OOC

TheWordWeaver

@TheWordWeaver in looking at the battle scroll, Billie wants to check to see if their wielding the same weapons/armor they have now, and if they're( especially herself) using any abilities/stances sword maneuvers that she's not yet familiar with.

I'm thinking she's going to want this scroll as a guide to develope her own skill and to see if their choices are making the battle harder or easier. Otherwise she'll be asking if this battle scene has changed over time, which it likely has as there's one less person. 

This really could be one of the most useful things ever. 

If you'd prefer I ask this stiff ic let me know.  Just woke up and thought of this... Depending when I wake up for realsies and get coffee, I may just post it anyway. 

Lol, good guesses. The sigils that I had written down if you are to check for yours are:

Mags - Cat

Wilhelmina - Wolf

Damaia - Ox

Dae - Fox

Lulani - Spider

(Perhaps you can guess their meanings)

12 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

@TheWordWeaver in looking at the battle scroll, Billie wants to check to see if their wielding the same weapons/armor they have now, and if they're( especially herself) using any abilities/stances sword maneuvers that she's not yet familiar with.

I'm thinking she's going to want this scroll as a guide to develope her own skill and to see if their choices are making the battle harder or easier. Otherwise she'll be asking if this battle scene has changed over time, which it likely has as there's one less person. 

This really could be one of the most useful things ever. 

If you'd prefer I ask this stiff ic let me know.  Just woke up and thought of this... Depending when I wake up for realsies and get coffee, I may just post it anyway. 

For sure feel free to post a question in IC I always love giving expo. 

3 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Lol, good guesses. The sigils that I had written down if you are to check for yours are:

Mags - Cat

Wilhelmina - Wolf

Damaia - Ox

Dae - Fox

Lulani - Spider

(Perhaps you can guess their meanings)

For sure feel free to post a question in IC I always love giving expo. 

Cat = Curious, self-reliant, savage murderer, likes to knock things from high places

Wolf = loyal, wild hunter, playful, easily distracted, torments doggedly, licks inappropriately

Ox = Steadfast, calm until roused, unstoppable, big ol' teet, delicious

Fox = clever, quick, tricksy, charming and you never know what they might say

Spider = secret keeper, deadly, comfortable in a hammock, gives best hugs

13 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I think I was mixing up Mags' search with Lu's search. Mags found a second signet ring, not a second sliver. 

And yes, I was going to predict Wolf for Bilie. 

I hadn't thought of Goat for Damaia. Given the horns she's sporting in the image, a Ram might be more fitting. 

Dae - I guessed a Doe

Lu - Bat (second choice, Owl)

I like rabbit or doe for Dae, but because Dae is so close to doe, I'm going with doe.

Billie is more like a rabid wolf XD

Goats are fun, but so far she seems more ram to me.

I rather like the idea of Lu being an owl. All the other choices are great too though.

A spider huh? Lol! She's gonna hate that. I can see it fitting though. I hear a black widow will not move from it's spot once it has built it's web, which fits her laziness XD.

3 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

Cat = Curious, self-reliant, savage murderer, likes to knock things from high places

Wolf = loyal, wild hunter, playful, easily distracted, torments doggedly, licks inappropriately

Ox = Steadfast, calm until roused, unstoppable, big ol' teet, delicious

Spider = secret keeper, deadly, comfortable in a hammock, gives best hugs

XD!!

5 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

I fell down a bit of a rabbit hole watching youtube shorts of foxes making their sounds. Man, it's weird. They shriek, they chitter, they chirp, and they do a kind of moaning "mmmm" sound.

But they're solitary predators, scavengers, and forages who do smart things like bury extra food for later. They're risk aversive and better able to adapt to their environment than your typical predator. 

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

At least Lulani didn't get sloth...? 🙂

Y'all been busy since yesterday! Just some catching up here with some babbling thoughts!

• I think it suits that the image says "Dae" instead of "Diana"... she really is a different person now and doesn't think of herself as Diana anymore. 
  • I think "fish" would be a bit on the nose and, yah, a bit cruel for her... but it depends on their purpose or portent. A fox works... I think? I am hoping that she becomes less skittish, more confident... thus more "fox-like" as the game goes on.

Then... a couple of questions? @TheWordWeaver

• In what language is the parchment (and any text on the painting) in?
  • Does the splinter of metal look like it would fit in the small box Death gave them?
  • I feel like rolling for something... haha, maybe a history check on paintings like this? Has she ever heard of such a thing before? I'll go roll in the "Bones" channel... 

Edit: And "Akropoli" is "Acropolis" in Greek or something, yes? Would this be the name of such a location in the common tongue that everyone is speaking or in a local dialect or....?

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

But they're solitary predators, scavengers, and forages who do smart things like bury extra food for later. They're risk aversive and better able to adapt to their environment than your typical predator. 

Sounds about right... 

Heya everyone, Hope you all had a great weekend. Gonna catch up on everything and get to posting. 

On 4/1/2023 at 10:26 AM, ariel said:

Then... a couple of questions? @TheWordWeaver

• In what language is the parchment (and any text on the painting) in?
  • Does the splinter of metal look like it would fit in the small box Death gave them?
  • I feel like rolling for something... haha, maybe a history check on paintings like this? Has she ever heard of such a thing before? I'll go roll in the "Bones" channel... 

Edit: And "Akropoli" is "Acropolis" in Greek or something, yes? Would this be the name of such a location in the common tongue that everyone is speaking or in a local dialect or....?

•  The Letter/message is written in Halaen common, there is no writing on the prophecy scroll other than your names.
  • It would easily fit in the box.
  • Dae has probably heard stories of prophecies and futures writing themselves on parchment. She would faintly recall seeing an animated painting? Scroll? On board Samanthios boat that he kept in his personal quarters of a dancing bard playing the lyre. This scroll though seems much different than that.

Yes just cut up and one letter changed. It's a dialect, in Urzoa common it would be Akropoles. 

Ok, thanks! Just for clarity... Dae does not speak Halaen common, so she's been speaking Urzoa common. I'm hoping that's the general language we've been using to speak to each other.... er... yes?

Also, if she saw the note, would she not be able to read it at all? Total gibberish or partial understanding?: 

Edit: And... we all get Urzoa common for free, yes?

Edited by ariel (see edit history)