SIDE:merging ship defeating logic

wrathgon

Ozen has also been listening but puts his input in

"I think we need some plan but also need someone that can think on their feet to come up with new directions if the AI shuts down all of our arguments which is possible. I am unsure how much testing we will have unless we grab an AI and do testing on some random topic."

Ozen is using his gun as a standing post, it makes a noise as he puts more weight on it, then sees a seat and takes a load off, leaving his weapon thrown on the ground at his feet.

image.png.329c2e551630308bfa79045c90403ef7.png

Prax's head tilted in curiosity at Jake's explanation but refrained from commenting further.

Concern turned to confusion, "Do you then expect the threat from without, instead of within?" Talk of the world beyond their refuge had been unflattering at best. Such a sentiment wouldn't surprise her.

An intrigued eyebrow shot up at the mention of scans. Prax hadn't been certain what to make of the individual's appearance, and a medi-core personnel had seemed an unlikely guess. With seeming politeness, she hung back, allowing others to go before her. She couldn't help but wonder how he had obtained copies of previous medical scans to compare. The expressed concerns from some of the others raised valid points she hadn't considered. Could discrepancies occur between this world and the simulated?

She watched as Samuel declined the examination, which piqued her curiosity. Regardless, she submitted herself willingly for the scan, asking when it had finished, "Anything amiss?"

Having concluded her scan, Prax turned to catch sight of the negligent way Ozen had treated his rifle. Her mouth twitched in irritation. With all the conversations going on, an outburst from her felt ill-advised. Instead, without a word, she moved near and bent to retrieve it.

Name
A
1d20+49 8
E1
1d20+54 8
E2
1d20+54 8
B
1d20+13 13

kira-mayer-3-4.jpg.8feb1d40c3e2fcc61e099a169a18de3d.jpgJake gives Prax a lop-sided grin as he answers "Oh I expect threats from everywhere. My wife is from the outside and she has already hinted that there will be some threats from that quarter, though she is working on some of that now before she comes to meet us here in about two weeks. As from internal, I am not sure I fully trust the folks who are taking leadership roles here on the island. It seems that they do not want dissention to their rule and are quietly taking steps to prevent it so we definitely need to tread softly even here." he let's that last sink in as he looks around the room. Giving his crew some meaningful looks.

As Enoch comes around scanning folks he chuckles as he speaks "The military did not give me any anal probes, but they did give me a lot of shots every time I turned around to immunize me from something or other. Did they slip anything bad in there while they were at it?" While he did not really want to think they would do that, he was also not willing to trust them explicitly either.

Jake gives Prax a suspicious look as she is scanned by Enoch.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Sense motive
1d20+20 12

Farhvan considered the plan such that it was. "I'm thinking between us we might be able to make a program close enough to test with. As you said it's not a real artificial intelligence and I'm guessing we have enough cyb skills as a group to do a decent job." As someone who frequently did the scanning, Farhvan had no issue with letting Enoch handle it this time around and he made a note to compare scans he had done on some of the ailing Vaulters.

OOC/Mechanics

Name
Sense Motive
1d20+8 20

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel shrugs "As I said that is not my field of expertise, I might grab some necessities from the lab and go out to find a clinic and offer my services I bet they need any kind of doctor right now. I'll do basic physician work and talk with patients and other doctors. If my Main nurse Anna-Maria is also out I'll take her with me. She's good with people and could get some info from younger nurses. We've been together for 40 years in SiM."

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
Sense Motive
1d20+23 7

spacer.png

Old survival instincts die hard, so when Prax heard the occupational title bounty hunter, a tension took up residence in her shoulders. In the midst of inspecting the errant rifle, she turned her body to show she wasn't ignoring the man. In practiced efficiency, she kicked the magazine out, handed it to Deacan with a nod, and then checked for a chambered round, finding none. With a professional eye, she looked the arms over for signs that maintenance had been neglected, a low, thoughtful sound coming from her as she worked. [Unspecified status] Her words to Ozen had an authoritative edge as she handed the rifle to them, "Treat your gear with the care it deserves, or a more disciplined owner may take it from you." It was not a threat she levied his way but a doctrine she fostered among those who served under and with her.

The time Prax had delayed with the rifle had been enough to ease her hackles down by the time she turned to properly address Deacon. Her speech had professionalism, but there seemed like a lack of passion to it, "Star Admiral Rina." An audible exhale came from her before she continued, "For all that it matters, now." She then proceeded to shake his ammunition-filled hand. It was hard to shake the daily reminder of their lack of naval assets. If they were going to be limited to their personal ones, she would have to resign herself to something lesser than she was used to commanding. If any at all.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel pulls out his needler and starts emptying it, "Always good policy I filled this crap with things that really should not go together since I did not know what I will find." then checks the medicine in his hand and returns just one cartridge back in the needle and other in the pocket.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel checks is needler properly calibrated before placing it away "Well, as mentioned I'll be in one of the outside clinics." Samuel nods to Jake and leaves Picking up basics and gathering basic medical supplies. While doing the usual doctor stuff he managed to collect enough blood samples for "testing" to have a hygienic way of "pick me up" aware he needed a more permanent solution.

In brief pauses, he was getting to know colleague's doctors, and while working he was doing bedside manner talk with patients trying to get as much info as possible about the current situation.

Name
Diplomacy (small talk trying to get a feeler on general situation)
1d20+13 18
Bluff (gossip and engaging in conversations acting as he knows more than he do
1d20+19 5
Perception (Looking around for any information)
1d20+23 14

Farhvan.jpg.903394c5708078c1cf8ad7650b7422d3.jpg Farhvan's faced ticked as if he just had just remembered something, but he simply shook his head. "Seems like nearly everyone ended up doing some martial service in the SIM. Wasn't for me though, I had quite enough blood from sewing people back together once all the shooting stopped." He nodded to Samuel as the man left. "I'll probably stop by, I'd like to consult on some of those going through Meta changes."

OOC/Mechanics

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/b6/67/bcb667b1ff558edf52eb17bc78419f97.jpgSamuel has been given his 30th dose of antibiotics since he arrived at the clinic trying to stay away from the operation room in case the sight of all that blood doesn't give him... adverse effects. Removes dart and nods to Anne-Maria to let in the next patient. She's proven quite useful so far. Having someone to invite him in so far worked like a charm.