escaped him, but it did intrigue him, but that could wait. "We were in Simulation for a very long time, for those who haven't argued in any way to stave off aging or augmented too much to the point of being hard to recognize. Would be perfect Trojan Horses to both escape and infiltrate. Personally, I need to have a few words with Captain about such thing in general, there are some...loose ends."

"So yes, strictly tactically speaking I think we were both followed in simulation and followed back, but not necessarily as the same person, or group of persons. While I find it remarkable how Jake manages to center this conspiracy about himself, and, I'll personally apologize if I have to extract a sharpened lollipop from one Of Troll Chiftians posing as a little girl, I fear that the issue is at a larger level than that."

Hearing Farhvan Sam raises eyebrows "Colleague MD? Which graduation year? I had some issues and finished all possible programs until I got in. I basically had Bachelor, Master, Doctorate and Degree in Biology before reaching that Hallow Halls I was... 34 I think, at the beginning of my first term just for all to end in 2 years and get shipped to Marine Academy." He gives biter a chuckle "Well, when I put it like that it is no big miracle we missed each other. At least I graduated with honors at both places or I'd really wonder why for 35 years I wanted to reach that place. Anyway, we'll likely share a lab, looking forward to it."

He goes with his hand through his unruly hair and looks at Zora "I think allowing Enoch, under supervision in case something goes wrong, to start, at least preliminary work so we have a better understanding of what we're dealing with would be decent first steps. I know considering we just did almost 40 years somewhere else, no one is looking forward to 40 more here, but we have to make a first step, and Enoch is best suited for the job per his own words. Farhvan and I can come and take his vitals every 2 hours while he is dealing with the...how was it Farhvan "Virtual intelligence", VI instead of AI, people like to poke the bear and then wonder why they miss half the face."

He looks at everyone in the room "While there is a significant amount of us here, I'd like to bring up two issues that might become problems long before 40 years. Before I came here I took a brief inventory. We are good when it comes to most critical medicine and equipment and what we don't have there are enough raw materials we can synthesize what we lack. The lab is a state-of-the-art AI or VI it kept it not only in working condition but at the cutting edge of science. Some of the equipment for medicine synthesization is better than my former employer in sim [Name of one of Big Three names in medicine creation similar like in real world there is a tight market with only several really large companies]. The issue comes on a small level I have one needler and saw 3 more down there. The same issue is with darts. We have a supply for sat 2 years no more. The ship that keeps the lab state-of-the-art, should be able to do the same for these basic elements it just...didn't. While not ideal, needlers we can sterilize and ration per Doctors but I wouldn't advise the same with darts. We need to find a new procurement chain in place that is on Enoch's back too. To convince the computer we need basic medical necessities, not just state-of-the-art stuff. Big deal if we can predict a tumor 6 months before the first mutated cell division if we don't have darts to administer localized cell division inhibitors. Also 2 years is a VERY optimistic, simple outbreak of flu can cut that for 6 months. And there is no way to prevent outbreak of every disease under sun. In this case metaphorically speaking."

"On a less serious note, I noticed some less serious issues likely caused by long stay in the sim. Like insomnia, headaches, flashes of hallucinations from the sim, and stuff like that, I synthesized enough of what I imaginatively called "Wake Up Juice" Give me a break I was awake like an hour at a time. It's nothing heavy duty, mild anti-anxiety serum, even milder sedative, and niacin, that all from drugs except food replacement. because of our dart issue instead of the vaccine I made one you orally ingest, we have strawberries flavor and lemon at the time. I placed enough for us in the room and the remains of the essential crew. It's a voluntary base only. Come by the lab and Farhvan, I, or any other doctor or nurse will give you 7 small plastic bottles, you take them about an hour before you plan to sleep. A week should be enough for your body to naturally flush anything from the Sim and chemicals should help you get into a circadian rhythm here without the sun. By the end of the week, there should be enough for everyone." Samuel looks at Farhvan "Completed ones are in the same cabinet as anesthesia they are grey plastic bottle with while label, last batch is still in centrifuge."

spacer.png

Prax's contemplation of preemptive philosophy and conspiratorial perceptions led her into deep thought. However, her mental gears ground to a halt as she encountered unfamiliar names and references. Her eyes briefly lost focus before she blinked twice and brought her attention back. Her words were hesitant as she repeated, "Sun Tzu...? I don't recall that name." She didn't express her other train of thought, the recurring mention of 'Captain,' but it was on her mind.

Her eyes darted around the room, considering the possibility of infiltration, "Who could have followed us through our lengthy interment and eventual rebirth?" The furrowed brow indicated her pondering thoughts.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel huffs "You were obsessed with his story about concubines, "waste of perfectly good chicks" I believe you called it. As your doctor, I advise you to refrain from mentioning him in front of your wife."

He looks at Rina "Knowing who would be good to know..." he glances at Zora "...I know someone with anger issues that could direct at them as to relieve them. As to why? There could be any number of reasons, we were inside for a while. Plenty of time to make enemies."

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

On 11/2/2023 at 7:56 PM, darlis moonbeam said:

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpgWhen Sam tapped out his message he did not let any reaction show on his face but he did cough slightly.

He listens to the exchange between Sam and Enoch and decided to interject his own question into the mix. "So do you have any idea how much you are going to be able to play around with the AI to figure this out without it throwing up red flags and locking you out from doing anything else?"

Large pic of Enoch

spacer.png

"I am uncertain. I'd have to test in the live environment. As for supplies. I have potent synthesis capabilities, I just need materials. It's actually something I worked on improving in the SIM, broader synthesis from universal components."

Enoch replies, ignoring the social parts of the interactions. The somewhat cold scientist stares at the newcomer for a moment and then drifts off again.

"That reminds me, I haven't done new scans of us all." He proceeds to do full analyses of the group, including the newcomer.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

So there about 4 other newcomes that will submit to the doctor scans. They ask if is there any signs of trauma from the prolong Sim or anything out of ordinary. Two are in mid transformation of elven meta human too.