Property Damage OOC

Depends how many party members rely on light. I think at least one person was human. I think they were also a Binder though, and could get darkvision tomorrow by changing who they made a pact with for the day.

Damian needs to switch his vestige for dark vision, but if the intention is to go to the elven village and not blundering along hunting goblins he'd be fine going now.

Far be it from me to put a wrench in your immaculate plan. But your directions to the Elven village are "about a day's walk from here" to quote the source. I REALLY hope you know at least the direction of that or this is gonna be a long adventure 😋

And if Elves wanted for every rambunctious band of adventurers to know the location of it they would put the signs down...or not settle full day away...surely. 😁. If you plan to go that way maybe it would be good to have someone from that village to guide you. Just saying.

Posted (edited)

There are 4 of them in the Inn and one was pointed to Lumina with references, approaching him to strike that deal or anything else before doing 180 and returning to the table was in my mind, the logical next step. The timeline went something like this Lumina approaches one waitress and asks about someone who knows about forest-she gets pointed toward elves-she strikes up some more conversation with said waitress and departs from one gold (Not like that cheapskate Damien 😋)- she gets told to specific Half-Elf in the group and gets a basically reference since waitress might have some hanky-panky with him. Now normal order of events for me would be for her to approach the elves since she more/less has guaranteed in with at least 1 of them and ask them...whatever, but since she wants to go to the Elven village something in that vein. Instead, she returns to the party and says "Hey let's go and visit elves."

Now you will excuse me if that thread kinda doesn't make sense to me. Not to mention waitress said a day away, a 24-hour trip, starting at the beginning of the evening, traveling through the entire night and the next day just to get to a secluded village where you have no idea how you'll be welcomed even if you get blessed by Hermes patron of thieves (and travelers which is I guess more important in this instant). When you have 4 elves from that village and one of their customers vouching for you.

So @Faeryl_ yes I could hand wave it, but given all of what I typed this far does it make logical sense to do so? And if you were GM would you?

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)