January 2024 Character Creation Challenge

prophane

This sounds like fun! I've put up a community announcement about it. Hopefully Weavers will post their characters here, of course! 😀 Wondering if it's worth making a game to collect them in one place where everyone can have their own topic, or even their own forum...

2 hours ago, hakootoko said:

I could, however, roll up a Traveler 1e PC every day of the month, to see how many of them survive it.

That could be fun in itself!

This is definitely not supposed to be a homework assignment; I know I can't make 31 characters in January, but I will enjoy making some throughout the month and sharing them.

I might try to recruit a handful of people to make a couple GURPS characters each and then share them on my game blog as guest posters, that way maybe we CAN actually get 31 of them made

Sounds fun! I could definitely crank out a 5e character every day, and even maybe some other systems. I'm not a mechanics minded person though so they'd be pretty much vibes based. Maybe we could make teams and have people alternate what days they post, give everyone a few days or a week or something haha.

If I'm making characters for a specific game, and that game is "interesting", it's likely that given 31 days, I might make 5-6 characters. Probably more like 3-4. Maybe fewer if I get stuck on a particular idea that then refuses to gel properly. One if it's something crazy like mid level Pathfinder gestalt with spheres.

1 minute ago, RedRajah said:

Now, when we define "character creation", is it just stats/powers/et al or equipment, back stories and miscellany too?

It's whatever you want it to be. I don't think there's actual rules for it or anything. Just supposed to be fun sharing!