Chapter 1: Orientation

hoverfrog

spacer.pngSilas Foljet - Catfolk Thaumaturge Application  Sheet

AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4Perception: +4

"Typical Malfore, cutting the line and taking the best bits," Silas says - perhaps facetiously, perhaps not, but always with a tone like heated silk and a slight smirk. "Well, in the words of some great philosopher or another, communication is key."

Silas steps forward, strokes his chin with thumb and forefinger for a moment, and reaches out to the symbol resembling pursed lips.

Mechanics/OOC

OOC:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Free Action:

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1

AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +0/+2/+1/+4/+1/+1 | F/R/W: +4/+5/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Intimidate +4, L:Farming +7, L:Milling +7, Occult +7, Society+7, Stealth +5, Survival +4, Thievery +5
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Performance +1, Religion +1

She watched the others quietly. * How can they be so certain of their choices... They're all so interesting... Can't I take them all... * She nodded to Silas as she stepped forward as well. Lilly hesitated still as she reached forward, uncertain which one she wanted to settle on. With each tentative movement however the shapes drew away, pulling back from her touch. Having to choose one felt almost wrong, she after all wanted to learn all that she could. Still, ultimately she focused on the symbol of the pursed lips, still not as certain as the others had been but clearly enough her choice.

As her hand grew closer to the symbol it didn't pull away but they all began to quiver now and Lilly paused, a look of surprise filling her eyes. Their forms started to blur and break apart and they coalesced for a brief moment before all but leaping towards the young witch. The form they had taken, perhaps not so strangely indeed, had been that of a harmonica. Unknown to her originally as she'd closed her eyes and pulled away in fear at the sudden movement towards her but told to her later. What she and everyone around her did know, immediately, was that suddenly music began to fill the air about her.

Barely a moment later the shapes had reformed as if nothing had happened, once again drifting in place. The young fleshwarp witch paid no attention to the shapes at this point, engrossed in the music about her. "Oh! This is wonderful!" She was nodding her head and tapping her fingers to the rythym of background music that seemed to flow from around her, focusing on it and giggling as it changed from one piece to another. If she could have smiled it was clear that she'd have the biggest one possible at that moment.

OoC

Nothing to see here...

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???

Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')

Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.

Kaikara stared intently at the symbols, trying to both ascertain what each represented to herself, and how that representation resonated with her, within her.  She thought of her birth and upbring among the Matanji, the loneliness she felt, yet the same connection to, and protectiveness she had for her community, and those around her, even those that thought less of her.  Her peoples, the Matanji, had long been the guardians of the Mwangi Expanse, protecting it, and it's many varied peoples, from the forces of Angazhan, the Ravenous King, and demon lord of beasts.  How each Matanji was born, knowing their duty was to die in defense of their people, and the people of Garund.  With a resolute sigh, she lifted her spear, and placed the butt-end on the symbol of the hourglass, representing the relentless movement of time, it ground, ever forward, regardless of the wants, or wishes, of man.  Yet, it, too, represented the renewal, rebirth, and a cycle of events that would repeat, ever forward, from the beginning of recorded history towards a future, or futures, unwritten.

As her weapon touched the symbol, a rush seemed to travel upwards through the weapon, with a low, powerful thrum, that seemed to grow louder as it rushed towards her, until it became a wild rush of power.  It washed over her like a powerful wind, yet not a leaf rustled against it's bough.  She staggered under the weight of it, as she fought to regain her balance, leaning heavily on her staff.  She looked, wide-eyed, almost frightful, at her companions, who, in that instant stood motionless, and unmoving, and for a second, she could hear the mingled sound of their heartbeats, hammering in their chests, beating loud and clear, as thunder booming overhead.  Then, as quickly as the moment came upon her, it was gone, the leaves rustled gently in the breeze, and time resumed it's course.  She looked towards, first, Teacher Ot, then the others, to see if they, too, had experienced a shift in their perceptions.

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: Kindled Magic

Magaambya

image.png.cdd826dc5e8011a8a27dfc23dba379d8.pngOnce you have all chosen a symbol either by touching it or simple standing before it and accepting it as belonging to you as Alandri does the glowing sigils fade away. You are left with a glow of magic inside you and can feel the power there waiting to be released at your bidding.

Teacher Ot pauses to make one more speech, "At the Magaambya, we seek to understand our differences. Where others might dismiss a trait as irrelevant or troublesome, we understand that the things that make us unique in life are key to who we are as people. And it is who we are as people that defines our magic. Sometimes, it is things that are different about us, things that societies have taught us to hate, that show what our talent will be. To the north, people say that children with white or red hair have strong potential for magic. Here in Nantambu, we recognize that left-handed people are skilled at undoing spells. One student of mine is terrified of butterflies, even though he considers it ridiculous. Yet in exchange for this fear of fluttering whimsy, he has one of the most orderly minds for games and strategy that I have ever seen."

