The First Step

Ruess

Robin Kirkko

egXhMPu.jpgRobin tenses as the creature appears, being left with only his look of shock as it vanishes. "Well, I don't know what that was--it wasn't undead. It was some kind of outsider. I could makes some guesses about what plane it was from, but that would only be based on its appearance. Whatever else is down here, I think we should face tomorrow after we get some rest."

Description

Robin is a straw haired tomcat. He is tall, strapping, and handsome, with blonde hair carefully tousled for a rakish look, blue eyes, and a strong jaw. He always dresses in clothes that show off his physique. He is, as one would expect of a cleric of Sune, incredibly vain and considers his hair his best feature. His focus on superficial matters might give the impression that he isn't all that bright. One the other hand, be sincerely sees the beauty in other people--whether outer beauty or inner beauty. He carries a shield depicting the face of a beautiful red haired maiden, and has a rosary of glass beads with the same symbol on the end dangling from his belt.

Stat Block

Robin Kirkko
M CG Human Cleric, Level 1, Init 0, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 14, Fort 3, Ref 0, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Morning Star  +2 (1d8+2, x2)
  Dagger   (1d4, 19–20/×2)
  Crossbow, light (Bolts (20)) 0 (1d8, 19–20/×2)
  Studded Leather Armor, Light Wooden Shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
Condition None

OOC

Edited by Chaz Hoosier (see edit history)

CgmkBYM.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male Neutral Good  Human Wizard,

Init +1 

HP: 5/5 

Speed: 30

AC: 11

Touch: 11 / Flat-footed: 10,

Fort +1 / Ref +1 / Will +3

Base Attack Bonus: +0

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14

Doallyn wasn't sure what the outsider was, but he could agree that whatever the thing was, it had been possessing the dark spellcaster. 

Agreed.  I am out of useful spells.  And while I might be able to swing a sword, or use a crossbow I'd be much more useful with some spells available again.  Rest would be the best course of action I think after all that.  Some... time away from this place would probably also be welcome.  After all that I feel a bit uneasy. 

spacer.pngChira nods, "To go above and rest, the desire of many it is.  This we should do.  Before we are leaving... the hexagonal key, may I briefly hold?"  The strange bat creature puts out a hand toward Kald.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 1, Level 1, Init 1, HP 14/14, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14
Conditions None

The dragon shrugged, turning to offer the key to the bat druid when she asked to see it. "I'm rather good to continue... No injuries to speak of, if the most immediate threats is dealt with I suppose it wouldn't be too bad to let you lot recover. Although... Shouldn't we try to rouse the Old-Watcher to stand vigil in case of further intrusions from the Underdark in our stead if we do so?"

spacer.pngChira takes the hexagonal key and whispers words, making signs over it, observing it very closely.

oocCast Detect Magic

Name
Perception (with Detect Magic as well)
1d20+11 13
Spellcraft 1
1d20+8 15
Spellcraft 2
1d20+8 8
Spellcraft 3
1d20+8 4

Armour Chapel*The* southmost ward of the city. Several City Watch officers live here.

JehaFourth weekday, 22th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

8:37 MorningThere are 24 hours to a day.

Yawning Pit Interior (Or was it Yawning Abyss? Yawning Hole?)

BigBiz2.jpg.c8cf587f5212bdd9996f45d0e9c76236.jpg

Chira, Doallyn and Kaldakaczil all have their go at holding the Hexagonal Key and find it easy to use for calling up Roy. Once each of them has done that it is very easy to call Roy up so that he and Rolf can bring you back up to the surface. It is much smoother going and much more pleasant as well. 

Once up and out of the darkness you find the tavern much like you left it.

The smell of smoke lingers still but you see several apprentice mages at work trying to conjure up a solution under Varon's eyes. Much of the furniture has been moved to the side; the doors and windows are still as open. Some dismayed customers can be heard on the street wherein they bemoan the absence of a local man and a hearty pint of ale. You are certain you hear Rolf out on the street keeping peace and shooing off thirsty customers with some City Watch members.

