Discussion

Primeval Stasis

Ah yeah that would be helpful, thanks for asking. Class is unrestricted. For race, I would say humans, dwarves, and elves for now. But if there is a specific one that someone is interested in, I am happy to hear it and look into it more.

Heroic is part of the deluxe version right? I'm using free so I'd probably say standard rules.

4 hours ago, pesukarhu said:

I just picked up the Deluxe version, so WWN is on my mind. If you want any lookups in Deluxe, let me know.

Cool, thanks! For this I want to stick pretty simple, but depending on how it goes maybe it can keep going and I might want to go into the deluxe more.

40 minutes ago, cybersavant said:

how much detail do you want for character background? just generalities or world specific? which world?

Just generalities for now, however much each player needs to play their character through a simple scenario. If there's a group decision to keep going after that, backgrounds can be fleshed out more then.

3 minutes ago, TheRedGoat said:

Was curious about this, but is there a typo or something in the free pdf that makes smaller shields more expensive than larger shields? Same for Linothorax armor versus the Buff Coat despite better AC but with encumbrance.

I don't think it's a typo for the former, and here's why:

In-universe, Small shields would be things like bucklers that would by necessity need to be forged by a blacksmith, whereas a large shield could be something like a kite shield that could be quickly hammered together by a carpenter. And mechanically speaking, there is at least one mechanical interaction in the deluxe edition where a small shield is preferable to a large one (Duelists can only use small shields).

As for the latter, 0 Encumbrance armor is actually a fairly sizeable boon for a low Strength character that would justify the honestly marginal cost difference.

But of course, I'm only a mere applicant and this is all up to the DM C:

3 hours ago, Sizniche said:

I have something of a history of giving my characters pun names, so I'm fighting the urge to name my pikeman character something stupid like Robert Shishka or something lol

I don't normally go for puns much, but I actually like that one haha.