Season 1, Episode 2 - Getting Down And Dirty

prophane

Location: Warehouse area behind the Dirty Dog Tavern, Rookroost, Bandit Kingdomsimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Date: Waterday, Fifth of Growfest (festival week)
Time: around 10:45am
Weather: Cold, 37°, cloudy skies and moderate wind from the south
Sunrise/set: just after 6am/ just before 6:30pm
Character Present: Arwi, Finn, Kelarith, Nessia, Rindo, Snowbelle

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareWith Nessia' s magic healing and the bandages Arwi supplies, Amira regains consciousness. She motions to her wagon and says weakly, "Potions, under the seat, hidden, wiggle the brace."

Hearing this, Gummy, the Half-Orc bouncer bounds over to her wagon and starts fiddling under the seat. Meanwhile, Sylvia the Elvish barmaid had turned her attention to the unconscious and injured stable boy, Dani.

"So, what? Goblins ambushed you back here? Boss ain't gonna like this, you know who they were, by chance?" she asks. Looking around at the new faces she shrugs, "probably not, I take it."

Gummy gets back with two healing potions. One he hands to Amira, the other he passes to Sylvia, who then begins pouring it down Dani's throat. He coughs and shudders a bit but it's still quite unconscious.

Amira downs the healing draught and forces a weak smile, "Well, once again you all come to my rescue. Definitely made the right choice hiring you on." She turns and sees Snowbelle towering over her, the confident and well- spoken merchant stutters a greeting, "Um.. uh... h... h.... hello." She also catches Rindo's eye and looks at him sharply.

(Sylvia, Gummy, Dani - Dirty Dog staff)
Sylvia, Elf Barmaid at the Dirty Dog Gummy, Half Orc Bouncer at the Dirty DogDani, Human Stableboy at the Dirty Dog

image.png.8656b6c605733e2590486e3cff7b291b.png

OOC

It is evident that Finn and Rindo were both injured during the battle.

@SCARY WIZARD - when casting a spell, please make sure you let me know what level of effect you're going for and how much FP it's costing you. I'm guessing you healed 2HP at a cost of 2FP.

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 8/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) ||

Finn HP 7/10 FP 9/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 8/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 4/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Rindo HP 5/10 FP 8/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Snowbelle HP 15/15 FP 10/13 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (2) ||

Snowbelle Skysdottr Nymph BarbarianSnowbelletoken.png.79d5cc56937f39d67900f81eabbd4cd2.png

HP 15/15 FP 9/13 Conditions/ Effects

Snowbelle smiles brightly at Amira and waves. "Hello dear. I am Snowbelle. I am so happy to see your eyes open. Don't bleed out please, if you can help it." She seems to think about the situation for a moment and then proceeds. "I know this is probably the wrong time to ask, but do you by any chance need one more guard? I helped in the battle, could probably hmm... how you say? Make you get into fights less often. I have my own gear and provisions, won't ask for much compensation. Uhh... think about it please? In the meantime, get some rest." She steps back to give Amira some space.

Kelarith, Human WarlockKelarith.png.3996b207f7fb32b22f642d997d9fd660.png

STATISTICS

ST: 9 DX: 11 IQ: 13 HT: 10 HP: 12/12 FP: 10/10

DMG: 1d-2/1d-1 BL: 16 PER: 14 Basic Speed: 5.25 Dodge:Basic Move: 5 Encumbrance: 16/32/48/96/160

Culture Familiarity:  Bandit Kingdoms Languages (Spoken): Common (Native), Suloise (Broken) Languages (Written): Common, Suloise (semi-literate)

Advantages: Blessed, Doesn't Sleep, Magery 0, Night Vision 2, Ritual Adept (Space), Ritual Adept (Time) Amulet

Disadvantages: Lame Hand, Secret, Skinny, Vow

Quirks: Dislikes Bright Light, Minor Addiction, Proud, Uncongenial, Unnatural Palour

Skills: Acting 13(+0), Area Knowledge (Bandit Kingdoms) 13(+0), Crossbow 13(+2), Detect Lies 12(-1), Filch 10(-1), First Aid/TL 3 13(+0), Hidden Lore (Magic Writings) 12(-1), Hiking 9(-1), Holdout 12(-1), Meditation 11(-2), Observation 12(-1), Occultism 13(+0), Riding 10(-1), Ritual Magic 16(+3), Scrounging 13(+0), Search 12(-1), Stealth 11(+0), Survival (Plains) 12(-1)

Kelarith waves his good hand at Arwi, "Pass some of those bandages along and I will assist with tending to the injured." He gives Finn and Rindo a looking over. "The The both of you are in need of tending, lest you get an infection."

