Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  5 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

First Time Out


Grendel

Recommended Posts

spacer.png"My lord." Silas seems irritated. "Did you invite us here with no idea how to pay us and no money with which to do so?" He breathes heavily through his nose with his lips pressed together. Why am I surprised? he thought to himself. Bloody nobles.

 

Silas looks down at the meal for a moment and it's plain he thinks this is all the return he is likely to get for his time. He looks around at the others as they seek to find a way to extract a profit from the situation. Meanwhile, he sets to filling his belly with good stew and passable wine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I can provide a sum for expenses," Lightbringer says producing a pouch that lands with some weight on the table.  "If she is not in trouble yet, then she would likely have secured a patron of wealth to sustain her preferred lifestyle," He says again addressing the concerns as to how to find Caelyn.  "If she has found herself in a difficult position, which I suspect even if she is not wanted by the law, then look for her in a more questionable neighborhood, perhaps by the docks," he adds.  He then looks at Eadberht directly.  "I am satisfied with an obligation, but it cannot be limitless, considering my existing obligations to the Order.  I do not expect this endeavor to be dangerous or life-threatening, I doubt even she can get into that much trouble in such a short time."  He continues eating, sparingly in small bites, waiting for further comments or questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14 HP 22 Initiative: +3


 

 

 

"This sounds acceptable to me. But As Master Archer said, a description of her appearance would be very helpful. Anchorhead is certainly home to more than one Elven maiden, and I presume there is the chance she is not using her own name."

Kaspar thought about how a lone woman, would support herself in the docks areas of Anchorhead, especially if she has not found a wealthy patron yet. 

"Perhaps it is time for another set of performances in the taverns at the docks. I might spot something or somebody useful"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Are you all in agreement, then?"  He asks after Kaspar speaks.  "There may not be any other elven maidens, they are becoming scarce - elves, I mean.  She has golden hair, stands as tall as my shoulder, and is athletic," he adds.  He looks to the others for confirmation that they are in as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


 

 

Sure, I am in. I had nothing planned except a long walk home with nothing waiting for me there, so this will be more productive.

 

He finishes off his food and downs the last of his water and gets up. Then he pauses as he has a thought.

 

Perhaps you could write a little note to the lady that we could give her so she knows we are speaking the truth? After all, if she fled here thinking she was wanted by the law, then she might need a little convincing that we are not just random bounty hunters trying to drag her back there.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightbring looks at Ehrick for a moment.  "I do not want my name associated with this venture, it could be delicate given my position, should such a letter fall into the wrong hands," he says.  He stands and paces a bit thinking.  "You may tell her it is a family matter, considering our history it is true enough," he finally says and his expression shows that he regrets not being more helpful.  "Rest assured that if you are able to persuade her, privately, that you are there on my behalf she will likely cooperate," he adds.


OOC:  The pouch has 50 gp in it.  You may ask more questions or consult with each other at the pavilion or on the road.  Let me know what your plan is and I will change the scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


 

Ehrick gives a nod to their host as they stand up and leave. He is still a bit torn by this request. The man claims to be here to help the woman, but does not want anyone to know he is doing it. He is sure there is a lot more to this than just trying to help her. He wonders if Lightbring is one of those love struck fools that can't take no for an answer.

 

Once outside,

 

Okay gents. I am not very good at making quiet inquiries. Mine tend to be a little on the loud side. So I will let you ask the questions. Any idea where to start? This is a fairly large city. And how does one go about asking around town about a golden hair elf without risking that she hears about it and runs?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well, I know someone who might help a bit."

 

The wizard reaches under his collar and produces a small bat.

 

"Meet Adain. He's quite observant, though he has to stay close to let me know what he's found."

 

https://i0.wp.com/flatheadaudubon.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/hoary010.jpg?fit=608%2C450&ssl=1

 

The bat flaps into the air after free-falling for a moment from Eadberht's hand. It takes up a holding pattern above the group.

 

"Apart from that, how do you find anyone? Ask around, but keep the reason you're looking for them positive. Nobody likes a snitch, but we can mix truth with lies here. 'She might be in danger and we need to find her before someone with ill intent does'."

 

He gestures dramatically at the last part, changing his voice to something like a guard's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngSilas joins the others in leaving, offering a silent bow to the paladin as he goes. 

 

"To be honest, gentlemen, I think finding her will be easiest part of the task. A beautiful, obviously noble, young elven woman with a propensity for causing trouble? People love talking about that sort of thing. Discretion is the most difficult aspect, as ever." He hesitates. "I've spent some time here and might be able to think of someone we can start by talking to." 

 

He peers at the little bat and extends a finger to pet it before it flies off. The first true smile you've seen from him crosses his face briefly. "What a cute little fellow. He'll be an excellent look out, I imagine. We'll have to narrow the field a bit before he'll be useful, though."

 

OOCIs there a chance Silas will know someone he can talk to? Doesn't even have to be a crime person (ahem, I'm cool!), just someone who knows what's going on.

Not sure what to roll for that, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14 HP 22 Initiative: +3


 

 

 

"If I may make a suggestion, to find somebody in Anchorhead it will be best to mingle with the population. Especially the chatty ones, Lightbringer hinted of the Lady perhaps hiding in the Docks district, how about we are going to have a nice evening drink in one of the loudest and fullest taverns there."

Kaspar lays a finger to his pointed ears "Showing these around might be a perfect conversation starter in finding an Elf, after all there aren't really that many. With a little bit of luck we might run into somebody recently spotting one, also if she is having to work for her living, there is a fair chance she will have to frequent places like this"

"Of course only if she hasn't a wealthy patron, but no reason to mention that just yet."

"How close will your Associate have to be to find her Eadberht?"

 

OOC: I would think Kaspar has a good working knowledge of taverns and Inns of Anchorhead. Or do I need to roll for history?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightbringer bows as you all stand to depart.  "My thanks to you all for taking on this task for me.  I will await your success here," he says.  As soon as you are all out of the perimeter of the pavilion he returns to his tent and the servants sit to eat themselves.

 

It is now early afternoon.  The traffic on the road is very light as most people are enjoying the noontime meal or an afternoon rest.


OOC:  Kaspar likely has a good idea of the inns and taverns.  The central part of Anchorhead, on the island, is large but not enormous and there are probably about ten combined inns and taverns.  Taverns tend to congregate at the north end of town where the docks are, there are two inns in the central part of town, which is nicer than the docks, close to the market square.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14 HP 22 Initiative: +3


 

 

Gabs the purse still on the table, so it's not being forgotten as they set out.

"So Gentlemen do you already have lodging in Anchorhead, or do we need to settle you in before looking around. There is this lovely Inn with adjoining bar at the market ..."

 

He also thinks real hard about whom to talk first to

 

Name
Charisma Check for good contact
4
1d20+3 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...