Basic Fantasy RPG

cailano

On 3/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, guitarist said:

Thank you my friend!  Gray is a pleasure, I enjoy going in with the quixotic-knight types.  My favorite trope.  I hope I can keep it entertaining and interesting (hopefully not too over the top).  🙂

Very welcome! I'm sure you'll do a fine job as we continue 🙂

On 3/24/2023 at 11:23 PM, GaryD20 said:

Uh oh! I hope this doesn't apply to the writing of a certain GM! I may be in trouble! 🙂

No, no, absolutely not. Movies have hundreds of people involved that ought to catch the crap I'm talking about. I'm much more lenient on amateur RPG games LOL. Plus, I can just hop in the OOC and ask about it and feel better.

18 hours ago, cailano said:

Because then you can enjoy fun 80s and 90s movies like The Terminator and Total Recall. You can even watch real dogs like Krull and Hawk the Slayer when you reach true brain-quieting enlightenment. These are no mean tasks! To this day, I have never managed to watch Hawk the Slayer all the way through.

Oh, I can already enjoy stuff like that. I grew up with those movies. The nostalgia they hold helps me get over it. I also didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for; I just took the movie's word for it. But if I have no connections to something beforehand (I.E. I see something after I learned how to critically think about scenarios) then I find I can't really enjoy it. 

Never heard of Hawk the Slayer. I only just heard of the Barbarian Brothers. LOL

12 hours ago, GaryD20 said:

Okay, dumb question... How are you guys creating your posts? I'm specifically talking about the ones that have the fancy border boxes around their text. How's that being done?

I use tables and HTML, but that's because I have a degree in web design. 

10 hours ago, GaryD20 said:

Also, just FYI... I'm gonna give Gemlia time to post something before I continue.

I'll post ASAP. My last 2 weeks at this job they have me working 9 straight days, and then doing extra work my last 2. I HATE this job with a fiery passion.

11 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I'll post ASAP. My last 2 weeks at this job they have me working 9 straight days, and then doing extra work my last 2. I HATE this job with a fiery passion.

No worries. Just didn't want to push things to far ahead without you getting a chance to interact with the scene.

Perhaps apologies in order, from me, I spent way too much time and too many edits of my latest IC post.  I put something up right after work, while fresh in my mind, but fleshed it out more afterwards.  Good now.  I think.

Hoping everyone’s well today!

2 hours ago, guitarist said:
Currency

1 platinum piece (pp) = 5 gold pieces (gp)
1 gold piece (gp) = 10 silver pieces (sp) 1 electrum piece (ep) = 5 silver pieces (sp)
1 silver piece (sp) = 10 copper pieces (cp)

This again.

1 hour ago, guitarist said:

Perhaps apologies in order, from me, I spent way too much time and too many edits of my latest IC post.  

No worries! It read fine to me. 

1 hour ago, guitarist said:

Hoping everyone’s well today!

Every day above ground is a good day in my book!

5 hours ago, guitarist said:

Thank you, friend.  Yes, really playing around with potential formats.  I’m kinda getting ok with Baldr after all!

Yeah, I'm new to Myth Weavers, so learn new things I can do everyday. The more I learn, the more I like it. It's really turning out to be a very nice site, quickly becoming my favorite.

Edited by GaryD20 (see edit history)