"Sometimes, we do not understand our magic, and that lack of understanding causes pain. People who are uncomfortable in their own skin are incredible shapechangers but often feel unsettled until they recognize the shape they were meant to be. Those who feel an urge to jump from high places often become frightened of themselves, but they are simply channelling the untrained will to fly."

"Sometimes, our talents are not revealed by happy means," Teacher Ot's face becomes sombre, and he continues, "One student here had a family who planned her life out from birth to death, punishing her when she deviated the slightest bit. She only found freedom in the thought of her grave, and as a result, the dead began to speak to her. Here, she has freedom to choose her own path, but her necromancy remains strong."

"You don’t have to share, but I want you to ask yourselves: what about you defines you, even if others rarely notice it? Is there something inside you that pulls at you, perhaps defying rational explanation? Thus, I return to my first question: who are you, and how can that person best be guided to grow?" He seems genuinely interested in any incite that you may have about yourselves and perfectly willing to wait until you are ready to share. The lesson to know yourself in order to better know the world is deeply ingrained in his teachings.

OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

Alandri Malfore  

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

150xp from the aptitude tests.

Show Active Map

SWj4yTQ.png

spacer.pngAlandri Malfore

AC: 15 HP: 12/12 Hero Points: 1

Fortitude: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Movement: 30ft |  Class DC: 17 Perception: +3

Skills: Acrobatics: +5*, Arcana: +6*, Athletics: +0, Crafting: +3, Deception: +7*, Diplomacy: +7*, Intimidation: +7*, Lore: Nantambe: +6, Medicine: +0, Nature: +3, Occultism: +3, Performance: +4, Religion: +0, Society: +3, Stealth: +2, Survival: +0, Thievery: +2

Active Effects: None Conditions: None

“You are right Silas, I do like to go first. As for me, I am an admirer of beauty.  I seek to find beauty in the world wherever it may be found and in whatever form it may take.” 

Alandri steals a quick glance at Thandeka after he says this, but quickly tries to hide it again with his usual smile and smoothes the front of his coat with his hands. (going to roll deception for him to try and hide the glance.)

He continues, “show me where beauty and magic can be found and allow me to discover it for myself. While others like to be pointed down the road they are supposed to take, I make my own path. I will burn down any box you try to put me in. I am no one's slave.” He finishes with that same smile and gives a little respectful bow to Teacher Ot.

I hope she didn't notice. This isn't the time Alandri. Definitely not the time. For her sake, maybe it should never be the time.

Mechanics

Name
Deception (Hide Glance)
1d20+7 7

spacer.pngSilas Foljet - Catfolk Thaumaturge Application  Sheet

AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4Perception: +4

Silas nods his head noncommittally towards Alandri and turns to Teacher Ot.

"I seek to perfect my peculiar art, and collect what secrets and power lie dormant in so many things. Especially if those things are shiny." Silas says, pausing. He takes a breath, his mouth a flat line, looking down and then up again.

"As to what defines me, beyond my intriguing love-hate relationship with my lineage and status, is that I can't help myself. That is the Foljet curse - obsessive curiosity with a covetous streak. The impulse is irresistible even for the dullest academics in the extensive Foljet line. In my case, magic and treasure are one and the same. What else is there for me to do?" he adds with a shrug before turnign aside and scratching the bridge of his nose in just such a way this his mouth was obscured.

Words are heard in Alandri's ears only, as Silas makes immediate use of his new gift.

'Shiny, shiny things, Malfore. Try not to step on my toes too much, would you?'

Mechanics/OOC

OOC:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Free Action:

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)

9ab6d132b9f09ddee59c8f32978c441d.jpg Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application Sheet

AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7

Thandeka thinks carefully about what her instructor has just asked of them, especially in light of what Silas and Alandri (Did he just look my way? No, I must be mistaken, I'm sure.) just confessed in front of everyone here.

Looking downward for a moment, she says, "Teacher Ot, I-I do not believe that I understand your questions. I am who I am -- a priestess of Sarenrae. I do not believe that I have misled anyone -- including myself -- on these matters. I do what I do to fulfill the edicts of the Blessed Dawnflower -- to destroy the Spawn of Rovagug, to protect allies, to provide aid to the sick and wounded, and to seek and allow redemption. If she wills it, it is my duty to obey."

She then looks up and directly at the learned elder. "And... and I believe that, by following the guidance of my family and my people, I can best do this now by attending this Academy and learning as much as I possibly can from you and the other members of the faculty, if you will permit me."

