The First Step

Ruess

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 1, Level 1, Init 1, HP 14/14, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14
Conditions None

"So something or someone exceptionally potent showed up, blasted their way out of the underground, and then... returned back down rather than escaping into the city?" Kal inquired as he mused over the man's words, as well as the information Doallyn managed to speak. "That seems like a lot of effort... If they planned to attack the surface then surely they would have wanted to take advantage of the surprise and burst through at once... And Durnan is missing... Could he have been enough of a concern for... whatever did this... that they'd go to such efforts just to abduct him? Or... maybe he chased off whomever did this and pursued them into the catacombs? But wouldn't he have left some sort of warning or..."

The dragon prattled on for a bit, considering all of the information out loud as he digested it, clearly trying to hypothesize just what the goal of the attack was. Eventually, though, he shakes his head to clear it of the bubbling, contemplative thoughts and looks back towards the armored warrior. "Well, no need to ask! I was already planning on heading down to catch up to Ser Aluric! I... don't suppose you know if he used this entrance back to the Underdark, did he?" the dragon seemed almost sheepish to ask the question, quite unlike the long external monologue of questions from before.

Lucas Léonide BlaiseAge 26 | Height 6''0 | Weight 126 lbs. | Hair Blonde | Eyes Gold | Complexion Fair skinned

This male appears to be between five foot nine and six feet, he is clad in scaled-mail baring the symbol of St Cuthbert; god of retribution. His hair is blonde reaching down as far as the edge of his ears with no curls or knots, though the subtle glint of oil portrays a lack of hygiene. Rounded features specifically around his nose, chin, and eyes give the impression that his origins are initially human, despite his unusual birth as an Aasimar.

His equipment consists of the aforementioned scaled-mail which is strapped over a green doublet with a second layer of brown leathers. His shoulders carry the straps of a backpack that appears to be full of various odds and ends; the outer layer consisting of iron buckles, a bedroll, and waterskin all strapped neatly against the burlap folds. His belt has two pouches that lay strapped shut, just beyond them is the hilt of a battleaxe on his right side.
| "My Speech" | 'My thoughts' | My actions.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/97/f7/e6/97f7e6e1fce46d0212e768a2f41c9a06.jpgMale Lawful Good Lesser Aasimar 1, Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed 30ft
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus +1  
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 14
Conditions None

Maneuver Grid

Known Maneuvers Numerical Value
CRUSADER’S STRIKE 1
VANGUARD STRIKE 2
STONE BONES 3
LEADING THE ATTACK 4
CHARGING MINOTAUR 5

Lucas nods in recognition of Rolf's negative feelings, the emotion was mutual between the two of them. It didn't surprise him that his family had ventured so far from his homeland to seek fame, in-fact it was almost inspiring to be in the footsteps of his forebears. In the wake of all that was happening around them; the mysterious fire, what Roy suggests to be a sabotage attempt, and the increase in crime, it seemed almost imperative that someone step in immediately to try and restore order. Without much thought on the matter Lucas crosses his arms and openly suggests what he assumed would be a one way trip. "Then the visions have drawn us all here for a purpose, and were not unfounded .. Lets venture beneath the tavern and discern what has happened for the good of the city, at the very least if we discover something dangerous we can double back to inform someone of import, correct?"

DESCRIPTION Elia is a small kobold, well, a dragon really, barely over 2' tall with a tail that is actually a bit longer than she is tall. Her scales are purple, violet, and pink shades, quite vibrant, and her eyes are a luminous aqua blue-green (heavy on the blue). Her fins are more flexible than that of standard kobolds with stronger, more controlled support spines that allow her to flex and relax them, giving her much better control maneuvering in water than her land-bound brethren.