"The rest of us should probably be keeping an eye on our employer's merchandise. No?"

'Do at least find some way to appear useful, you wretch.' his inner voice chides, 'But don't take too long, those corpses might be useful later, if you can get some time alone with them.'

OOC

Name
First Aid
3d6 5,4,1

Mister Finn Human MonkFinn.png.a93af004e76b113449eea3e8de82327b.png

HP 7/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

Finn opens his jacket and raises his tunic, revealing an ugly, morning-star sized bruise already turning purple. With a slight grimace he replies, "Infection's not a problem, but it's really difficult to wrap your own ribs properly. I felt a couple of them snap under the impact."

OOC

Edited by Eldritch Butterfly
correcting FP (see edit history)

Rindo Blacksmith Human Adventurerimage.png.240a09ef516c513039624c94fa674435.png

HP 5/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

Now that the adrenaline is starting to wear off Rindo seems to be breathing a little heavier and takes stock of his own injury putting a hand over where the flail did a number on his own ribcage. "Pretty sure those goblins are part of the Alley Nibblers, a small time goblin gang around here. However they are more known for small time thefts then straight up ambushes like this. *cough cough* I still recommend getting to more secure location at our earliest convenience."

Arwi handed a bandage to Kelarith and then tended to the newcomer.

"With that hob down, I don't think the Nibblers will be bothering anyone for a little while. What's your name?", the half-elf asked.

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)
Name
First Aid - 11
3d6 3,2,4

STATISTICS

DMG: 1d-2/1d-1 BL: 16 PER: 14 Basic Speed: 5.25 Dodge:Basic Move: 5 Encumbrance: 16/32/48/96/160

Culture Familiarity:  Bandit Kingdoms Languages (Spoken): Common (Native), Suloise (Broken) Languages (Written): Common, Suloise (semi-literate)

Advantages: Blessed, Doesn't Sleep, Magery 0, Night Vision 2, Ritual Adept (Space), Ritual Adept (Time) Amulet

Quirks: Dislikes Bright Light, Minor Addiction, Proud, Uncongenial, Unnatural Palour

Skills: Acting 13(+0), Area Knowledge (Bandit Kingdoms) 13(+0), Crossbow 13(+2), Detect Lies 12(-1), Filch 10(-1), First Aid/TL 3 13(+0), Hidden Lore (Magic Writings) 12(-1), Hiking 9(-1), Holdout 12(-1), Meditation 11(-2), Observation 12(-1), Occultism 13(+0), Riding 10(-1), Ritual Magic 16(+3), Scrounging 13(+0), Search 12(-1), Stealth 11(+0), Survival (Plains) 12(-1)

Kelarith tends to Finn, "Do we have any indication why these 'Nibblers' might have acted so much more boldly than is their normal habit? Have any of us made an enemy of them in the past?"

OOC

GM NOTE: GM edited this post to show that Kelarith was performing First Aid on Finn.

Edited by prophane (see edit history)
Name
First Aid - 13
3d6 5,2,1

Posted (edited)

Location: Warehouse area behind the Dirty Dog Tavern, Rookroost, Bandit Kingdomsimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Time: around 11:00am

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareGummy, Half Orc Bouncer at the Dirty DogAs the first aid begins to happen, Sylvia closes the warehouse doors to give the group a bit more privacy.

"I gotta get back inside, so do you," the Half-Orc Gummy says to Sylvia. "I'll send someone out that can help a bit more with the healing, someone in there's gotta have something that'll help."

"What if we take 'em in to the private dining room, no one is using that right now," Sylvia suggests.

Sylvia, Elf Barmaid at the Dirty DogGummy scowls at her and shakes his head, "Your choice, the boss won't like that much, but it makes sense, I'm goin' back in!" he says as he hurries through a door in the side of the warehouse that looks to lead into the stables.

Sylvia looks around at the group and at the still unconscious stableboy, Dani. she muses.image.png.007aa04b9ffcb96e3ff84aca10ea01c7.png

OOC

The First Aid being performed will take 30 minutes, so the conversation can continue while that is happening.

