Important Security Update (updated 1/26/24)

Rodrigo

13 minutes ago, Brian Skies said:

So, I changed my password when the security update first came out.

Signed out and locked on OGMW or on the 'new' site? What do you mean by locked?

This may or may not be related to changes I've just made to OGMW:

• All accounts that haven't logged in since Jan 1 2023 have been set to 'awaiting email activation'. Accounts 'awaiting email activation' can't do anything on the OGMW forums or legacy sheets system, they're instead prompted with a notice to request an activation email, which provides them a link which'll activate them and take them out of that group.
  • All OGMW passwords set before Jan 19 2024 are considered expired and must be reset. Users meeting this condition will see a notice directing them to v6 to change their password. I realize there's a bit of a cliff, here, if they don't know their email or how to change password in v6, but we'll deal with those support issues as they come up.

@Rodrigo

Usually I stay signed into Baldr. However, this morning I was signed out of Baldr. I tried to sign in and was locked out for 15 minutes. By locked out, I mean it said I had to wait 15 minutes to sign in.

I changed my password yesterday after I read the security update.

I synchronized my password on both sites today after reading the synchronized passwords update (and after the 15 minute timeout).

1 minute ago, Brian Skies said:

Usually I stay signed into Baldr. However, this morning I was signed out of Baldr. I tried to sign in and was locked out for 15 minutes. By locked out, I mean it said I had to wait 15 minutes to sign in.

Ah, gotcha. Sounds like there was a failed attempt to sign in as you, then.

3 minutes ago, Beauty Nova said:

I need help resetting my OG account password, never bothered to migrate since my sheets still worked but now I can't update the password or figure out how to complete the migration.

@Beauty Nova - If you can log in to your original account here, resetting the password here will also reset it over there. If you can't, send me a PM with the username so we can get things sorted.

I did the same thing as Leonidas1789, except I actually changed my password a second time. OGMW now does not appear to recognize any of my passwords. Not the new one, not the pre-breach one, not the one in between. Keeps telling me my info is incorrect.

18 minutes ago, 8w_gremlin said:

I changed my (new) Mythweavers password, but looks like I need to do something for that to propagate over to the old site?
what do I need to do to get the old site working again?

It will now propagate automatically. Just need to "do it again" (for which we apologize).

8 hours ago, Brian Skies said:

So, I changed my password when the security update first came out.

Today, I woke up with my account signed out and locked.

Just thought you all should know.

Same.

On OGMW, the Sheets link works, showing me my sheets, but none of the other links on the top ribbon work (except for the link to the new MW), and all I see below the top ribbon of links is a vBulletin message that says.

Due to the security incident on Jan 17, 2024, your password must be changed. Please visit the new forums to change your password or request a password reset

On OGMW, if I click on the link to New MW, the link works and I'm on New MW and I'm logged in. On that page, if I click on the OGMW link, I'm back to the same dead page with the same vBulletin message that says I need to go to New MW and change my password. Which I already did.

Help?

Hi. I have changed Baldr password yesterday and it haven't synced with OGMW. I lost all access to the old website. After reading this topic, I changed the password here again and it still doesn't allow me into the old website. What should I do now?

EDIT: I was being dumb and using email address instead of username in the old site. Thanks to Eric for realizing it.

Edited by Coruja (see edit history)