Her "leather" armor, a bluish-gray toned material is rough to the touch, covered in small cartilage ridges from the sea eel its crafted from.
| SHEET
spacer.pngElia Argus
Female, Neutral Good, Dragonwrought Water Kobold, Warlock 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 19/15/15 | HP: 6/6 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+0/+1/+0/+3 | F/R/W: +0/+4/+2 | Move: 30', Swim 30', Climb 20'
Darkvision 60', DR 2 / Cold Iron, Eldritch Blast 60' RTA 1d6 (20/x2)

Barely able to contain herself Elia's tail twitched and her feet shuffled with excitement as she took the shiny amulet in both hands. She spoke quietly so as not to disrupt the conversation, "Oohhh... shiny and water! Okay, okay. I can do that." Her head dipped repeatedly in excitement as she held the amulet and thought of rain in all its wonderful forms, wishing for the amulet to keep going and going and going,

Distracted by the amulet itself as she studied it and the rain it created she hummed quietly and began to play in the water moments later, not paying the least attention to the serious exchange going on around her. This was the best day she'd had since setting out from home those many weeks ago. This water from a shiny amulet was simply amazing and she would be certain to get one for herself before she returned home! "Rainy... *hmmm* *mmhmm* ... Splashy... *hmm*" The only thing she did seem to be attentive to was making sure the water continued to fall on the armored figure as well, shifting behind him to be out of the way as needed.

OoC

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

spacer.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male Neutral Good  Human Wizard,

Init +1 

HP: 5/5 

Speed: 30

AC: 11

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 10,

Fort +1 / Ref +1 / Will +3

Base Attack Bonus: +0

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

Doallyn was finally able to start to breathe again normally after having been back out in the fresh air.  The nagging burn still lingered in his throat but it was manageable now compared to before. He listened to the armor clad man speak. 

I will not sit here and lie. My first and main purpose to being here in finding out what happen to my grandfather.  His name is Myrddin, though he may have chosen a different alias upon traveling here. 

He wasn't sure if the name would be recognized by the other men from the tavern.  The Conjurer somewhat hoped that one of them might have seen him, spoken to him, or was even acquainted with him to some degree. 

His journal before his disappearance was filled with random writing. Most of it consisting of wild rants and mad raving of similar visions, doom prophecies, and mention of this Undermountain. For so long as it seems that finding answers to what has happened to him, and what is going on here with the city are parallel, then I will more than willingly provide any aid that I can.  

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)
Name
Knowledge: The Planes
1d20+5 12
Knowledge: The Planes
1d20+5 17

"Oohhh... shiny and water! Okay, okay. I can do that"

You can see a small thing in Roy. He speaks still like a normal person and still moves with a limb but you eventually notice that he gestures, indicates and moves just like a normal person who is speaking except with the difference that he does so with an intentional slowness as well as with a frequent glance at where Elia was last time. 

"You don't need to ask.  To help I came, to see Undermountain I came."

I... don't suppose you know if he used this entrance back to the Underdark, did he?"

if we discover something dangerous we can double back to inform someone of import, correct?"

Roy

"This is the only entrance that does not lead to a trap or ambush. It is also the only way in that also leads out,"963102255_EcafRomra.png.7f45272667f150b2311cb214b3e84820.png
Roy answers. "If you are willing to wait for a runner to be sent I can summon for a magician to rid the smoke, so that we can get strarted as soon as possible. I'll keep watch and operate the machinery myself. With Rofl, if he is willing."

Roy looks to Rolf. The old fisherman sighs and rubs his face in a manner that tells you Rolf really doesn't want to but the older man answers :"Send a runner to the wife, and tell her I'm busy being a hero." 

Roy murmurs an affirmative turns back to address the six of you.. 

"Normally there is a fee for the use of the pit mechanism but let's forget that. We have more pressing matters. As for the persons you seek, I did see several heroic types these last days but they are all absent. I find that worrying. If you give me a descriptor or a sketch I can ask around. And dig my memory... But I can make no promises."

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 1, Level 1, Init 1, HP 14/14, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Conditions None

"Why wait! Smoke's not an issue to a dragon, I'll just fly down and-," Kaldakaczil's excitement to catch up to his knightly mentor left him declare, before the bitter reality of his current enfeebled state hit him and he returned, shyly, sitting where he was - giving a nod of agreement to the plan to fetch someone to clear the smoke so they could start their quest as soon as possible.

When the question came up for descriptions, the gold would wait his turn before describing the person he was questing for. "Ser Aluric is a mature wood elf paladin, bearing a holy symbol of Bahamut and blonde hair. He's pretty hard to miss! But... I guess with all the confusion it might have been possible."

