OOC

TheWordWeaver

+1, yah, there will always be busy times!

As for the game, I'm not having Dae run back to ask one more question (lol) but I wish we'd asked... where did Deypho get her metal shard from? I don't think it was mentioned anywhere?

And, I assume we're going to eat at the recommended place, yes? And figure out next steps there? Unless we get attacked and horribly maimed before that... 😄 

I don't think she ever revealed where she got it from and it was never asked where she got it from just what it was as far as I can tell. One could presume it was from the village that was destroyed when Serysh died but it was never explicitly stated where she retrieved, received, or took it from.

@TheWordWeaver Could we perhaps handle the next steps in a combination of IC and OOC summary.  For example, Mags wants to spend a short rest examining the magic compass box. There's other stuff like that he'd like to do. Perhaps we could all agree on the next "scene" in the IC thread, but also be able to use our character threads to post other stuff we want to get done either before or after the next scene. 

On 4/8/2023 at 5:34 PM, TheWordWeaver said:

Could be something even better here in Baromenes if you guys make the right connections 😉

Given that Mags has spent his life traveling and likely seen some of the lesser-known traveling options, can I make some sort of check to know about options that might get us from Baromenes to Thespoe more quickly? If so, what roll? 

28 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Given that Mags has spent his life traveling and likely seen some of the lesser-known traveling options, can I make some sort of check to know about options that might get us from Baromenes to Thespoe more quickly? If so, what roll? 

Sure, let's do a raw intelligence check. 

34 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver Could we perhaps handle the next steps in a combination of IC and OOC summary.  For example, Mags wants to spend a short rest examining the magic compass box. There's other stuff like that he'd like to do. Perhaps we could all agree on the next "scene" in the IC thread, but also be able to use our character threads to post other stuff we want to get done either before or after the next scene. 

That would be fine with me. We can utilize the Downtime thread for that as well as character threads as yall see fit

Hashing things out: Mags wants to do the following, not necessarily in this order, and not necessarily in the IC thread. 

1. Talking with the other "chosen" heroes: sharing our "conspiracy theory" stuff about what might be going on, "getting to know you" stuff, "combat" talk about abilities/powers and preferred tactics, and of course plans about what we do next.

2. Short rest to examine the magic compass box. 

3. Short rest to (do something private)--which he'll likely do later that night by "retiring to bed early."  

4. Investigate a crap-ton of stuff at the Library--most likely helping Lu or working on stuff her "Researcher" feature can't easily/automatically locate.

5. Investigate expedited travel options to Thespoe. 

6. Investigate Deypho and confirm details of her story--stuff like the destruction of Serysh's village (yeah, all this end of the word stuff has Mags feeling a bit paranoid). 

7. Re-summon familiar the next time we finish a long rest (the sooner the better). 

8. Do some walking around the city to triangulate with the magic compass box (assuming a short rest reveals that it is a magic compass of some kind). 

9. Investigate the political scene in Baromenes and the big issues up for debate in the Acropoli. 

@TheWordWeaver I don't want to keep backposting questions into the IC, but when Deypho accepted the signet ring from Mags, he'd have made arrangements to get it back--along with the result of her investigation ("come back in two days," "I'll contact you as soon as I know something," whatever plan she could commit to).

Can I assume that happened?  

30 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver I don't want to keep backposting questions into the IC, but when Deypho accepted the signet ring from Mags, he'd have made arrangements to get it back--along with the result of her investigation ("come back in two days," "I'll contact you as soon as I know something," whatever plan she could commit to).

Can I assume that happened?  

Yep!

3 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

Didn't she literally tell us where we could go? Like oria in the storm quarter or something? 

The Oria was for info on the Corrupter and Thiovanya, though it is an archive/library, there is probably info about other things there as well. As for where to go next that is up to yall after you all presumably go to the Pillar and eat, drink, rest up/formulate plans, etc. Then there are the Halysic games coming up that Billie just learned about. The world is quite literally yall's oyster except for the current immediate time crunch with the Eclipse and end-of-the-world shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Hashing things out: Mags wants to do the following, not necessarily in this order, and not necessarily in the IC thread. 

1. Talking with the other "chosen" heroes: sharing our "conspiracy theory" stuff about what might be going on, "getting to know you" stuff, "combat" talk about abilities/powers and preferred tactics, and of course plans about what we do next.

2. Short rest to examine the magic compass box. 

3. Short rest to (do something private)--which he'll likely do later that night by "retiring to bed early."  

4. Investigate a crap-ton of stuff at the Library--most likely helping Lu or working on stuff her "Researcher" feature can't easily/automatically locate.

5. Investigate expedited travel options to Thespoe. 

6. Investigate Deypho and confirm details of her story--stuff like the destruction of Serysh's village (yeah, all this end of the word stuff has Mags feeling a bit paranoid). 

7. Re-summon familiar the next time we finish a long rest (the sooner the better). 

8. Do some walking around the city to triangulate with the magic compass box (assuming a short rest reveals that it is a magic compass of some kind). 

9. Investigate the political scene in Baromenes and the big issues up for debate in the Acropoli. 

Quite the laundry list... Takes the box and runs off....

1. Billie will be checking out and then winning these games. 

2. Will also carouse with any mercenaries, she can find to gather information.. Or whomever. 

3. Will take Valyv for a walk... Or triangle the cube thing. 

4. Go to the storm quarter, where the oria is, because that sounds fun... She'll likely be disappointed.

5. Maybe Fight Damaia

6. Maybe wrestle mags. 

7. Get Dae to carouse with her

8. Fight a stranger

9. Fight another stranger

10. Fight a third stranger, just because I want one more on my list than mags.