Pathbuilder Character Sheet

Mechanics/OOC

Free Action:

Action:

Bonus Action:

Main Hand: Open (Scimitar sheathed.)
Off Hand: Wooden Shield

Action 1: 

Action 2:

Action 3:

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Name
PERCEPTION (To detect Alandri's hidden glance her way)
1d20 + 7 5

Skills: Acrobatics: +5*, Arcana: +6*, Athletics: +0, Crafting: +3, Deception: +7*, Diplomacy: +7*, Intimidation: +7*, Lore: Nantambe: +6, Medicine: +0, Nature: +3, Occultism: +3, Performance: +4, Religion: +0, Society: +3, Stealth: +2, Survival: +0, Thievery: +2

Without looking his way and keeping his little smirk, Alandri responds to Silas back in his head.

Just make sure those toes are not where i'm walking. I am sure we can get along just fine. Well at least one can hope.

Mechanics

KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

Kaikara, for her part, listened to Teacher Ot's sentiment, and found it struck a chord in her, but she would be hard pressed to identify what, or why?  She was, increasingly, uncomfortable with the questions, and the lessons, "What defines me?  I was born in the Nine Walled city, among the Matanji Orcs, who keep Angazhan and his forces contained in Usaro.  I should be fighting by their side, dying alongside them, rather than here!"  She railed, suddenly angry, but she did not know at whom, "I am defined by corruption!  My blood burns with his taint!  Not by fault of mine own, but an accident of birth!  Yet I am the one punished for it, I am the one sent away, and so, I find myself here, without talent or skill at magic!  But it was you," she pointed an accusatory finger at Teacher Ot, "whose name was given by my mother's mother.  Attend Magaambya she said, you will learn of yourself!  Takulu Ot is known to me, he shall guide you!  And now I am here, and for some reason you accept me into your ranks when I have no place here.  Why?!?"  She advanced on Teacher Ot, "WHY?!?! Because if you pity me, you can damn well save it for someone who deserves it."

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

9ab6d132b9f09ddee59c8f32978c441d.jpg Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application Sheet

Before Kaikara can advance another step towards the teacher, Thandeka immediately steps between the two. The young priestess holds out her unarmed hand. Softly, quietly, she says, "My friend, you must not do this. It is unwise. Calm yourself. Breathe. You must understand that it is not out of pity that we are here. We are all here to better ourselves. We are all worthy of advancement, of progress... of personal salvation. Please do not attack Teacher Ot."

She looks earnestly into the warrior-maiden's anguished face, beyond the pain and self-loathing, and into Kaikara's very soul. "Please," she whispers.

Mechanics/OOC

Free Action:

Action:

Bonus Action:

Action 1: 

Action 2:

Action 3:

"Touche"

Mechanics

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1

AC: 16 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +0/+2/+1/+4/+1/+1 | F/R/W: +4/+5/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +7, Athletics +3, Intimidate +4, L:Farming +7, L:Milling +7, Occult +7, Society+7, Stealth +5, Survival +4, Thievery +5
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +1, Diplomacy +1, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Performance +1, Religion +1

The others respond to teacher Ot in their own way, just as they also solved the problems he put before them, each in their own fashion. Kaikara's intensity and angry word's catch Lilly's attention more than the others though and Thandeka stepping in with calming words. Something in them both touches her, a sense of sorrow, and sadness she is familiar with, deep in her own bones, if one could call them that.

"Kaikara. I was dead, once. Do not wish upon yourself such a thing and corruption..." Her voice becomes unsteady, vibrating for a moment and stepping over itself in discordant tones as she quickly looks down at the floor. She wiped at her eyes hurriedly and her voice cleared. "My father, he is dead... and madness yet drives him. A dark, corrupt, madness overwhelming all reason. All of my kin are dead... sort of..."

She shifts her gaze to teacher Ot. "In fact, my entire village is full of the dead. They are the dead that yet walk though. Some remember who they are. Others do not yet they continue to till the soil or do the wash. Some are angry and violent. All of them are lost. My village, what remains, is a place of death, madness, and sorrow. You speak of corruption... but I don't know that you truly have seen it. I have seen it in everything... and everyone..." She paused and held her hands up before her, "My life, this shape I am in, is one that was made for me out of that very madness and corruption. It was the shell, the thing that I was brought back to, reborn from where I had gone to when I was but a very young child..." Her voice broke again, disrupted.

She shook her head, her small body trembled slightly, and she continued. "It is not an evil thing though, despite how it came to be. Sometimes I get a vague feeling, as though I've lost something precious. Like returning here I lost something I shall never recover." Lowering her hands to her sides her voice grows stronger, certain once again. "But I feel the sun on my skin, I smell the morning, a fresh dew on the plants that is cool to the touch, a birds morning song. This is being alive once again, a most precious gift and I get to choose. That corruption and madness I can choose to turn from. We, all of us here, have our lives. Be thankful Kaikara, as I am. I am reborn and though I come from sadness and tragedy, those are not something that are mine to carry. Those are things others have carried. I shall live this life in its fullness as long as I am given the opportunity to do so."

