OOC

TheWordWeaver

According to the DMG (Ch 7, Identifying Magic Items)... 

Some magic items are indistinguishable from their nonmagical counterparts, whereas other magic items display their magical nature conspicuously. Whatever a magic item's appearance, handling the item is enough to give a character a sense that something is extraordinary about it.

So Mags has handled the signet ring. Does he sense anything extraordinary about it?  

5 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

According to the DMG (Ch 7, Identifying Magic Items)... 

So Mags has handled the signet ring. Does he sense anything extraordinary about it?  

Usually you need a short rest for this and i'm not sure we've had time for one yet.

This actually made me think about how long its actually been since the fight, because i was wondering with the commotion we caused there might be like.. guards out there looking for us.

7 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

Usually you need a short rest for this and i'm not sure we've had time for one yet.

This actually made me think about how long its actually been since the fight, because i was wondering with the commotion we caused there might be like.. guards out there looking for us.

I think you're referring to the process of identifying a magic items powers and how to use/activate it (short rest). The quote I provided was about recognizing it as magical (extraordinary) in the first place, so that you can choose to spend a short rest identifying it's properties. 

Each of the DM update posts has a date and time on it. So you can see when the fight started and how much time has passed. Basically, the bad guys showed up at 3:04, and the most recent time stamp is 4:15, so an hour and ten minutes have passed. 

We found only one sliver, there wasn't one found with the orc.  I can only assume that the sliver was what linked them all together and the reason they all exploded when paleface's chain was destroyed and not when the orc's was busted.