Property Damage

This is a simple adventure. The party is being hired to clear an estate from various inhabitants by a wealthy merchant, so he can flip it. He did not bother to check why such prime real estate was so cheap. The Party's base of operation will be a small village where they can chat with locals about the estate and maybe find out about more history. The village has a decent amount of people to chat with, but as services go it is just a village. The Tavern is doubling as the Inn for those who don't mind all staying in one room. There is a General Store with the usual mundane items you would find in the Adventurers Gear section of PHB. But do expect the prices to be slightly hiked up, the merchant expects to turn a profit after dragging all that there. There is also a Blacksmith who would be willing to make some stuff for you as Special Weapons and Armor go, but he can't make anything above Mastercrafted Equipment. There is also a local Wise Woman (read Witch) that will sell the party various Oils, Scrolls, Potions, and alike but nothing of too high level. She also can enchant your equipment but not above +1 and also by slightly inflated prices. She has various ingredients too. That is all about stores. The rest are just the houses of locals. The estate is 1 mile outside the village.

Mechanic: Approved characters from 1-3rd level ( this is meant to level up slightly new characters after all) Depending on how thorough the party is, Adventure should end either at a strong 4th level or a fresh 5th. As GM I don't care what your character is as long as it is approved by Mods and in the right level range. But do expect villagers to react appropriately to more...exotic race combos. Class is not stamped on anyone's forehead so unless it is bragged about villagers likely would not know it. All IC questions will be answered by Phillip, Half-Elf assistant who will await the party in the tavern. The Portal will drop you in front of the village, not the estate. Lastly, while this is meant to help new characters level up, play recklessly or plain dumb and your character will die. I don't have particular compunction about killing PCs that don't value their life.

Alexis

spacer.pngAlexis is more than ready for something new. She eagerly signs up for this mission. Hopefully nobody freaks out because she's a Tiefling; that gets old fast.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2889416][B][SIZE=+1]Alexis Noveila[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NE Tiefling Dread Necromancer/Duskblade, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 28/28, [B]DR[/B] 2/B and M, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft. [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 6, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 3 [B] Masterwork Short Sword [/B] +7 (1d6-1, 19-20/x2) [B] Light Mace [/B] +6 (1d6-1, x2) [B] Mithral Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 13 [B]Condition[/B] None
Alexis Noveila
Female NE Tiefling Dread Necromancer/Duskblade, Level 3, Init 3, HP 28/28, DR 2/B and M, Speed 30 ft.
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Masterwork Short Sword +7 (1d6-1, 19-20/x2)
Light Mace +6 (1d6-1, x2)
Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 13
Condition None
Current Effects
  • HP: 28/28
  • Darkvision 60 ft.
  • Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire 5
  • Darkness SLA 1/day (Caster Level 3)
  • Negative Energy Burst 1/day (DC 12 for half of 1d4 damage)
  • Rebuke Undead 5/day (as a 4th level cleric)

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Lol, I don't think Tieflings are that rare in Forgotten Realms, I was thinking something like Argent, from Tujan the Prison Island game, who is a Unicornodragon thingie. See that might raise an eyebrow 😂

As Alexis, welcome I never saw Dread Necro in action, but I'm looking forward to it. 3-4 more places left.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

In my defense, I glossed over the part where he said he was from Waterdeep. Especially in Waterdeep... no, wait. I'm thinking of Luskan. That's where that really awful thing happened in a Drizzt book. Still, never know what kind of crap people think inside their heads.

Posted (edited)

@Rudolf Everyone was doing first come first served rule, and there is one more game open I think, if there is more interest than space I might break out emergency 6th space but I doubt it will be necessary. So 2-3 places left...officially.

@Faeryl_ It's a small backwood village, the band of adventurers coming in, most residents might stare, they are likely already riddled poor NPC that supposed to answer your question and discuss payment and he's just an assistant. Band of full-blooded adventurers coming in. You will be gawked at like pop band that made a wrong turn and ended in the middle of nowhere even if all of you were all Human. And, no offense, if your character is dressed like in the pic and looks the same, dudes WILL stare, they would do it even if you were Drow Matron. The power of a small head over the big one, especially with a younger crowd, is undeniable. That's why Black Widows prosper on several continents. They are the only Human dangerous spider in my part of the world 😂

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

I like to consider the clothes in the image to be her "casual" wear. She's a fair bit more covered up when going out on jobs. Proper trousers, chain shirt, all that good stuff. (Not that she can't be wearing trousers that complement her. orc9.gif.c4f75e6647d00e9e9c4b8c66bc470764.gif)

See @Faeryl_ no beak no raised eyebrows...or occasionally offered a fistful of bird feed 😂 So far Dread Necro/Duskblade and Birdfolk/Druid. Both versatile mix of Frontline and magic, not bad for a start.

2 hours ago, darlis moonbeam said:

Let me know if you have trouble getting folks and I will throw something together.