Edited by Amoren (see edit history)

Lucas Léonide BlaiseAge 26 | Height 6''0 | Weight 126 lbs. | Hair Blonde | Eyes Gold | Complexion Fair skinned

This male appears to be between five foot nine and six feet, he is clad in scaled-mail baring the symbol of St Cuthbert; god of retribution. His hair is blonde reaching down as far as the edge of his ears with no curls or knots, though the subtle glint of oil portrays a lack of hygiene. Rounded features specifically around his nose, chin, and eyes give the impression that his origins are initially human, despite his unusual birth as an Aasimar.

His equipment consists of the aforementioned scaled-mail which is strapped over a green doublet with a second layer of brown leathers. His shoulders carry the straps of a backpack that appears to be full of various odds and ends; the outer layer consisting of iron buckles, a bedroll, and waterskin all strapped neatly against the burlap folds. His belt has two pouches that lay strapped shut, just beyond them is the hilt of a battleaxe on his right side.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/97/f7/e6/97f7e6e1fce46d0212e768a2f41c9a06.jpgMale Lawful Good Lesser Aasimar 1, Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed 30ft
Conditions None

Maneuver Grid

CRUSADER’S STRIKE 1
VANGUARD STRIKE 2
STONE BONES 3
LEADING THE ATTACK 4
CHARGING MINOTAUR 5

Nodding, Lucas agrees with Roy with a short resolution; "Yes, that would be best". Assuming he would have some time to prepare, Lucas takes a few steps off to the side of the group and sits somewhere comfortable. He would need the energy for the trials ahead; expecting danger almost immediately upon arrival.  

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpg"Descending to Underdark is exactly what I have come so far to do, for the glory of the Goddess Sune. It sounds like there is some coming and going in the catacombs. Can you or anyone give us an idea of what to expect down there? Are there any maps?"

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
M CG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init 0, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 3, Ref 0, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
  Crossbow, light (Bolts (20)) 0 (1d8, 19–20/×2)
  Studded Leather Armor, Light Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None

OOC

Armour Chapel*The* southmost ward of the city. Several City Watch officers live here.

JehaFourth weekday, 22th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

6:23 MorningThere are 24 hours to a day.

You meet one people. The introductions had to be done fast but they were adequate.

While you are making introductions, Roy drafts up a very quick map of what he thinks you should expect.

Sunshine

Sunrise is a lizardfolk of small stature and small size. Her scales are a striking, potent hue of jade. You see neither armor nor clothes on her, only a substantiveimage.jpeg.cd18531e1ce141819c9d1c7386708a65.jpeg amount of jewelry made of gold and socketed with gemstones. Oh, and a whole lot of arrows in a quiver, as well as several ornaments on both her claws and fangs that gleam with magic. You know from Rolf's previous comment that this is Sunshine, Rolf's best customer who buys rawns by the boxful, and by the look of her and the rather large spider climbing on her you are fairly sure she's not just some random nobody.

Sunshine offers you all a smile full of pointy fangs and a heavily sibilant "Hellloo," 

After the introductions you are bade the best of fortune by Roy.

The lift is metal. There is elbow room for all six of you, easily, but the feel of the metal underfoot feels off to your senses.

And then...

Roy's Last Briefing To You. Ignore It At Your Own Peril

Once the lift plummets into the darkness below, you are on your own. IF the lift works and the way has not been barred by evil, you will find yourself in the tomb of The Old Watcher. He was a watchman in life and continued his vigil in death after holding the line against an invading marauder horde.

You must acquire the final Hexagonal Key from The Old Watcher - IF he still has it. Roy expects the Old Watcher to have been destroyed or bent to darker purposes. Roy would rather that you didn't crack open every tomb, casket and sarcophagus that you find but the Hexagonal Key must be found and as such he will accept all the blame if you must do so.

Without they Hexagonal Key, you cannot call upon Roy if you need a rapid exit, nor will the lift enter Undermountain without great risk.

Lastly, the Hexagonal Key can allow one person possessing it to send a message to the other side of the lift - so you can call Roy and Rolf if you find it and can get it to function in full.

You fall

Through the world

Through a gate

Into a pit

Into shadows 

Into darkness

You fall 

foreverohgodit'slookingatyouit'slookingatyouit'slookingatyouandit'slookingatyouandyoucan'trun

And when it is over you are somewhere else.

