Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  5 members  ·  Game Expectations

Tales of Ivalis

First Time Out


Grendel

Recommended Posts


spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


 

 

I do not have a room, but I think by the sounds of it you are describing the inn I stayed at last night.

 

Ehrick walks along with the others. He is a bit surprised when the bat is pulled out, but has seen familiars before. He waits to see if any of the others have any more ideas.

 

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Charisma check
14
1d20-1 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"That and the inns and restaurants, especially those that cater to travelers. She may have wealth now, but it's unlikely she had it when she arrived."

 

Eadberht travels alongside the other members of the party.

 

 

Edited by JohannThierial (see edit history)
Name
Charisma
20
1d20+1 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eadberht thought, and remembered an individual he had heard of when arriving in town: an older woman known simply as Madam Sparrow. She was the operator of a bar in the town's seedier district, but also likely had connections with the underworld, and that meant information.

 

"I can think of someone who might know, though we might want to hide our valuables before we go."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngSilas nods slowly. "Well, that is easily done enough." He tucks the purse that contains his few coins inside his leather breastplate, where it is as secure as it can be. "There. Now, my most valuable possessions all have sharp edges and I advise against anyone trying to take them."

 

As they continue walking, Silas says, "Now that I think about it, there is someone I know in Anchorhead who can help. An old drinking friend works as a scribe down near the docks." He has to search his memory a moment more for the name. "Bruno. He was everyone's drinking friend, actually. Most likely still is, which means he'll have heard the tavern gossip."

 

Silas didn't mention that Bruno made more from selling rumors and gossip than he did writing facts, but they could cross that road when they came to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14 HP 22 Initiative: +3


 

 

"I drew a blank on my own contacts, but I'll be happy to tag along if you think i can be of help. alternatively I can place my but at the bar and keep those open." pointing again to the ears.

Kaspar is slightly annoyed with his inability of providing a contact of his own.

"That man of yours Bruno, sounds like a very good start Silas."

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


 

 

Well, I don't really know anyone around here. So which ever you all want to try is fine by me. But of the two options I definitely side with Bruno over the less savory one.

 

He follows along wherever the others lead. He hopes his skills will not be needed in this little endeavor, but he will do his best to be ready if they are.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new friends make their way back to the city.  From this angle of approach the domed Citadel at the southern end of the island and the high walls make an imposing view, with the banners of he Black Legion flying alongside those of the City and legionnaires alertly standing in the towers.  Crossing the bridge, the smells of the brackish water and human confines assault your noses afresh.  Bypassing the crowded market through the narrow back streets, your noses also lead you the docks in the North.  The fishing boats are all out, but there are several merchantmen in port and the dockside taverns are raucous with sailors.  Two taverns face the piers:  the Blood & Shot and the Sea Serpent.  There is also an inn aptly named the Sailor's Rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KaspaKaspar_token.png.f557392bf9ccae41dcb19ba62d1959cf.pngr of Ederthal Half Elf Bard 3


AC: 14 HP 22 Initiative: +3


 

Kaspar looked around the seedy scenery, he had performed in places like this before, but never in Anchorhead, not yet his luck wasn't that much down. So when he scanned the people moving around his hopes of spotting somebody he knows or that knows him are pretty slim.

"Will Bruno be spooked if we show up there as a whole group?"

"Where might a woman find food and shelter in this kind of place? It would certainly depend on her funds, and after that on her own moral views"

"I don't want to offend anybodies sensibilities, but should we include also the pleasure houses of Anchorhead, in the search? Depending on how desperate for money she is, her heritage would add to her exotic appeal."

 

Name
perception check to see if there is anybody around I know including our target
10
1d20+1 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


 

Ehrick glances about on the street and picks a spot where he can keep an eye on both taverns and the Inn. He strongly hopes she is not in any of these places. From the sounds of what they were told she prefers to live the high life, so he is expecting to find her in the high class areas, not these slums. But then again if she is hiding she won't want to be where she normally would go.

 

Well, you could split up and someone go into each tavern and ask about her and someone go check the Inn. I think I am going to stay out here. Right over there to be exact. And keep an eye out for our elven maiden or someone else hurrying out shortly after you go in. Just in case your inquiries either reach her ears and she tries to flee or someone she knows who is helping her hide. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well, I'm the one who suggested it, so if we do want to split up, I can go, though I'd prefer it if someone come with. How about we meet up in a public place at a specific time later?"

 

Eadberht looks over at Silas.

 

"I think you'd probably get some value out of meeting her, as well, Silas."

Link to comment
Share on other sites


spacer.pngEhrick Archer Human Ranger 2/Fighter 1 


AC: 15, HP: 24/24, Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14


 

Ehrick shakes his head Eadberht replies. 

 

I only meant that rather than all of us going into the same one of the establishments we have right here, maybe we should only have one go into each tavern and one into the Inn and inquire after the lady. Then come back to where I will be standing over there. We will be close enough that if any trouble starts we should all be able to hear it and come to each others aid. That way we get all three of the places checked and if needed can move on faster.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...