Character Status

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

Snowbelle Skysdottr Nymph BarbarianSnowbelletoken.png.79d5cc56937f39d67900f81eabbd4cd2.png

HP 15/15 FP 9/13 Conditions/ Effects

Snowbelle isn't used to being ignored, especially in the Bandit Kingdoms where her kind is rare. However, she doesn't find the experience to be particularly unpleasant, since much of the attention drawn to her has been licentious or exploitive in nature. She decides to take a moment to rest from the exertions of battle, sitting down on a pile of hay, evening out her breathing, and allowing her eyes to half-close.

OOCSnowbelle will take the time to rest and recover some of her FP. She should be at 9 FP out of 13 currently, she's missing 3 from the exertions of battle and another 1 from using extra effort in combat.

Rindo Blacksmith Human Adventurerimage.png.240a09ef516c513039624c94fa674435.png

HP 5/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

"The name's Rindo, fortune reader and seeker. Was hoping to acquire the services of Amira here and purchase passage with her crew on the way out of the roost."

Edited by terminaldragon (see edit history)

Time: around 11:00am

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareAmira, finally regaining her bearings, turns to Snowbelle, "My, aren't you a, um, sight. As for your question of employment, seeing as we have another client here," she motions to Rindo, "Yes, I can pay the going rate and provide provisions while on the road. We still need to get this here wagon off-loaded and looks like I'll need another ox, but we can take care of that. How is young Dani there doing?"

Sylvia shrugs. "He took a pretty good blow to the head. If you all are going to stay out here, I will run inside and see if I can find something to help him more. Just stay put, though. I guess it's ok if some of you want to start unloading the wagon while the rest of you finish up the first aid. I'll be right back." The beautiful Elvish woman hurries off through the same door the Half-Orc left by.

OOC

The First Aid being performed by Arwi and Kelarith will take 30 minutes, If Snowbelle and Nessia want to start unloading cargo, they can.

Character Status

NESSIA DESCRIPTION | THREAD

STATISTICS

ST: 10 DX: 10 IQ: 13 HT: 12 HP: 11/11 FP: 2/12

DMG: 1d+2/1d BL: 20 PER: 10 Basic Speed: 5.25 Dodge: 8 Basic Move: 5 Encumbrance: 20/40/60/120/200

Culture Familiarity: Ket (Native), Central Flanaess Languages (Spoken): Baklunish (Native), Common, Giant (Accented), Goblin (Accented), Orc (Accented) Languages (Written): Baklunish, Common

Advantages: Clerical Investment, Mind Control (Emotion Only), Power Investiture 3

Disadvantages: Discipline of Faith (Ritualism), Klutz, Odious Personal Habit (Finds Omens ALL OVER), Reduced Basic Speed (0.25), Sense of Duty (Large: Istus' Faithful)

Quirks: Broad-Minded, Careful, Minor Handicap (Sacroiliitis), Vow (Pay 10% of Income to Religious Affiliation)

Skills: Body Language 9, Brawling 10, Diplomacy 11, First Aid (TL 3) 13, Fishing 10, Fortune-Telling 13, Hiking 11, History 13, Knife 10, Meditation 11, Observation 10, Occultism 13, Religious Ritual 13, Staff 10, Survival (Plains) 9, Thrown Weapon 11

Spells: Analyze Magic 14, Armor 14, Aura 14, Awaken 14, Darkness 14, Death Vision 14, Foolishness 14, Forgetfulness 14, Identify Spell 14, Lend Energy 14, Lend Vitality 14, Light 14, Minor Healing 14, Recover Energy 14, Sense Spirit 14, Shield 14

Nessia seems to be at least somewhat reasured by her companion's reactions... older, and newer! But, she is so caught up in providing Amira with the barest minimum of healing to keep her alive - and not draw any ire, if ire might there be - that she says little to Snowbelle!

When her companions reveals proficiency in more mundane healing arts, Nessia hesitates. "If you need any of my... help, please let me know." She looks somewhat unsure of her companion's ability, but holds her tongue. This mundane healing would save her in more ways than one! It is best not to look a gift horse in the mouth. She turns to Amira. "Ah... In the meantime, I'll assist in the unloading." Then, to Snowbelle. "Well met, Snowbelle, I am called Nessia. While I learned my more mystical talents over several years, I don't see the harm in getting you started..." This last part is accompanied by a quick, friendly smile that is gone in a moment and replaced by a brief glance here and there, as if to indicate that "here" was no place to discuss things as they pertained to the priestess' skills!

