Basic Fantasy RPG

cailano

43 minutes ago, cailano said:

Have you ever taken a look at OSRIC? It’s just AD&D but minus the walls of text and laid out in one book in a logical way. Great reference.

I wanna say I have seen it, yes.  Good stuff!
Have you done Hackmaster?  Talk about wall of text!  I think it’s an intentionally-complex version of the game, kind of as a parody IIRC.

Ok, so you all are aware how deadly it can be then. Just want to put that out there. No shame in turning around and hauling ass! Morgansfort is a very deadly adventure. I said to my cousin that I can see half the party being dead within the first 3 encounters! Just saying... 

And also, the opening scene has been posted! Thanks for the interest in this game everyone. Glad to have you all. Good luck! Lets have some fun!

Edited by GaryD20 (see edit history)

20 hours ago, cailano said:

Whoops, in trying to help, I botched things. Got Malkavian’s schedule all wrong. I think I’ll just go quietly facepalm in that corner over there. 

LOL no worries hun. I work overnight, but because my managers suck, I had my weekend forced on me early. Now I get to look forward to 9 days of work in a row!!!! FML I hate working in TV....

1 minute ago, Malkavian Grin said:

LOL no worries hun. I work overnight, but because my managers suck, I had my weekend forced on me early. Now I get to look forward to 9 days of work in a row!!!! FML I hate working in TV....

You work in TV?  Surface-level, that sounds fun, but I can shudder at the time and stress that probably involves.  I hope things go ok for you!

Yeah, I am a producer for a local TV news station. I write for a living, literally. But it's unbelievably stressful and not even joking, probably the most toxic environment I've ever been in (and I've worked in multiple factories before). I know toxic gets thrown around a lot lately, but my boss is just passive aggressive at everyone, every single day, and then gaslights us when we try to point any of it out. Also, he's like 15 years younger than me. 

Luckily my contract expires at the end of the month. I will NEVER work in news again. They just take advantage of you. Also TV news is worthless. Just google some shit and save yourself time, while actually getting the whole story. You can't tell a good story in 20 seconds. And 90% of what I do is just to fill time to get to the next commercial break.

TV is kinda shit, honestly. It's no wonder everyone just does streaming these days.

Oof, sorry for the rant.

That sounds like wisdom to me! I gave up on network TV a long time ago. Unless you follow sports, it's pretty useless. Streaming TV series can be interesting, though. They don't follow the normal seven-act structure for TV writing at all. They're more like movies crossed with a TV mini-series. These days if I want to see a film adaptation of a favorite book, I find myself hoping that Netflix or HBO will pick it up as a series. Not Prime, though. After the tragedies of the Wheel of Time and Rings of Power, I don't want them touching anything.

35 minutes ago, Fragwulf said:

Also.. a tax for entry. And a penniless thief. Dastardly GM.

Uh oh! Hey, wait a minute! A penniless thief?? What the hell?? Kinda defeats the purpose of being a thief don't it?? 🙂

And I hope I didn’t step in-front of Cal’s ruse.  Gray’s uber-enthusiastic (and rather naive) about getting in with the higher-ups, so the mere mention of nobility gets his attention.  Sort of his instinct to latch-on in that instance.

Hope everyone’s well today.