Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

tidying up spear throw mess - 16 to hit, 11 dmg with Koji's bonus (snap attack resolved after that). Vet's luck may not be needed.

Stavard walks up to bad guy this round and is snap attacking again after PC side resolves, if he has vet luck up its a guaranteed hit.

2.6.1 in the SRD does have chase/pursuit rules 🤓

2.6.1 Foot Chases The group member in the fleeing party with the best Dex/Exert or Con/Exert total rolls a skill check. Their result is the fleeing group’s pace, as they help and encourage the slower members. Other fleeing group members then hinder pursuit in whatever ways they think are helpful. Sometimes a skill check is needed, while other times a GM will simply decide it works. Each successful effort adds a +1 bonus to the pace, up to +3 maximum. Botched efforts are either unhelpful or apply a -1 penalty if they’re actively harmful. If the fleeing group is made up of NPCs, it’s the GM’s judgment as to whether any of them try to do something clever to stall the PCs. The pursuing group then makes a single Dex/Exert or Con/Exert skill check, modified by the table below. If they beat the fleeing group’s total they catch up to them, and if they tie or roll less the fleeing party has escaped immediate pursuit.

Situation Mod

There are more pursuers than pursued -1

The pursued have no head start at all +2 “

have one round’s head start +1 “

have less than a minute’s head start +0 “

have more than a minute’s head start -2

Who knows the local terrain better? -2 to +2

The pursuit is half-hearted or obligatory -1

The pursuers are enraged or vengeful +1

I have to figure out how that factors in with invisibility as well. That said, Karadoon's blow felled the last fighter, so I just need to update that tomorrow after work; and see what we can see for the caster. Will likely involve some combination of the chase mechanics helpfully shared above and a notice roll.

4 minutes ago, matt_s said:

@thesloth i think it's you.

@Vladim unless powder says otherwise the last warrior is currently still standing

my guess is that we'll have to track the blood trail and catch the mage when they run out of invisibility.

He did say otherwise, a few posts above this one-Karadoon apparently finished him off.

Re: The two heading with the refugees - on my end I'd prefer it just be a bit of handwavium and not make a big deal, because I realized right in the middle of combat that they really had just been very quiet throughout the chapter, and just kinda looked back and was like, "Oh, they're not here."

I generally try very hard not to NPC former PCs, it's just more to juggle than I terribly want, hence why I try to get them out of the scene ASAP when it happens.