First Time Out

Grendel

spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 

AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative13: +3, Passive Perception: 14

Ehrick hands the lady her cloak, then take a deep breath and tries to carefully, but quickly follow her up onto the roof. He is definitely not as graceful as she is, but he does manage to make it look fairly easy this time. Once he is up there and has his feet under him he glances at Caelyn.

Where to now? Your friend has a tent pitched outside of town. I could take you there. He said he cleared up your problem and that he wishes to speak to you.

Hearing Silas's voice in his ear again he responds.

Am on the roof with Caeylin.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Athletics check to climb onto roof
1d20+4 19

spacer.pngSilas looks after the wizard, who has stepped away with answering or acknowledging him. He sighs and shrugs, then takes looks at the front of the tavern. "Well, then..."

The man and his two goons weren't following them, so he found a corner where he could pull up his hood and blend into the background. He gestures for Eadberht to join him if the wizard cares to. Then he points his finger toward the upper story of the Blood and Shot and mutters to himself, sending a quiet message to Ehrick. "We're out front. Need help? Where should we meet you?"

Edited by Past Imperfect (see edit history)
Name
Stealth
1d20+5 20

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3

AC: 14 HP 20/22 Initiative: +3

lead them the other way, as if that is going to be so easy” 

Kaspar moves down the corridor looking for a door that is unlocked and leading to an empty room. Once he has found what he is looking for he gets in opens the window and returns to the door. “Well it’s Show Time

He leans against the door frame, pretending to be catching his breath. Once people start coming upstairs, he rasps heavily for air and points into the room.

There … they … escaped through … the window, … quickly after … them! Oh gods … I’m getting too old for this shit.

OOC

i think normally this would be a deception or persuasion check, but Kaspar is a professional storyteller, so being convincing in his presentation should be a performance check. I’ll roll for all of them and let you decide which one is applicable, my vote is on performance. 

Name
roll
1d20+7 20
Deception/Persuasion
1d20+5 17

"Following them at a distance is probably for the best. I'm not amazing in a straight up fight, which is why I don't like getting involved in them."

He dusts himself off as he talks to Silas, following behind the hooded figure. He tosses his bat up into the air.

"Adain, keep an eye on things from the sky."

Round 4 ActionsI'm re-posting everyone's responses to sum up round 4 because they are out of order now and may give the wrong impression of how things are playing out

(Eadberht Initiative 22)

Seeing that the others have gone upstairs, Eadberht backs off to a distance where he can observe the entrance and the building as a whole. He allows the earthen grasp to end as it exceeds his control range.

I'm sure they can handle it.

(Silas Initiative 19)

Silas looks after the wizard, who has stepped away with answering or acknowledging him. He sighs and shrugs, then takes looks at the front of the tavern. "Well, then..."

The man and his two goons weren't following them, so he found a corner where he could pull up his hood and blend into the background. He gestures for Eadberht to join him if the wizard cares to. Then he points his finger toward the upper story of the Blood and Shot and mutters to himself, sending a quiet message to Ehrick. "We're out front. Need help? Where should we meet you?"

(Caelyn Initiative 18)

Caelyn catches Ehrick before he falls out the window, his hand slipping from the wet eaves of the tavern.  "Be careful," she says taking off her cloak and handing it to him.  "Me first, okay?" She reaches up and does a flip onto the roof feet first, a graceful move as though she floated freely in the window.  Then her arm comes down, whether offering to help or simply asking for her cloak is unclear.

(Kaspar Initiative 16)

lead them the other way, as if that is going to be so easy” 

Kaspar moves down the corridor looking for a door that is unlocked and leading to an empty room. Once he has found what he is looking for he gets in opens the window and returns to the door. “Well it’s Show Time

He leans against the door frame, pretending to be catching his breath. Once people start coming upstairs, he rasps heavily for air and points into the room.

There … they … escaped through … the window, … quickly after … them! Oh gods … I’m getting too old for this shit.

(Boss Man/Bar Patrons/Thugs (initiatives 14/15/16)

The lead bar patrons in the scrum manage to get to the top of the stairs, look around in a brief moment to orient themselves, and then run at Kaspar, pushing and shoving each other to be first to enter the room.  They unceremoniously push/pull Kaspar out of the way as they go into the room.  There are more coming behind these four and it is obvious the second-floor hallway will be full very soon.  There is no sign of the Boss Man or his thugs.

(Ehrick Initiative 13)

Ehrick hands the lady her cloak, then take a deep breath and tries to carefully, but quickly follow her up onto the roof. He is definitely not as graceful as she is, but he does manage to make it look fairly easy this time. Once he is up there and has his feet under him he glances at Caelyn.

Where to now? Your friend has a tent pitched outside of town. I could take you there. He said he cleared up your problem and that he wishes to speak to you.

(Eadberht Round 5 Initiative 22)

"Following them at a distance is probably for the best. I'm not amazing in a straight up fight, which is why I don't like getting involved in them."

