Out of Character Chat

Powderhorn

No, they seem to have become a bit of a collector item. I'm really surprised given the expense to operate them. Are you looking at the CJ/Wrangler types or the more passenger oriented Cherokees?

15 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

SOrry everyone for my mental health absence. I am back.

Hello Back! I'm Grem

Glad you're back, and you never have to apologise for taking care of yourself, mentally, physically or emotionally.

19 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

CJ / Wrangler types

Those have definitely "kept value" at a far greater level than I would have expected in the last three to four years. Due to parts shortages and warranty repair issues during COVID I had Jeep Gladiator rental for about 4 months. I was surprised that I didn't hate it.

I also think they took a lot from the Army HMMWV. Minus the turbo diesel engine. But the dimensions and overall frame really reminded me of the early 90's baseline HIMMWV. At least on the open bed Gladiator model I had.

I thought we were using that as sort of non-sequiter/non-linear area to discuss character development stuff since a two week boat ride would be a lot of down time.

No worries - I definitely have used threads like that before (and in this setting!) - just to make it clearer for people, I created an Errata thread for future such situations. I'm trying to split the posts off into it, but where I'm a mod, I have options to move them into any thread anywhere on the forum, and... my computer is not liking that. May just have to leave them where they are, and then use the Errata thread for the future.

Re: Car search - a place definitely tried to sell me a Jeep that required a new clutch the most out of any I have ever seen: It wouldn't even go into gear. I genuinely don't know how it got onto the lot. Search continues, but I'm off on Friday, so maybe I'll have some better luck letting stockpiles increase through the week and checking out what's on offering then. May just go practical and get something with good city mileage, since that's primarily what I'd be using it for anyway.

I have loved the 4WD Tacoma I got for my wife. Decent gas mileage and we have been able to navigate snow/mud in the mountains pretty well. But, we ain't rock crawling with it by any stretch of the imagination.

5 hours ago, thesloth said:

+3 for dex bonus,

i can't actually see your character sheet but double check how you calculated dex bonus, an 18 in WWN is only +2. it is possible to get +3 dex through stuff like developed attribute though so it could be correct.

Well, I only got a +0 and no skill ranks so anything above that is an improvement.

But I do have the expert's thingy which allows a reroll once per scene.

Still, I think Iphigenia can be with the scouts if only for the principle of it...