The walls around you, surrounding you, they are sandstone and dirt, both of them artfully packed until they will hold. You see no cracks to tell of great movings of the earth. There are scones for torches but they are bent and singed. You can see sad remains of what could have been torches still lingering in them. Ahead, there opens the only way forward. The ceiling is very high, and it used to bear artful carvings of runes and glyphs but all of them are gone, touched by a flame whose touch you can feel filling the air with its heat still and burning much of the air that was in here.

The sandstone floor stretches ahead, and you can see that sarcophagi and caskets both line the way forward. It will not be a wide path, but two of you could walk side-by-side on it. Of light you see no indicator, yet you also hear nothing. There is no wind. But also there is no moaning of dead awoken from their rest.

The Old Watcher's tomb awaits you. All you have to do is walk forward until you find his resting chambers.And pray that neither he nor his possible allies have been awakened by malignant magics because if that happens, this trip will get ugly in a hurry

What next, friends?

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Conditions None

Kaldakaczil held little reservation when it came time to converse with Sunshine. It was perhaps the first time he had met a lizardfolk, but when compared to kobolds and his fellow dragons, a larger scaled humanoid wasn't too eye raising for the young gold.

When it came time to start the long journey down, the feral creature was a mixture of excitement laced with a hint of fear. It was not his first time traveling beneath the earth, after all, and his eagerness to catch back up to Ser Aluric helped to animate the dragon forward. At the same time, mostly-faded memories told him that there was good reason to be wary of the darkness that lurked beyond his exceptional senses. especially the deeper down they went.

When at last the lift came to a stop, the gold dragon quickly slithered off of the metal contraption and back onto solid stone, casting his gaze back and forth to peer off into the distance for any threats. His head tilted to the side noticing the torches doused or ruined, then towards the various sarcophagi that lined their path. "I can see quite far into the darkness," the weakened dragon murmured quietly, turning to look to his companions as he whispered, "...I suppose I should walk abreast with Lucas to keep a look out for danger as we move ahead?"

Name
Perception
1d20+3 9

CgmkBYM.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male Neutral Good  Human Wizard,

Init +1 

HP: 5/5 

Speed: 30

AC: 11

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 10,

Fort +1 / Ref +1 / Will +3

Base Attack Bonus: +0

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

Doallyn attempted to adjust his eyes to the darkness. However it wasn't just dimly lit in the pit, it was just pure black darkness. His human vision was not going to cut it down here without an extra light source. 

It would seem those with eyes more adaptable to these darker conditions will probably have to be the ones leading the way. At least until we can see about a better light source down here.  We can try and see if we can get any of the scones working before we delve deeper. 

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgHe grins with excitement as they plummet into the depths, and he hops off the lift the moment they reach the bottom. He strikes a sunrod against the floor and it blazes for, lighting the chamber. "Well, onward to glory! Could someone carry the light then? Got one hand for my weapon, one for my shield, but not a third one for this sunrod here." He grins like he's said something very clever. When they do get moving, he peers at the tombs that they pass, looking for clues pointing to the location of the key.

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
M CG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init 0, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 3, Ref 0, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
  Crossbow, light (Bolts (20)) 0 (1d8, 19–20/×2)
  Studded Leather Armor, Light Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None

OOC

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)
Name
Search Tombs
1d20+1 12

spacer.pngChira eats a berry and gives one to her wolf, the holds out her hand, "A meal one berry will replace, and heal a minor wound.  For today they remain potent.  One or two if you wish, you may take."

There are 11 berries in her hand.  As the bat stands there her eyes and ears continue to move about to catch any possible signs of enemies.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)
Name
Goodberry x 3
6d4 1,3,4,3,1,1
Perception
1d20+11 10

Conditions None

Maneuver Grid

CRUSADER’S STRIKE 1
VANGUARD STRIKE 2
STONE BONES 3
LEADING THE ATTACK 4
CHARGING MINOTAUR 5

Lucas checks the contents of his backpack, ensuring everything was where it should be. He did not wish to find himself without the provisions he had intentionally stocked up on prior to arriving in town. After careful examination he places his pack back upon his shoulders and then preemptively draws his axe from its resting place. "It's going to be a long night" he says, to no one in particular. As he and everyone else mount the lift, the young Lucas begins to wonder what it is they would find resting below the city.