Roy

"Gods be good, the heroes return!" Roy cheers at the sight of you and your spoils. In particular, you see Roy note the black mage and the dark tool said mage wielded. "Welcome back. Come, sit. Share your tale. Hold a moment, I shall retriv His Lordship and Her Hissyness,"image.png.05b8037471cd0ed6c060996ff6ce84ac.png , 

None of you need a healer urgently, and thus you are in no hurry, but you do seat yourself where you best find an intact seat. There are not many, you note, not unless you are willing to sit on soot-painted wood. It is not long until Roy arrives with Sunshine and Lord Harm Mortton. The former hisses you an enthused hello and the latter gives you an acknowledging nod. 

After that, you are invited to share what you found in the crypts. Roy follows and nods often as you explain, as does Sunshine, although he is much more animated and keen to ask more where Sunshine nods without much comment. Lord Harm Mortton offers neither... In fact the lord says nothing beyond looking hither-tither in thought.

"I imagine you wish to arrange sales for your spoils?," Roy inquires once you are done. "Be there anything you want examined by an expert or is it all fit for salvage and sales?"

CgmkBYM.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male Neutral Good  Human Wizard,

Init +1 

Doallyn glanced over to the assorted items they'd brought up from below. 

There are a few items I'd prefer to see destroyed given their origin and intended use. A few potential could be melted down and still hold some value, such as the silver.  While the idea of selling things for funds, to find better gear if the intent is to descend again, I have greater concerns on finding cultists so close early on into our exploration. Especially cultists of Yeenoghu.

He motioned at the flail. 

I can only assume that one of those other entrances you mentioned with a trap or ambush, has a clear path for the less than savory types we found? Does the City Watch keep tabs on these locations? Do they even know where they are or just know they exist by word of mouth?  Even if it might not be safe to enter, keeping eyes on who or what is going through those passages might be beneficial on what to expect going down again. 

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 1, Level 1, Init 1, HP 14/14, Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Conditions None

Kaldakaczil did his very best to not let his eyes linger too much on the silver coins gathered from their defeated foes. Which wasn't too effective, considering a wyrmling was when a metallic had the least control over their species' inherit avarice, but it was clear that he was trying at least.

"There is always the possibility that they originally came from the bottom," Kaldakaczil rumbled contemplatively as he settled around with the rest of the party. "At least, some of the rumors I caught on the lips of people in the city spoke of a mad archmage... Assuming they are true, it wouldn't be beyond reason to assume he made some pacts with powers most vile, the boons of which these fiendish benefactors might still possess. Or... They could have just slipped through in the initial chaos caused by the attack, but that seems almost too coincidental."

"On another matter, Doallyn... I presume you had gotten a sense of the black mage's spellwork during his ritual? Can you tell if he was the one that had broken the wards protecting the exit? Or, anyone else that got a look over both the auras lingering on the ward and from the ritual?"

DESCRIPTION Elia is a small kobold, well, a dragon really, barely over 2' tall with a tail that is actually a bit longer than she is tall. Her scales are purple, violet, and pink shades, quite vibrant, and her eyes are a luminous aqua blue-green (heavy on the blue). Her fins are more flexible than that of standard kobolds with stronger, more controlled support spines that allow her to flex and relax them, giving her much better control maneuvering in water than her land-bound brethren.

Her "leather" armor, a bluish-gray toned material is rough to the touch, covered in small cartilage ridges from the sea eel its crafted from.
| SHEET
spacer.pngElia Argus
Female, Neutral Good, Dragonwrought Water Kobold, Warlock 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 19/15/15 | HP: 6/6 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+0/+1/+0/+3 | F/R/W: +0/+4/+2 | Move: 30', Swim 30', Climb 20'
Darkvision 60', DR 2 / Cold Iron, Eldritch Blast 60' RTA 1d6 (20/x2)

Elia, excited about returning for her own reason, which became clear soon enough, quite literally darted up the wall itself, not waiting to be drawn up on the lift. She didn't interrupt the others while they bring the lift up but its clear that its taking all her willpower to do so as she fidgets while waiting. As soon as the others reach the tavern Elia darts over to Roy and taps on his legs to get his attention.