You are welcome if you want, there are suddenlly 2 games recruting, I didn't expect for it to be flooded instantly as always when one game comes every couple weeks, maybe once a month sometimes. If you have some idea you'd like to try give it a shot, but you don't have to force yourself. I'm happy to keep it open until at least 2 more players jump in. And at a rate people make characters here soon there will be a few more approved.

Polo Devix

5ac454c02c1b4f6aa5b75bd6bb9c2453.jpeg.3877df27d760709c74a17b94aaef11c7.jpeg

Statblock 

[URL=/sheets/?id=2895944][B][SIZE=+1]Polo Devix [/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Chaotic Good Ghostwise Halfling Paladin of Freedom 3/Rogue 3, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 5, [B]HP[/B] 33/33, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 3 [B] MW Heavy crossbow (10 bolts) [/B] +7 (1d8, 19-20x2) [B] MW Great Sword [/B] +7 (1d10+2, 19-20x2) [B] Throwing Axe [/B] +6 (1d4+2, x2) [B] Mithril Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Size) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12 [B]Condition[/B] None Healing Belt: 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage. 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage. 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.
Polo Devix
Male Chaotic Good Ghostwise Halfling Paladin of Freedom 3/Rogue 3, Level 3, Init 5, HP 33/33, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 3
MW Heavy crossbow (10 bolts) +7 (1d8, 19-20x2)
MW Great Sword +7 (1d10+2, 19-20x2)
Throwing Axe +6 (1d4+2, x2)
Mithril Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12
Condition None

Healing Belt:
1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage.
2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage.
3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 2
Balance 2
Bluff 6
Climb 2
Concentration 0
Craft 0
Decipher Script 4
Diplomacy 4
Disable Device 7
Disguise 1
Escape Artist 2
Forgery 2
Gather Information 6
Handle Animal 1
Heal 1
Hide 9
Intimidate 1
Jump 3
Knowledge(Religion) 5
Knowledge (Royalty & Nobles) 5
Knowledge (Local) 4
Knowledge ()  
Knowledge ()  
Listen 8
Move Silently 6
Open Lock 8
Perform 0
Profession 4
Ride 4
Search 6
Sense Motive 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Spellcraft 2
Spot 8
Survival 4
Swim 2
Tumble 4
Use Magic Device 3
Use Rope 3
Speak Language(Draconic) 1

Spells

Feats and Abilities 

Feats: Sly Fortune (1st lvl), Victor's Luck (3rd lvl) both from Complete Scoundrel gives 2 luck rerolls.

Racial Abilities:

• +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
  • Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
  • Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
  • +2 racial bonus on ClimbJumpListen, and Move Silently checks.
  • Speak without Sound (Su): A ghostwise halfling, unlike other halflings, can communicate telepathically with any creature within 20 feet, just as if speaking to him or her. The halfling can only speak and listen to one person at a time, and he must share a common language with the person or creature he speaks to telepathically, or the telepathic link fails.

• +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
  • +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.

Rogue Abilities: Sneak Attack +2d6, Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1, Evasion

Paladin of Freedom Abilities:  Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/day, Aura of Resolve, Divine Health

Equipment 

Equipment:

Mithril Chainshirt (1100GP) Dungeon Masters Guide

MW Heavy Crossbow w/10 Bolts(350GP) Players Handbook

MW Great sword (350GP) Players Handbook

2x Throwing Axes (16GP) Players Handbook

Healing Belt (750GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 110

Backpack (2GP) Players Handbook

Bedroll (1SP) Players Handbook

Blanket, Winter (5SP) Players Handbook

Fishhook (1SP) Players Handbook

Flint & Steel (1GP) Players Handbook

Small Steel Mirror (10GP) Players Handbook

Iron Pot (5SP) Players Handbook

Belt Pouch (1GP) Players Handbook

5x Bread, 5x Cheese, 5x Meat(3GP) Players Handbook

Silk Rope 50 Ft (10GP) Players Handbook

Sewing Needle (5SP) Players Handbook

Shovel (2GP) Players Handbook

Soap (5SP) Players Handbook

Tent (10GP) Players Handbook

Waterskin (1GP) Players Handbook

Whetstone (2CP) Players Handbook

Sunrod x2 (4GP) Players Handbook

MW Thieves Tools (100GP) Players Handbook

Explorers Outfit (10GP) Players Handbook

Warpony (100GP) Players Handbook

Bit & Bridle (2GP) Players Handbook

Military Saddle (20GP) Players Handbook

Saddlebag (4GP) Players Handbook

Feed x7(3SP5CP) Players Handbook

Spices (Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Basil, Rosemary, Onion) (31GP 1 SP, and 5 CP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Wheat Flour (3 GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Olive Oil (5GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Honey (1SP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Silver Holy Symbol " Silver coin with Tymora's image on one side happy, other side with her sad" (25 GP) Players Handbook

Dice Set (1SP) pathfinder SRD.

Funds Left over 90 GP, 0 SP, and 8 CP

This guy is almost ready to go, just needs to be reviewed and approved.