Season 1, Episode 2 - Getting Down And Dirty

prophane

Location: Dirty Dog Tavern, Rookroost, Bandit Kingdomsimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Date: Waterday, Fifth of Growfest (festival week)
Time: around 10:30am
Weather: Cold, 37°, cloudy skies and moderate wind from the south
Sunrise/set: just after 6am/ just before 6:30pm
Character Present: Arwi, Finn, Rindo outside in yard; Kelarith, Nessia still inside

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareThe creature, now surrounded and slowed by mounting wounds, spins and desperately slashes at Snowbelle while stepping forward, trying to get some wall behind it. The hairy giant misses its attack.

image.png.3c7b0ab2dd93d0746e2a67fa006e0690.png

OOC

New Round. PCs time to shine!

Round 8

Arwi -Waiting for new round Maneuver. Shield 2 cast by Nessia.

Finn - Waiting for new round Maneuver.

Kelarith - Waiting for new round Maneuver.

Nessia - Waiting for new round Maneuver. 1 Spell On (Shield 2 - Arwi)

Rindo - Waiting for new round Maneuver.

Snowbelle - Waiting for new round Maneuver.

The larger Goblinoid is SM 1 (+1 to hit)

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 10/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) || Shield 2 cast by Nessia

Finn HP 7/10 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 8/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) || 1 Spell On (Shield 2, Arwi)

Rindo HP 5/10 FP 9/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Snowbelle HP 15/15 FP 13/13 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (2) ||

Mister Finn Human MonkFinn.png.a93af004e76b113449eea3e8de82327b.png

HP 7/10 FP 10/10 Conditions/ Effects

The monk completes his charge as he jumps past the towering newcomer and snaps his booted foot out suddenly, slamming his heel into the hobgoblins already battered ribs.

OOC

forgot to add 1 to damage for his boots - so he does 11!

Jump Kick give +2 dmg, -2 to defense against it, requires 2 steps

Edited by Eldritch Butterfly
OOC note (see edit history)
Name
jump kick (determined)
3d6 2,1,1
damage
1d6+5 5

Kelarith, Human WarlockKelarith.png.3996b207f7fb32b22f642d997d9fd660.png

STATISTICS

ST: 9 DX: 11 IQ: 13 HT: 10 HP: 12/12 FP: 10/10

DMG: 1d-2/1d-1 BL: 16 PER: 14 Basic Speed: 5.25 Dodge:Basic Move: 5 Encumbrance: 16/32/48/96/160

Culture Familiarity:  Bandit Kingdoms Languages (Spoken): Common (Native), Suloise (Broken) Languages (Written): Common, Suloise (semi-literate)

Advantages: Blessed, Doesn't Sleep, Magery 0, Night Vision 2, Ritual Adept (Space), Ritual Adept (Time) Amulet

Disadvantages: Lame Hand, Secret, Skinny, Vow

Quirks: Dislikes Bright Light, Minor Addiction, Proud, Uncongenial, Unnatural Palour

Skills: Acting 13(+0), Area Knowledge (Bandit Kingdoms) 13(+0), Crossbow 13(+2), Detect Lies 12(-1), Filch 10(-1), First Aid/TL 3 13(+0), Hidden Lore (Magic Writings) 12(-1), Hiking 9(-1), Holdout 12(-1), Meditation 11(-2), Observation 12(-1), Occultism 13(+0), Riding 10(-1), Ritual Magic 16(+3), Scrounging 13(+0), Search 12(-1), Stealth 11(+0), Survival (Plains) 12(-1)

Kelarith steps through the doorway to get a clearer line of sight, and aims his second crossbow pistol at the goblinoid, thinking 'oh, look at that, they made a nice space for you. Please do try not to waste the opportunity again,' an acerbic whine in his inner voice.

OOC

Step to the south east, there, just through the doorway, and Aim.