Smiling up at the warrior she asks him quite directly, "Roy sir. Can I hold the water amulet outside for a bit? Pleeaaaseeee!" The little kobold quite literally can't stand still and is all but hopping from one foot to the other in eagerness. Its obvious that she was in such a hurry specifically for this reason alone.

OoC

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

spacer.pngChira looks thoughtful, "If nothing there is, that anyone wants; sell everything to gain maximum coinage we can.  If money we are having, a place there is, you can recommend for needful things to be bought?"

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

Armour Chapel*The* southmost ward of the city. Several City Watch officers live here.

JehaFourth weekday, 22th49 days to a month, except Mesha is a day short of MeshaFirst month of the year, out of eight in total.

8:40 MorningThere are 24 hours to a day.

Yawning Pit Interior (Or was it Yawning Abyss? Yawning Hole?)

BigBiz2.jpg.c8cf587f5212bdd9996f45d0e9c76236.jpg

Roy

"Little Friend Elia!" you can hear Roy cheer in an instant when Elia makes herself known. Barely a moment later he has her in a big, scooping hug-

And that is when he realizes his actions, whereupon Roy pauses to let Elia down. Youimage.png.05b8037471cd0ed6c060996ff6ce84ac.png can see the moment the full realization sinks in, and the coughing that follows right after to fight down what must be a heavy blush. "Of course, of course," he offers, and presents Elia the amulet after some digging in his armor's pouches. "Try not to shower on anyone who doesn't need it. Try the garden or ask Sunny in the cold rooms if she needs more ice, alright?" 

Roy gives up trying to look dignified and motions for Lord Mortton to come on over to talk business to you while Roy himself focuses on trying not to sound like a village loon. "Your Lordship? I fear you need to help little old me here, I'm...not on very good standing with the...um...City Watch...(lease don't ask

You can hear him positively fighting his fluster and clreaing his throat ever so often. He doesn't manage too well by the sound he's making.

Lord Harm Mortton of The Black Eyerie

The aging lord remains standing despite the offered seating but he also makes no fuss over whether any of you remain seated or standing.

He does try to look at your items piled up for examinationg rather than yourdream_TradingCard(9).jpg.dc3cd410f70fb68a3c2626ddab289ec9.jpg persons in the eye, although he does glance at your general directions ever so often as he speaks. His voice is wispy and a bit miasmic, rather like smoke you think. Furthermore, if Roy was animated in speaking and tended to nod while you spoke and flails with his hands when he offered words in return, Lord Mortton is the direct opposite and about as emotive as a stone gargoyle. He barely seems to blink and his hands remain tightly behind his back. You barely even see his lips move!

"It will be of interest to you that the Khenrian Church offers a bounty on all manner of vile things, much like the City Council offers bounties on lawbreakers. You may wish to visit the sanctum beside this business as a patrol from their militant branch recently arrive therein. You may also be interested in knowing that due to recent events the City Watch has become very willing to add many members of the lawful faiths in their ranks, which would mean that a person of nobility," Here the lord looks directly at Doallyn and then to Robin "Will have a much easier time finding them willing to offer their knowledge to persons of adventurous nature who has the confidence of a priest. You may also find it of interest to yourselves that even the underworld's members have opted to act towards a certain degree of common good if you should either acquire or desire goods and services of certain unconventional nature.

The lord allows you some time to note what you will of his response before he continues.

"You will find several businesses in this city. Their quality is frequently to a standard quality lest they lose business or receive visits from irate customers. I do know Roy and Rolf prefer their material equipments worked upon by a troupe of elven magicians who apparently take much longer to create higher quality works due to the... Art involved." 

You don't need any skill to hear the momentary pause the lord takes before he enunciated the word "art" with an emotion that doesn't sound like it thinks well of the word and its associations. 

