Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

Yeah, that was where the idea of going back and re-leveling if desired was coming from. Otherwise, it would definitely be a while!

Book I'm looking at is the Deluxe WWN Base book. While I do have Atlas, I don't reference it often.

Yeah, I have Deluxe (I bought it just for this game) that's why I'm a Blood Priest. I don't know what Atlas is, is it worth getting?
I get another miracle at 4th - I might take Fear No Flame, and just walk around causing fires somehow.
as for the next foci, perhaps 'Unique gift', and work on something with you @Powderhorn to manifest from the magic we've now been exposed to?

Since we are discussing character mechanics... I can confidently say that I am not 100% sure I know what I am doing, but I think Iphigenia will remain similar, conceptually, to what she is now, unless something particularly dramatic happens. So I think I'll keep focusing on her face skills, with some background skills added for diversity and survivability.

She's probably better suited for the social aspects of the game and some politics, but since we may need some of that (e.g. negotiating with the orcs), I am hoping that she will be able to contribute (if not, I'll try to contribute in other ways).

It would be rather nice to find a pic of her where she doesn't have pink hair as that is starting to annoy me but we'll see :)

@Vladim I don't know where you sourced your original image for Iphigenia but maybe it would be possible to get that Chat GPT guy everyone is always talking about to switch up her hair color without re-drawing the whole character?

Giving the book a quick perusal access to the magical arts at the cost of a focus does seem feasible as a nice work around.

10 hours ago, Vladim said:

I think ChatGPT doesn't do images; other AI tools might but I can't be bothered...

I'll try to get a post up tonight or tomorrow!

I wouldn't say that too often. CHAT GPT (whose virtual reign I fully support) monitors a lot of web forums....

11 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Her hair is pink, and not brown...? :o

It looks pink in the picture (unfortunately), but if it's brown to others, then yes please-let's make that canon!

I have a whole raft of design and photo manipulation tools, (adobe suite + others including Adobe Firefly - ethically trained AI artbot)
give me a description of your character and the photo you use as a bases and I'll try and come up with something for you.

6 hours ago, 8w_gremlin said:

I have a whole raft of design and photo manipulation tools, (adobe suite + others including Adobe Firefly - ethically trained AI artbot)
give me a description of your character and the photo you use as a bases and I'll try and come up with something for you.

Sure! It's not really a big deal, to be honest, so don't waste your time on it. But if you can easily get her hair brown (or any realistic color, really) then go for it!

I generally go for less cartoony, more realistic / grounded art, but I like this one, so I don't mind it otherwise staying as-is.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, 8w_gremlin said:

I don't know what Atlas is, is it worth getting?

as for the next foci, perhaps 'Unique gift', and work on something with you @Powderhorn to manifest from the magic we've now been exposed to?

Re: Atlas - it's mostly about the Latter Earth setting, which we're not using. I don't know that you necessarily need it.

For the Unique Gift, I'm entirely OK with using that as a way to look into magic.

6 hours ago, 8w_gremlin said:

Also just checking is Freeharbour were we came from?
I wasn't sure we had a name.

The location you came from does not, as yet, have a name! Freeharbour is from an earlier group in this part of the map. If you look at the map thus far, the easternmost explored section is where you guys started.

I was pretty sure Haven is where the group settled. Or is Haven where we were going to settle and abandoned it after the thing with Captain Stoddart? Which would make the current Free Harbor where the abandoned stone buildings were? Or at least close to them?

@Vladim As for the debate on Iphigenia's hair, I always took it as reddish-brown, leaning towards red. Now that I am inspecting it more closely the pinkish part looks to me like a trick of the sun glare that seems to be coming in from behind her portrait.

Haven was the first settlement for your group - then there was New Haven at the mouth of the river where the falling out with Stoddert was, and then another settlement was established over the stone ruins of an ancient harbor with the statue to Wushall.