The Dungeons of Lord Rhynehurst - OOC

Rudolf

Lord Rhynehurst -is- merciful, according to Lord Rhynehurst.

Please track total damage taken over the adventure.

(And yes, healing yourself does potentially increase this number)

Just realized I probably haven't set up Shizuka's cleric spells on her sheet, but since I can't seem to access it at the moment that'll have to wait I guess. She can just use swordsage maneuvers for now.

Edit: Okay, I found a way to view them again and I do have spells listed. Good for me, thinking ahead. Just gonna... copy that sort of thing into my apps for each character. Just in case.

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

Folks, there are quite a few dangerous areas inside the dungeons. So, we’re going to stay in rounds, the entire time. Feel free to make an icon for yourself and add it to the map as soon as I make it.

Perhaps this is something I should ask the man at the door in character, but normal dungeon crawling includes stopping to rest. What happens in spectator dungeon crawling when the party decides to set up camp? Might be awful boring for the audience. Or are we supposed to leave the dungeon when we're out of spells/need healing and it's time to rest?

Folks, while the text says some of you are moving down the hallway, the map indicates you’re all huddled near the door. I find this confusing.

I’d greatly prefer that you move yourself on the map. You should be able to do that: click, and then drag.

So, let’s all take our first turn, shall we?

15 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Think of it like a boxing ring: It’s considered poor form to sleep within. The next contestants need the space.

That makes sense, thanks. So at the point where we would rest we should go back the way we've come and exit the dungeon.

So what I'm hearing is "be super conservative with spells/X per day abilities" and rely heavily on martial maneuvers that I can use infinitely as long as I have a minute or so between encounters. orc4.gif.f3d6be366664ce5f9696e6463cdd203f.gif

Speaking of conserving our x/day abilities, not falling into a pit trap is probably as good an opportunity as any to use one.

I'm thinking of using Abrupt Jaunt to teleport 10ft to the square between Brody and Shizuka as an immediate action in response to the flaw giving way beneath Igni.

Is that an option @Rudolf?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I've got Feather Fall on so there shouldn't be too much damage even if I fail the save. Let's conserve the x/day abilities and see how this plays out.

2nd EDIT: Probably not well 😅

Edited by Barrigan (see edit history)

So, this was originally written to be a special event at a convention. Imagine a large room with a dozen tables of gamers, all playing the same adventure. The farther you get, the greater the reward.

Unlike the RFT, if you died, you stayed dead.