Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

Sorry, I got distracted too!

re: Lilly, I kind of assume when the scene is set up that we're given a briefing when all the cohort is present is that Lilly was there for the initial briefing, but since @Ryfte hasn't posted yet, we don't really know how they have reacted to the scene. It's probably easier to assume they are just tagging along, quietly in the background until such time as they post, that way they can, more easily, slip back into the scene and resume posting when life settles down for them, instead of finding some way to explain why their character was absent from the scene.

1 hour ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Sorry, I got distracted too!

re: Lilly, I kind of assume when the scene is set up that we're given a briefing when all the cohort is present is that Lilly was there for the initial briefing, but since @Ryfte hasn't posted yet, we don't really know how they have reacted to the scene. It's probably easier to assume they are just tagging along, quietly in the background until such time as they post, that way they can, more easily, slip back into the scene and resume posting when life settles down for them, instead of finding some way to explain why their character was absent from the scene.

That seems like the simplest thing to do.

I've been posting a bit haphazardly due to RL but I'm pretty much caught up. This thread it my last one to catch up with. Interestingly enough due to the complexity and richness of the campaign / thread / players characters and posts. As a group I'm amazed at the quality of posts, character RP'ing, and the details everyone has been putting in. I feel exceedingly reluctant to post a brief couple lines given the quality of posts as well as hoverfrog's detailed work and efforts here. Thus I've actually left this one for last due to the detail and attention I want to give it. 😄

My intention is to get a post in today.

If I understand @hoverfrog's directions, if both Alandri and Kaikara make checks, then we would have to split up. If that's the case, then Thandeka will go with Kaikara and will assist her. However, unless Silas and/or Alandri have spells that will allow the two groups to communicate to each other from a distance, I would suggest we stay in one group. I can only say that Thandeka doesn't have any spells that will help coordinate the two groups.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

Correct. You get one check (which you may boost with Aid) per group but if you do split up then one group might succeed and the other fail, leaving you split up if and when something happens. There may be ways you can mitigate this but I'll leave your actual planning up to you.

OK, the Perception roll by Kaikara is 15. Not too bad. Who wants to roll to Aid? In this case the DC for Aid is 15 so each successful Perception check adds +1 to the roll, a critical success, 25 or a natural 20, adds +2 but a failure reduces the roll by 1. A critical failure, 5 or less or a natural 1, reduces it by 2.

If you don't want to risk it, please say so.

Sorry for my lack of a recent post, I just changed jobs and had my first week in an office after working from home for 3 years and I'm not sitting around with a a tab open to MW all day anymore 😉

Getting used to the new schedule, should be back to consistent this week