•  

Arwi.png.1678089cd4878541acd4a62ed28aa23a.pngArwi Saen Half-Elf Mercenary

HP: 12/12|| FP: 10/12|| Conditions/Effects: 

After seeing their new ally stab the Hobgoblin in the neck, Arwi again attacked with his 1-2 combo in hopes of finishing the fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOCContent...Arwi attacked with his falchion and long knife again. Swinging the falchion and stabbing with the long knife.

Cutting and impaling damage respectively.

Falchion - 14 +1 SM1 = 15

LongKnife - 13+1 SM1 -3 targeting vitals = 11

Name
Attack Falchion - 15
3d6 3,2,6
damage 1d+3 (cuting)
1d6+3 5
longknife (vitals) - 11
3d6 6,1,4
possible damage 1d-1 Imp
1d6-1 2

Location: Dirty Dog Tavern, Rookroost, Bandit Kingdomsimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Character Present: All outside in yard

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareFinn's kick sends the creature to its knees and Arwi's blades sends it the rest of the way to the ground. It shudders once in a pool of its own blood then stops moving for good.

As everyone takes a quick moment to catch their breath, eyes turn to the two newcomer. The dark and attractive human male and the stunning, 7-foot-tall, blue-skinned, Fae-blood female.

OOC

Deducted FP from everyone for the combat. It's 1 + your ENC level.

@Morphling and @terminaldragon feel free to introduce yourselve's

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 8/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) || Shield 2 cast by Nessia

Finn HP 7/10 FP 9/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 8/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 6/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) || 1 Spell On (Shield 2, Arwi)

Rindo HP 5/10 FP 8/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Snowbelle HP 15/15 FP 10/13 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (2) ||

Rindo Blacksmith Human Adventurerimage.png.240a09ef516c513039624c94fa674435.png

HP 5/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

Rindo collects the ring and wipes it off on his cloak shaking his head before giving a calming pat to the horse. "Now that was all just completely unnecessary but exciting non the less." Rindo walks over to the merchant, noticing she is a bit worse for wear and takes a look around at who is standing here. "Well this certainly won't do. I don't suppose any one here happens to know the healing arts of any kind would they? Otherwise we may want to seek a professional if any such individual services may be acquired here?"

Edited by terminaldragon (see edit history)

Kelarith, Human WarlockKelarith.png.3996b207f7fb32b22f642d997d9fd660.png

STATISTICS

ST: 9 DX: 11 IQ: 13 HT: 10 HP: 12/12 FP: 10/10

DMG: 1d-2/1d-1 BL: 16 PER: 14 Basic Speed: 5.25 Dodge:Basic Move: 5 Encumbrance: 16/32/48/96/160

Culture Familiarity:  Bandit Kingdoms Languages (Spoken): Common (Native), Suloise (Broken) Languages (Written): Common, Suloise (semi-literate)

Advantages: Blessed, Doesn't Sleep, Magery 0, Night Vision 2, Ritual Adept (Space), Ritual Adept (Time) Amulet

Disadvantages: Lame Hand, Secret, Skinny, Vow

Quirks: Dislikes Bright Light, Minor Addiction, Proud, Uncongenial, Unnatural Palour

Skills: Acting 13(+0), Area Knowledge (Bandit Kingdoms) 13(+0), Crossbow 13(+2), Detect Lies 12(-1), Filch 10(-1), First Aid/TL 3 13(+0), Hidden Lore (Magic Writings) 12(-1), Hiking 9(-1), Holdout 12(-1), Meditation 11(-2), Observation 12(-1), Occultism 13(+0), Riding 10(-1), Ritual Magic 16(+3), Scrounging 13(+0), Search 12(-1), Stealth 11(+0), Survival (Plains) 12(-1)

Kelarith stows his unspent crossbow pistol and bends to pick up the one he discarded, his inner voice chastising him all the while, 'How powerful and clever you are, fumbling like a coward while strangers do your job.'

"Let's stop the bleeding and get her somewhere private before anything else. Healers in this town are going to be rare and expensive."

