OOC

TheWordWeaver

@TheWordWeaver In the post I'm writing, Mags is going to check what's inside the guy's purse, holding the purse on the other side from the old timers so they can't see it--as if he's pulled out his own purse and is counting to see if he has 10 silver to cover the bet. So I'm wondering if you can tell me what he finds so I can include that in the post.

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver In the post I'm writing, Mags is going to check what's inside the guy's purse, holding the purse on the other side from the old timers so they can't see it--as if he's pulled out his own purse and is counting to see if he has 10 silver to cover the bet. So I'm wondering if you can tell me what he finds so I can include that in the post.

Sure as you're counting through the coins you find 66 Silver and 24 Bronze Coins.

48 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Sure as you're counting through the coins you find 66 Silver and 24 Bronze Coins.

Oh, sorry, I should have been more clear. I just wanted to count out 10 silver. Of course, if the guy had something weird (liked severed fingers) I'd have been interested. I'll try to finish the post later tonight. I'm currently 2 hours farther away from GMT.

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Oh, sorry, I should have been more clear. I just wanted to count out 10 silver. Of course, if the guy had something weird (liked severed fingers) I'd have been interested. I'll try to finish the post later tonight. I'm currently 2 hours farther away from GMT.

Lol oh no worries I thought you wanted a count up XD

@TheWordWeaver Hi! I guess with Dae's last post, she (and I) are wondering aloud if she could attune to the daggers in a restful hour? Thus becoming their owner? I actually don't know if Dae's the best person to have them... she's just feeling a bit spiteful and wants to make sure they don't go back to the guy... 😄

P.S. I can't remember the "real" rule, can someone take a short rest and attune at the same time?

3 hours ago, ariel said:

@TheWordWeaver Hi! I guess with Dae's last post, she (and I) are wondering aloud if she could attune to the daggers in a restful hour? Thus becoming their owner? I actually don't know if Dae's the best person to have them... she's just feeling a bit spiteful and wants to make sure they don't go back to the guy... 😄

P.S. I can't remember the "real" rule, can someone take a short rest and attune at the same time?

Actually yes, a short rest focusing on them would be the way to attune to them.

1 hour ago, fenrirlokison said:

I did forget her familiar this time. Would her familiar have seen the attacker run off?

Roll a perception check for your familiar with advantage.

Yikes, this forum really don't want Billie to land a hit... but really, so far I think she's actually up on damage. She's dealt 8 and taken 5, thanks to using unscarred and her raven queen's blessing.

Hi! So my thought had been that... if we could take a short rest in the library, Dae could gain some hit points and attune to the daggers while Dam and Lu continue to do research. Seriously though, I don't feel strongly about Dae owning the daggers if they are (not evil and) better suited to Mags or someone in the longer run.

I guess with the perception roll it now depends when Enia has seen? Perhaps there won't be a chance to rest!

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

Firstly I hope everyone had a good weekend, lots of stuff for me to catch up on after this extended weekend.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:58 AM, Rumrunner said:

Yikes, this forum really don't want Billie to land a hit... but really, so far I think she's actually up on damage. She's dealt 8 and taken 5, thanks to using unscarred and her raven queen's blessing.

Yeah I'm sure it'll turn around here soon for Billie, I'm scared to roll unarmed for Urileth lol let's just say Hand to Hand combat isn't her strong suit.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:26 PM, ariel said:

Hi! So my thought had been that... if we could take a short rest in the library, Dae could gain some hit points and attune to the daggers while Dam and Lu continue to do research. Seriously though, I don't feel strongly about Dae owning the daggers if they are (not evil and) better suited to Mags or someone in the longer run.

I guess with the perception roll it now depends when Enia has seen? Perhaps there won't be a chance to rest!

Enia has found something! Knocked over books and what looks to be bootprints leading out the back of the Oria. If yall would like to rest that is fine with me!

@fenrirlokison and @Neopopulas What do you think? Dae isn't in the best shape to go tearing out of the library, but she's also not going to decide for the group.

Choices?

1. We wait an hour, Dae will get some hp back and maybe attune to the daggers (which can be re-attuned to someone else later). Also, there are a couple of topics we have yet to research as well that Lu and Dam could do in the interim. Disadvantage: there's a chance the attacker will return with help and they might face trouble when they leave the library.
  2. We leave immediately to find Mags and Billie. Dae will be vulnerable, but it won't leave time for folks to gather any forces against us.
  3. We leave immediately to try to track the attacker. Dae will be vulnerable, but if we can stop him... he won't have time to gather any forces or confirm against us.
  4. Dam and Lu leave immediately to do 3 or 4, leaving Dae in the relative safety of the library for an hour.

Dae's choices in order would be: 1, 3, 2, 4... but it's not a strong opinion 🙂

Hmmm... If Lu can follow the ones that ran off, she's gonna want to do that. Maybe not confront them, even though she really wants to, but to see where they go. If she doesn't see them/cant follow them, she would be more for trying to get the others healed up.

Another 6. is that three yet? It's Mags' fault... we may have to look at a way to mechanically speed this up one way or the other... I suggest we either roll two rounds at a time, or we go to half HP... I'd prefer the former as I can't see billie stopping until she's knocked out.