The White Hart Inn

Sorithar

23 minutes ago, JagrHunter said:

Nope...heavy crossbow is a round to arm. Unless I missed th estart of the 3rd round?

You seem to have, yes. We're in Round 3, check the OOC in the latest DM post to know the round, FYI. You used Round 2 to arm the crossbow again, per the flavor text.

She tries to track it to its new hiding place in the water and slashes at it with her weapon.

Once in the cold waters of the spring, the floor drops at a precipitous angle. Does Aeruiel proceed..?

It is hard to say. The player in me says "no" for obvious reasons, like logic, but she is RAGING so I have to assume logic is thrown out the window, so ... does she proceed? "Yes".

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

And he is down again!!!! Part of me says, "Let him drown!" Mainly because as a player I am getting so fed up with all the failed combats we are getting into. I think we won 1 fight against a single ant. Since then we have had to retreat and flee from every other fight due to horrible rolls for us and good rolls for them.

Does our cleric have Destroy Water memorized? If not could they or is that a higher level spell than they can cast?

These encounters are pretty high for level 1 characters. Maybe we need to wander the woods grinding some low level encounters to raise our level before trying to take the Roost on?

Um, did we miss some options to deal with low level encounters first and level up before getting to these? If that is the case let us get the heck out of here.

I was under the impression that these were low level encounters designed for 1st level characters. Maybe challenging encounters, but still for low level characters, and that we were just rolling crappy and getting or backsides handed to us.

I did mention we should go back to town sometime ago. Not every encounter needs to be tackled right then and there. We can observe then leave and come back better prepared later on.

I completely understand the irony of what I'm saying right now as my barbarian is in a fit of rage and will likely fight to the death at this moment, but hey ... Those are the pitfalls of being in rage.

Since Rodin fell from the acid attack, he does not get an Attack of Opportunity when the creature flees.

However, Rodin should get a simultaneous Attack of Opportunity on the creature when it uses as ranged attack in a threatened space.

It might not change the attack on Rodin, but it could kill the creature with any luck, or at least injure the foe and make it easier and quicker to put down so Rodin can rescued, or possibly even drive the enemy away with a shock and awe roll long enough for us to fish Rodin's body out of the pond.

It's worth a shot.

If nothing else, try to kill on the way to Valhalla Brother Rhodey!!!!!! 😀

Edited by Terran (see edit history)