OOC

Rindo Blacksmith Human Adventurerimage.png.240a09ef516c513039624c94fa674435.png

HP 5/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

Rindo nods in agreement. "I agree we should stop the bleeding however I feel the racket here will draw further unwanted attention, if we can get over to the drunken dragon which should not be too far from here, we can wait for some of the chaos to die down. I for one do no want to wait for the goblins or whoever sent them to regroup and come back on us. As for her wounds, do any of you know how to dress them for I do not."

Snowbelle Skysdottr Nymph BarbarianSnowbelletoken.png.79d5cc56937f39d67900f81eabbd4cd2.png

HP 15/15 FP 9/13 Conditions/ Effects

Snowbelle shakes her head solemnly, stepping up to the wounded merchant. "I am sorry, I have no experience in this. I will carry her, where should we take her?"

Character Present: Warehouse area behind The Dirty Dog Tavern

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareSylvia, Elf Barmaid at the Dirty DogAs the dust settles out in the yard, a voice calls out from behind Kelarith, "By the many branches of Rillifane Rallathil, what is going on out here? Oh my, Gummy, get out here!" Kelarith sees a beautiful Elvish woman slip past him. He recalls seeing her serving drinks inside the Dirty Dog just a few moments ago. She bursts out into the yard shaking her head back and forth, "Oh no, this will not do at all, no, no. Oh, goodness, is that Amira? She is hurt, GUMMY, get out here!" Kelarith hears a grunt and is pushed aside by the dirty Half-Orc bouncer that had been sitting just inside the door to the tavern.

"Arrgh, what's this? Varag in the yard? It's dead, right?" He says, looking at Arwi as he wipes the creature's blood from his blades. "Oh Gummy, Half Orc Bouncer at the Dirty Dogno, Amira hurt?" The Half-Orc helps Snowbelle retrieve Amira's body, though the Nymph doesn't really need help. For a dirty, hulking Half-Orc, he handles Amira very gently and has a genuine look of concern on his face.

The barmaid, who introduces herself as Sylvia, directs the group to the warehouse area. "Where is Dani?" she asks, though no one knows who Dani might be. Seeing their looks of confusion, she elaborates, "Dani's the stableboy, Human boy, mid-teens, dark, messy hair, about this high," she says holding a hand out indicating he is about 5 and a half feet tall. She cries out again as she enters the warehouse area, "Dani!"

As everyone moves toward the warehouse area, they see the stableboy laying on the ground, a pool of blood around his head. As Sylvia kneels Dani, Human Stableboy at the Dirty Dogdown, she exhales loudly, "He's alive, but hurt bad. Are any of you Healers? Clerics? Please, your secret is safe with me. Does anyone have any Healing Potions?" She gently moves him and brushes his bloody hair from his face. It appears that one of the Goblins hit him hard over the back of the head.

Kelarith and the newcomer, Rindo, both move further into the warehouse area, finding darker, shadow-filled areas while the rest look over the two wounded folk.

image.png.8656b6c605733e2590486e3cff7b291b.png

OOC

What's everyone doing? Will Nessia reveal herself as a cleric of Istus? @SCARY WIZARD

Her Shield Spell on Arwi will lapse now, unless you want to spend FP to maintain it further.

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 8/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) ||

Finn HP 7/10 FP 9/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 8/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 6/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Rindo HP 5/10 FP 8/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Snowbelle HP 15/15 FP 10/13 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (2) ||

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

Mister Finn Human MonkFinn.png.a93af004e76b113449eea3e8de82327b.png

HP 7/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

Finn speaks up, "I have some basic skill, but no field dressings or other supplies. If you have material for clean bandages, I can at least keep them alive until a healer arrives."

OOC

Edited by Eldritch Butterfly (see edit history)

Arwi Saen Half-Elf Mercenary

Arwi picked up the hobgoblin's blade and spit on the mangled corpse.

