First Time Out

Grendel

Ehrick hears Caelyn say "where did you go?" And then she is standing on the edge of the roof offering to help him climb up.  Her help is not that useful, she does not have the leverage or upper body strength to haul him up, but he doesn't really need it.  He does get an almost inappropriate view of her cleavage when she looks down at him, however which threatens to be distracting.  Once he is up on the same roof, she points South towards the Citadel.  "We can get down over there by the market and then head to one of the bridges.  East or West of the river?  Which way is better?" she asks.

At street level the other three are moving at a walking pace as Silas pauses every few seconds to cast his spell.  They can surmise Ehrick and Caelyn went South, for now, as they didn't come down on the front/North side and they can't see them on the roof heading East or West.  To go South they can head East to the market street and then South to the market square and see if they can spot them there.

OOC Notes

Casting the cantrip takes an action, s o the fastest you guys can move if he is casting it every round is 30 feet per round.  What message are you sending to Ehrick?  You might get lucky since you know he is on the roof and can send the message "around corners".

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 

AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative13: +3, Passive Perception: 14

Ehrick manages to get back onto the roof, nearly falling when she bent over to help and flashed most of her chest at him. Once up he coughs and clears his throat before replying.

The camp is south of the city on the east side of the river, so I would figure we should head out the east gate and then head south to his camp. 

He gets a "message" from Kaspar and responds.

We are headed south to the market. Meet you there.

Following Caelyn he speaks up.

My team mates will meet us at the market.

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3

AC: 14 HP 18/22 Initiative: +3

“Any idea where we might find the others? They were escaping in the other direction. Ehrick asked me to lead the mob away from them, before he ran of with the fair maiden.”

Kaspar looks at both Eadberth and Silas, keeping his perception up in case somebody is unduly interested in their little party. 

Name
Perception
1d20+1 11

From the rooftops the city is a jumble of crowded buildings with narrow streets between them.  Space on the island is scarce and most of the buildings are built right up against each other, making moving along the rooftops easier except when it's time to cross a street.  Four structures stand out:  the Citadel dominating the South point of the island; the market, an empty hole in the center; the Guild House, what passes for the seat of government which fronts on the West side of the Market; and the Church of Deus, off the market on the East side, with its distinctive dome.  Caelyn heads for the market.  "How many in your... team?" she asks as she reaches the edge of the market, standing on the roof of a traveler's inn.  She crouches down on the edge looking down, then looks back at Ehrick.  "Down there," she says, then drops herself off the roof.  When he looks she is falling on a stall tarp, a vendor set up in front of the inn.  The tarp holds her weight precariously, but it doesn't collapse.

Silas, Eadberht and Kaspar wind their way through the streets heading South away from the docks.  The smells of the city change from seaside to a more human-sweat odor, before the streets open up at the Market and the sir flows better.

OOC Note

Okay, so I was waiting for Eadberht and Silas to chime in, but they can talk as they walk.  Perception to spot Ehrick or Caelyn.  Timing, the rooftops are faster, so they will be on the ground and in the market when the other three arrive.

As he moves along the roof tops following the elf maiden, he replies to her queries.

There are three more in my team. Hopefully they got the message to meet us in the market. 

Of course our path is going to get us there a lot quicker than them.

Seeing her drop on the tarp, he is sure it will not hold him so he moves to find either a clear spot to drop into and then hangs from the roof and drops or looks for some crates or something sturdy that he can climb down onto.

Once they are finally in the market he suggests they find a spot off to the side and keep an eye out for his team.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Perception check to spot team or trouble
1d20+4 18
Athletics check to get down off roof
1d20+4 9

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3

Runs beside Eadberth „I know how you are feeling. So you haven’t seen them either yet?“ 

Thinking to himself „perhaps we should slow down a. Bit to draw less attention“ aloud he says „Why are we actually running?“

Ehrick climbs down without hurting himself, or anyone else and after a brief moment of uncertainty, catches up with Caelyn, who seems to not be accustomed to traveling with others; she was already walking through the market heading east.  As he catches up he notices that any women give Caelyn a disapproving look and many of the men have a different reaction.  She seems oblivious.  He also spots at the north end of the market the white shock of hair that must be Kaspar, along with his colorful clothes.  He does not see any sign of immediate trouble, but there are Guild Guardsmen placed strategically about the market, notably at every road entrance to the square and by the well.  "Three more, huh?  I'm almost disappointed he only sent four of you to find me, though to be fair and complimentary to you and your companions, you found me pretty fast..."  she is saying when he catches up.

Kaspar, Eadberht and Silas enter the market from the north end, and though the air is somewhat fresher and less foul there, the crowd is quite impressive in the middle of the day.  At the moment they do not see their companion or Caelyn.

Ehrick is quite relieved to be back on the ground with no broken bones. He quickly catches up to Caelyn. He notices the looks everyone is giving and realizes that Caeylyn, dressed as she is, is attracting way too much attention. He takes his cloak off and offers it to her.

Perhaps it would be better if you covered yourself so you are not easily spotted or recognized?

He hopes she accepts because they don't need to call any more attention to themselves then they already have. Spotting Kaspar he leads her toward him.

There is one of my teammates now.

As he gets closer he notes they are all there.

And he is with the others.

When he sees Kaspar look his way he waves a hand in the air to get his attention. Once they are all together he introduces her, without actually saying her name out loud, to them and tries to keep them moving and headed towards the gate out of the city.

Gentlemen, this is the lady we were asked to find. Might I suggest we get out of here quickly to avoid more trouble?

Caelyn looks at Ehrick dumbfounded for a moment, then shrugs and says, "Okay, if you insist" and closes her own cloak around herself.  She also at first resists going north, pointing out the bridge and city gate is this way (east) but follows along without further objection.

Upon meeting with Ehrick and the fair maiden, Kaspar takes of his hat and bows from the waist in perfect courtly manner "My name is Kaspar of Ederthal, at your service my lady. I assume my friend here has filled you in why we were looking for you. Do you have an idea who the opposition might be?"

"Ehrick are you both unhurt?"

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)

When Kaspar bows and introduces himself, Ehrick glances around to see how much attention he is drawing, very concerned.

Please don't do that. We want to draw as little attention as we can. We had a couple near falls, but I think we came through unscathed. Let's get moving. The faster we are out of the city the easier it will be to spot incoming trouble. Caeylen, if you would please stay in the middle of the group. I'll lead the way, the rest of you take up position around her so she is protected from all sides.

He then leads off towards the east gate in the hopes of getting them out of the city. He moves at a fair pace, but not so fast as to attract unwanted attention. Basically tries to appear as someone who is on a mission and knows where they are going and wants to get there with all haste.

Caelyn was about to return Kaspar's bow with a curtsy but Ehrick stops her before she can.  "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Kaspar of Ederthal," she says simply and looks at the other two expectantly before moving on.  For the moment she has her cloak close about herself, covering up fairly well.