Jade Talons: OOC Discussion

Aspekt

@Coruja sorry if you feel like I cut your guy's scene short, that wasn't my intention! I just didn't see any ask from you guys that would keep the scene going. I guess that as the GM, I'm always looking for how you guys are acting on the world, either asking someone something, or acting on the world doing something. So I didn't see a follow up that I could act on so I kinda figured you guys were ready to move on.

If you guys ever want to continue a scene to keep something going, just let me know in an OOC block what you're trying to accomplish.

I had intended for Sherrin at least to be done with that scene.

PS, I enjoyed reading the encounter between Saya and the village girl; it had a great setup from ResidualRose and payoff.

5 hours ago, Aspekt said:

@Coruja sorry if you feel like I cut your guy's scene short, that wasn't my intention! I just didn't see any ask from you guys that would keep the scene going. I guess that as the GM, I'm always looking for how you guys are acting on the world, either asking someone something, or acting on the world doing something. So I didn't see a follow up that I could act on so I kinda figured you guys were ready to move on.

If you guys ever want to continue a scene to keep something going, just let me know in an OOC block what you're trying to accomplish.

I had finished, but there are others. The thing that shouted most to me was that you asked Trevin for an Athletics check, which I was sure he would fail, but he passed handsomely, and then nothing. I was really looking forward to the outcome of it.

"You see the feeble librarian approaching the fearsome pack of log. The challenge was steep, but with some great intelligence he managed to use his own body to counter weight the heavy burden and lift it graciously from the ground, proving the pen is mightier than the sword. Even Hanna was shocked by the feat, a very welcome change to her tired grumpy face."

Oh sure, I can definitely see that point of view, wanting some closure for Tevis. Maybe it’s the play-by-post style, but I thought @Phntm888 did such a good job narrating Tevis’ success and the reasons behind it, anything I would have written would just be a re-hash and wouldn’t add anything.

TBF, I was sure I would fail the check, as well. The dice were not unkind to me.

I do try to narrate my own successes/failures when I know have done so in PbP. If I hadn't had the DC of the Athletics check, I would have left it more open-ended for the GM to post the resolution.

I really liked how you resolved it too, turning it to “librarian secretly stronk” into a “smarter vs harder” thing. I mostly threw it in there to see the character background on approaching the challenge and I thought it was very cool to see how you did it!

I see. It's just that it felt like Hanna was challenging Tevis after his offering to help, and then he was up to the task.

I'm just loving all the stories from all the characters. I'm reading like a treasure book out webtoon. And I'm anticipating the next chapters. It's your fault for making such an interesting story. 😁

I was waiting on the others to reunite. I was going to present our options for what to do. If you move us, we will not have the time to spend.

I think it will be faster to do OOC. What do you think, guys?

A) Go after the beasts threatening the people;

B) Go after the bandits threatening the people; (my vote here)

C) Take the time to rest, do off time activities, whatever.

8 minutes ago, ResidualRose said:

Well...at least I didn't fall flat on my face this time! XD

Leave that to me ;) lol

@Aspekt, is the enemy undead? It's Sarah's favored enemy. What can I roll to get information on them?

17 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Leave that to me ;) lol

@Aspekt, is the enemy undead? It's Sarah's favored enemy. What can I roll to get information on them?

...also, can Sarah get advantage on the roll if she was paying attention to Saya's storytime session back during the travel montage? XD