He dusts himself off as he talks to Silas, following behind the hooded figure. He tosses his bat up into the air.

"Adain, keep an eye on things from the sky."

Okay, and now we are back to Silas for Round 5. Ehrick, if you want to reply to the Message Cantrip you can edit that in your Round 4 post since Silas goes before you.  I can edit any response into this Summary as well.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)

spacer.pngSilas looks over at Eadberht and nods. "Me neither, if I'm honest. I just bloody hate getting punched in the face." He cocks his head as Ehrick's reply whispers in his ear. "They're on the roof, now," he says to the wizard. "Maybe your friend can spot them?"

After a moment's thought, Silas slips his rapier back in its sheath. He lifts his short bow from its case on his back and bends it over his knee quickly to string it. Once it's ready to use, he lets it dangle loosely from one hand, so it can't easily be seen.

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3

AC: 14 HP 20/22 Initiative: +3

Kaspar rubs his back, where he had hit the wall when pushed around by the charging mob “Well let’s call this a smashing performance, I better get out of here before they want more

Waiting till the rush into the room stops, he quickly slides out of the room and moves back down the stairs and towards the back door. 
In case that he finds himself unobserved, he will cast invisibility on himself, if not he just dashes towards said staircase and backdoor. 

"with all the crowd pressing through the doors it will take forver to get out there. Well here goes nothing."

Kaspar moves towards the window, sliding past others were possible pushing were necessary,  and climbs out of it, letting himself drop to the ground showing his acrobatic skills

Edit: which isn't all that impressive

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Name
acrobatic
1d20+3 5

Round 5, Initiative Count 18

Caelyn runs across the roof to the South side of the tavern, calling over her shoulder, "I seem to have some new problems he is doesn't know about and I prefer he not discover."  She then tries to leap to the next building south of tavern and slips on a wet tile and goes over the edge with a "woop!", just barely catching herself on the edge of the roof with one hand. 

NoteI used the wrong bonus for her Athletics check, she failed spectacularly on a straight up jump.

Name
roll
1d20+9 3
roll
1d20+6 11

Ehrick follows along behind the elf, seeing she is about to jump to the next roof he is about to questions her actions when she slips and goes over the edge. He reaches to try to catch her, but she manages to catch herself before he gets to her. He offers his hand to help her back up.

Well, assuming we don't fall and kill ourselves, would you be willing to talk to your friend and explain you don't want to go with him? Or perhaps if this new trouble is something we could help you resolve, then maybe we can get you out of it and then take you to see your friend?

OOC

Kaspar needs to pick front or rear of the building; there is no side window as it is lodged between two other buildings.  The island is packed tight with narrow streets.  Eadberht and Silas are out front, Caelyn is hanging off the roof at the rear, Ehrick is there pulling her up.

Caelyn dangles for a bit before taking Ehrick's hand.  He finds it easy to pull her back up, she is very light.  "Thank you," she says with an electric, glowing smile; the kind that would make a young man blush.  Then she turns back to the gap between buildings.  "I don't mind going to speak with him, if indeed you can help me out of the city.  But I do not want his reputation or name to suffer by association with mine," she says putting some force into her tone for emphasis.  "Now, let's try this again," she says before backing up and then vaulting the distance, careful to avoid the same slippery tile.  The flip is not as graceful as her earlier one onto the roof, and she teeters on the edge but rights herself steady on the other side.

Name
roll
1d20+9 3

AC: 14 HP 18/22 Initiative: +3

Reaction to fallAs i assume caelyn and ehrick have been leaving at the back, so Kaspar leaves in the opposite direction. Going to rejoin with Silas and Eadberth.

Elves being incredibly graceful and nimble, so it is apparently Kaspar p’s human half that assert himself as he plummets out if the window. Landing painfully on his backside. He rubs his back and walking away from the front door of the inn. 

Ehrick blushes as the elf smiles at him. He hopes it is too dark for her to notice. He then watches as she makes the jump between buildings. He says a quick prayer and takes a deep breath, like that will help him, and then runs and jumps towards the next roof, following the elf.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Athletics check to jump if needed (can jump 15 feet)
1d20+4 2
roll
1d20+5 20

AC: 14 HP 18/22 Initiative: +3

(as soon as we are out of combat)

Kaspar looks around spots his companions, and walks towards them. Upon arrival “Gentlemen I suggest we leave this lovely place. Master Ehrick is accompanying the young lady over the roofs. So if we don’t want to start another tavern brawl somewhere, why don’t we try to meet up with them?

spacer.pngSilas steps out of the shadows, trying to keep a smile from his face as Kaspar makes his way to the ground. "Are you alright, my friend? Yes, let's see if we can meet back up with them." 

Assuming Eadberht's agreement, Silas moves with the other two away from the tavern's entrance. As soon as they can no longer see the door, Silas starts pointing and casting his minor spell, trying to contact Ehrick.