"I have some bandages in my pack inside the tavern.", he replied when he heard the call for help. He ran back into the tavern to get them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)

NESSIA DESCRIPTION | THREAD

STATISTICS

ST: 10 DX: 10 IQ: 13 HT: 12 HP: 11/11 FP: 4/12

DMG: 1d+2/1d BL: 20 PER: 10 Basic Speed: 5.25 Dodge: 8 Basic Move: 5 Encumbrance: 20/40/60/120/200

Culture Familiarity: Ket (Native), Central Flanaess Languages (Spoken): Baklunish (Native), Common, Giant (Accented), Goblin (Accented), Orc (Accented) Languages (Written): Baklunish, Common

Advantages: Clerical Investment, Mind Control (Emotion Only), Power Investiture 3

Disadvantages: Discipline of Faith (Ritualism), Klutz, Odious Personal Habit (Finds Omens ALL OVER), Reduced Basic Speed (0.25), Sense of Duty (Large: Istus' Faithful)

Quirks: Broad-Minded, Careful, Minor Handicap (Sacroiliitis), Vow (Pay 10% of Income to Religious Affiliation)

Skills: Body Language 9, Brawling 10, Diplomacy 11, First Aid (TL 3) 13, Fishing 10, Fortune-Telling 13, Hiking 11, History 13, Knife 10, Meditation 11, Observation 10, Occultism 13, Religious Ritual 13, Staff 10, Survival (Plains) 9, Thrown Weapon 11

Spells: Analyze Magic 14, Armor 14, Aura 14, Awaken 14, Darkness 14, Death Vision 14, Foolishness 14, Forgetfulness 14, Identify Spell 14, Lend Energy 14, Lend Vitality 14, Light 14, Minor Healing 14, Recover Energy 14, Sense Spirit 14, Shield 14

Nessia let her staff down after the altercation had ended, and took stock of the damage... She was alright.  A little winded, and that godsforsaken joint of hers was... well, it was what it was... but, there were some among her own hurt!  And, some strangers that appeared to be friend.

Nessia steps forward when all are inside. After a pause, she speaks. "I have been trained in the healing arts, and once or twice in mystical practices -- enough that I ought to be able to mend Amira's wounds, either way." She looks the woman's injuries over, just to remind herself of the severity of the situation... "I can show you all how to mend a cut with bandages some other day, though. For now..." Hopefully, any reservations that she might show are easy enough to mistake for just a general anxiety over treating injuries, and not... well...

To the Hells with it. This woman would die soon if Nessia did not act.

And, act Nessia does. With a sigh, whispered words of power, and a channelling of positive energy, she places her hands on poor Amira's injuries...

Out of Character - Actions

I am erring on the side of caution, my good Game Master and fellow adventurers! Nessia is posing as one of those AD&D2E Mystics.

Discontinuing shield.

Casting minor healing.

Name
Nessia - Minor Healing (Amira)
3d6 5,1,6

Snowbelle Skysdottr Nymph BarbarianSnowbelletoken.png.79d5cc56937f39d67900f81eabbd4cd2.png

HP 15/15 FP 9/13 Conditions/ Effects

Snowbelle is stoic and perhaps even sorrowful as she gently lifts Amira, and with the half-orcs unnecessary help, brings her to the stables. She shakes her head slowly as she retreats her massive frame and regards the terrible injuries.

But when Nessia uses her magic, Snowbelle's face lights up like a child entering a toy store for the first time. "Ooh! You heal with your hands!" She rushes forward to inspect the fading injury, looking absolutely delighted. "Can I see one more time?" Seeming to remember herself, she steps back and clears her throat. "I am Snowbelle Skysdottr, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet such distinguished individuals in this town. If anyone has but a moment, could you tell me who you are and how that nasty fight came to be?"

Arwi.png.1678089cd4878541acd4a62ed28aa23a.pngArwi Saen Half-Elf Mercenary

Arwi soon returned with some bandages for Amira's injuries. He took one and handed the rest to Nessia as he began to wrap one of Amira's arms.

"Here. Take these bandages and bind Amira's wounds.", he told Nessia with a wink attempting to give her her some cover for her magic.