Main OOC Thread

iantruesilver

I suggest we keep: all the cure stuff (potions, scrolls, etc) just in case.  Everything else I'm okay with selling, although if people want to keep stuff, I'm not against it either (like alchemical weapons mentioned above).    Maybe also keep at least one of the Unholy symbols of Shiggarreb (Iron) so we can pretend to be from the cult in case we meet them again.

I think we each should try to get the best equipment we can use and if that means that now one person has a bit more than another it will average out in the long run.  Today Barhuce takes a bit more, next time it's me, then it's Rain, etc.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:35 PM, iantruesilver said:

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from in this case.

The Lie is Far Fetched -10 on the check.

Frankly it was "The Lie is Impossible" because ...  "Hey, all these people who were my friends and we were kidnapped together I am suddenly afraid of for no reason so I will ask my kidnapper to rescue me" but that is besides the point.

Rule Zero covers everything.  Any time the rules get in the way of fun, then the rule is ignored.  You thought it was fun so it went.  My issue isn't with you allowing it to work, my issue is with Wiz thinking this is a normal reaction for someone with the wits of a child and the charisma of a drunken father at a softball game.

I have spent a week away from Myth entirely because I feel this is just a no-win situation.  The best thing about RPGs is they are zero-sum, everyone should win.  

And I want to stress in the strongest way possible that this is MY problem, not anyone elses.  I am not trying to tell anyone else how to have fun.  But the question was asked, is anything killing the fun and this is killing my fun.  I could try to roll with it and go along but I just do not see it not becoming an issue again.  And then it would build up and blow out over an even more minor moment.  Better to make a clean break.

Thank you Ian for the opportunity.  I did find some parts of Domino which synced for me and if someone else ever pitches Iron again, I will have a better view of her.

Thank you all for putting up with me.  Good luck.  See you around the campus.

As a housekeeping matter:  I expect that you will take care of each other within your team during downtime.  ie.  If your comrades were wounded during battle earlier in the day, it would be prudent say to apply whatever healing/treatment for them to efficiently recover their HP, rather than rely on the 1HP/level regained per 8 hours of normal sleep.

• 4 months later...

So 8 hours of work between the 4 who can do the work: 1 hr spent failing to make a durable cold-iron bolt

How many admantine and cold iron arrows/bolts do we have?

Lets go with 2 bottled lightning? so 5 hours remain.

1 hrs worth of alchemist fire (6 flasks) and the remainder on admantine arrows/bolts?

• 5 weeks later...

I've just been blocked by Discord and I have no idea why. I wasn't really doing anything on the site, just reading the last messages. I got a 'message load failed' message and I refreshed the page and then it said I was blocked. Anybody any idea what it can be?

• 3 months later...

Greetings everyone, and a Happy New Year (American style) to all wherever and whenever you are in the world.  I know that I have been on hiatus for quite a bit now, and in all likelihood that will continue for some time yet; however, I wanted to tell you I was thinking of you all through Yuletide (or whatever you care to call your winter-solstice celebration).  I want you all to know that I and my daughter are well, as is my SO – our family is thriving, and the time I’ve taken from being with all of my friends on myth weavers has been going to them.  Some of you know the work-related issues that have necessitated my hiatus, and those circumstances are still not resolved; but I wanted to say that I miss you all, and let my GMs know that you may continue to do whatever you like with my characters for the time being.

My love and my thanks to everyone, and I’m sorry that some are not getting more personal messages, but my feelings toward my fellow gamers is still strong and positive.  I hope myth-weavers thrives in my absence.  Be well and may the new year grace you all with abundance!