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil
  Bite  +4 (1d8+4, x2)
  Unarmored (+1 Dex)
Conditions None

"Turning in the amulets and the weapon for the Church's bounty may be the best recourse, then. They should be properly equipped and informed on how to destroy these items appropriately," the dragon nodded to the Lord's words, looking to the other party members that were around to see if they agreed. "Even if the bounty isn't quite equal to the weight of silver in the amulets, the good reputation with the order may be of further use to us if we make use of their services."

When it came time to discuss perusals, the dragon looked... bashful for a moment, glancing to the side whilst his wings tucked tightly to his chest. "For... equipment... I... don't know if it'll exactly be within the allowance of the spoils, but... I am a bit ashamed to admit that my scales aren't as resilient as they used to be because of recent incidents... It... may be prudent for me to seek alternatives such as your people's armor, albeit one properly shaped to my figure, until their resilience is restored - or my ability to shapeshift is likewise recuperated. It need not be this return to the surface, but any share of the spoils I receive will be put aside for such."

DESCRIPTION Elia is a small kobold, well, a dragon really, barely over 2' tall with a tail that is actually a bit longer than she is tall. Her scales are purple, violet, and pink shades, quite vibrant, and her eyes are a luminous aqua blue-green (heavy on the blue). Her fins are more flexible than that of standard kobolds with stronger, more controlled support spines that allow her to flex and relax them, giving her much better control maneuvering in water than her land-bound brethren.

Her "leather" armor, a bluish-gray toned material is rough to the touch, covered in small cartilage ridges from the sea eel its crafted from.
| SHEET
spacer.pngElia Argus
Female, Neutral Good, Dragonwrought Water Kobold, Warlock 1

AC/TAC/FFAC: 19/15/15 | HP: 6/6 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+0/+1/+0/+3 | F/R/W: +0/+4/+2 | Move: 30', Swim 30', Climb 20'
Darkvision 60', DR 2 / Cold Iron, Eldritch Blast 60' RTA 1d6 (20/x2)

Elia laughs as she gets swept up into the air. The grin on her face and clearly carefree response showing her as guileless as she truly is. She takes the amulet eagerly and all but runs off, "Thank you thank you thank you!" Her voice fading quickly as she draws further away.

First she checks the cold room, poking her head in as she wraps her arms around her shoulders. Elia isn't really fond of the cold in general but she's quite eager to help, even if it includes a little discomfort. "Sunny? Mr. Roy said you might need more ice. I have the amulet, he let me hold it!" She gazes at it as she holds it and waits for a response. Some day she'll have many magic trinkets like this one that she can do all sorts of things with.

OoC

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

spacer.pngChira nods, "Wisdom enhancement, the best magic it is, for from uncommon sense adventurers commonly prosper.  However, an excessive desire based on our current wealth that would be.  Simple healing magic close to second is coming, wands that cure the lighter wounds needs no artistic embelishment nor long enchantment.  Such wands might attainably within our economic reach be found and purchased."

CgmkBYM.png

Doallyn McClare

Character Sheet

Male Neutral Good  Human Wizard

Init +1 

Doallyn seemed a bit caught off guard from the Harm's less that subtle implication of nobility. He'd been rather hush on the subject but clearly the Lord was more preceptive than one would give him credit for. Never the less, he let it go. Commenting on the subject would only serve to draw more attention to the fact. Something he wasnt trying to do at this point.   The Wizard nodded though as Lord Morrton gave the information.  Throwing around his family name was not something he wanted to do, but if needed it was good to know that there were some possible areas that if the need arose, he could use it to his advantage.   He also smirked a bit at the last bit about art. 

Well, when one lives for nearly a millennia they are welcome to take their time crafting a sword over a decade and call it art, when it'll likely never get used anyways.  The rest of us have generally more use for the sword in the here and now. The art can come in the man wielding it. I just need it to cut down the enemy in front of me.  Though I may also be a bit biased on my upbringing. 

He nodded to Lord Mortton though in response to what he advised. 

Thank you for your insight, M'lord.  The more options available to use, the better our chances of success.