Mister Finn Human MonkFinn.png.a93af004e76b113449eea3e8de82327b.png

HP 7/10 FP 9/10 Conditions/ Effects

Finn's breathing is clearly controlled as Kelarith wraps his chest, though he occasionally winces. "I'm afraid I won't be doing any loading or unloading for a while without some, uh, extraordinary additional measures. A poultice to reduce the bruising though might speed recovery a bit." He looks at the newcomers, "I'm Finn, by the way. Just wandering to see what there is to see, so I thought I'd see my birthplace. Can't say the welcome was as warm as I would have liked, but still, no worse than I expected."

OOC

Location: Private dining area inside the Dirty Dog Tavern, Rookroost, Bandit Kingdomsimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Time: around 2:00pm

HD wallpaper: cityscape, sunset, architecture, concept art, silhouette, dark  | Wallpaper FlareAs the first aid is getting wrapped up, Sylvia returns to the warehouse with one of the patrons from the Dirty Dog. They are clearly some sort of adventurer, decked out in weapons and gear all covered by a long, dark cloak. With a magic wand, the adventurer, who does not give his name, checks out each wounded person, and with a flick and swish or two, all wounds are magically healed. The quiet adventurer likewise does not ask any questions and barely makes eye contact. After all is done, Amira pays him some coin and he departs.

Sylvia takes the now healed stableboy, Dani, into the Inn to help him get cleaned up and shows the rest of the group to a private dining area in another part of the building. She brings food and drink and tells everyone they are welcome to stay for a while, at least until the dinner rush.

Gummy the Half-Orc bouncer comes in and tells Amira that all of her merchandise has been dealt with and that he is making arrangements to acquire her another ox for her wagon. They speak make some further plans.

Amira hires Snowbelle for the next leg of the journey, to the south and accepts Rindo as passenger on the trip. As it turns out, Rindo is in need of speedy and secretive exodus from the city, though he does not readily explain why. Though a respected and honest merchant most of the time, Amira is sometimes known to make such deals, smuggling people and cargo that is considered contraband by the draconian laws of Iuz and his enforcers in this occupied land.

Before further arrangements can be made regarding lodging, Rindo does mention again that he has booked a set of rooms at the Drunken Dragon, another inn not too many blocks away in hopes of keeping everyone together and nearby. He seems to worry that maybe the Dirty Dog is not as safe as it could be.

Agreeing to this hospitality, Amira leaves to make some other arrangements and informs everyone that in light of new contracts, she plans to head out of town in the morning, which is the soonest that everything can be ready. "Keep an eye on this one," she says, pointing to Rindo. "He's our next big payday. We need to get his hide safely out of Rookroost, you understand? I'll be back shortly."

OOC

Everyone is healed and rested. It is a couple hours after the fight in the yard. Now what?

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) ||

Finn HP 10/10 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Rindo HP 10/10 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Snowbelle HP 15/15 FP 13/13 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (2) ||

STATISTICS

Kelarith considers Rindo, "I may have some minor magics that will divert the eyes of those who seek our new friend, Rindo." He rises from his seat, continuing as he makes for the door, "I'll make preparations overnight. Please come to see me before dawn. This sort of magic is best applied away from the corrupting influence of the sun."

'Now, what has happened to our poor, deceased, goblin friends? I'm going to need at least an eye. Probably too risky to try animate one of these here. If only I had time to properly prepare one... And some flesh-eating beetles.'

Kelarith returns to the scene of the battle, hoping that some opportunists, or worse, civil servants, have not come to claim the bodies in the mean time.

OOC

If it seems safe to do so, Kelarith takes one or two eyes from the deceased goblins (no more than one eye from each body, for use in a ritual later, then goes in search of a fabric seller, in search of some silken thread. His plan is to use the thread to make the eye into an amulet to carry the effect of the obscurity ritual on Rindo (and he'll do one for himself, as well. Ideally, he'll finish up his ritual about an hour before Rindo arrives.

Obscurity - 14 -3 (12-hour duration) +1 (extra time) +1 silken thread +1 or +2 (eye of an enemy and symbol of Vecna) +1 (ritual done in darkness) +1 ritualists blood (total of 16 or 17).

Edited by Michael Silverbane (see edit history)
Name
Rindo's Obscurity 16
3d6 3,3,3
Kelarith's Obscurity - 16
3d6 2,3,6