Her small body was tensed up with her emotions, almost quivering with her own intensity. As she finished speaking Moz ran up her shoulder and his tongue flicked against her cheek, a reassurance and reminder of his own for his friend, Lilly. Her serious demeanor instantly vanished as did the tension in her body and she giggled as she scratched him on the top of his head.

OoC

Nothing to see here...

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???

Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')

Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo

Chapter 1: Kindled Magic

Magaambya

image.png.cdd826dc5e8011a8a27dfc23dba379d8.png

A little taken aback by the outpouring of emotion, Teacher Ot's face turns sombre for a moment. In serious tones he address each of you in turn, "In many ways, Alandri, I too appreciate beauty. Not just for the form of a person who is attractive but for for all beauty in the world. As Lilly implies there is beauty all around us and in all that we do, just as there is ugliness too. Without one we cannot appreciate the other."

"Silas, you say you seek to perfect your art and that is a noble aim. The material world holds your attention, as it should, but do not allow the material to overshadow the spiritual. There is magic in the spirit world that will serve you well if you see it for what it is."

"Thandeka you say that a priestess of Sarenrae is what you are but I ask you, have you known many of those drawn to Sarenrae? Are all the same? Do they all relentlessly follow the same path or do they live their own lives in accordance to the Dawnflower's teachings as best they can. An Anchorite battles evil and the Blossoming Light wear no armour and eschew all weapons, preferring to redeem their foes rather than slay them. Both server the Everlight but in very different ways. My advice to you is to know yourself fully so that you may know where your strengths lie and so how best to serve. Just now you called for peace and calm rather than smiting those driven to discord. Is that your path?"

"Kaikara, corruption is a thing of the spirit, not of the body. Is a man with a club foot corrupt because he drags his heavy limb behind him? Is a woman with a cleft palate corrupt because her teeth aren't straight and her lips are imperfect? No, of course not. You were not sent away from your people. You were sent towards Magaambya to learn. Why? To know yourself, spiritually and completely. You may not accept my words but I hope you will listen to them and take what you can from them."

"Lilly, I knew of your origins before you came and I agree with you in many ways. To die and be reborn is perhaps the most difficult path but it is not the end of the road you travel but a new beginning. I hope that your rebirth and presence here will allow you to lead your people one day into their own, unique future."

"Thank you all for sharing. I have learned much today and it is an honour to be your teacher. It is said that a good teacher learns as much by teaching as his pupils do and that is true of me today."

With a flourish Takulu Ot produces a yellow and blue bead made of durable glass and hands one to each of you in turn, "As initiates of the Magaambya you should wear a string of beads at all times. People will know you by them and you will be able to recognise your fellow students too. Now, please return to the Spire Dormitory and introduce yourselves to the other residents. Get to know them. You've met two of them so far, they can help show you round."

"Tomorrow you start five days of the Perquisite. I shall let the senior initiates explain what that is to you. Let it be known that they set the tasks you must perform." His face breaks out in his usual smile and he waves you away to return to the dormitory in the rain.

The Spire Dormitory

I don't know if you want to just knock on doors and introduce yourselves to people or do it as a group. We can split the party into other threads or stay together. Let me know once you've decided. I mean, you could just go and sit in your room if you wanted to. 😉

OOC Scene Notes

The dormitory map is in the spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

Default Marching Order

CHARACTER STATUS

Kaikara Lilly

Silas Foljet Thandeka Sun-Steel

Alandri Malfore  

EXPERIENCE TRACKER

150xp from the aptitude tests.

Show Active Map

SWj4yTQ.png

After Teacher Ot’s thought-provoking lecture before he instructed the group to return to Spire Dormitory, Thandeka repaired to her room which is opposite of Room A12… where she just sat – stunned – on her bed. Her few belongings were strewn about on the floor and the furniture. She was lost in thought – confused, conflicted – at what the professor had said.

"Thandeka, you say that a priestess of Sarenrae is what you are, but I ask you, have you known many of those drawn to Sarenrae? Are all the same? Do they all relentlessly follow the same path or do they live their own lives in accordance to the Dawnflower's teachings as best they can? An Anchorite battles evil and the Blossoming Light wear no armothe r and eschew all weapons, preferring to redeem their foes rather than slay them. Both serve the Everlight but in very different ways. My advice to you is to know yourself fully so that you may know where your strengths lie and so how best to serve. Just now you called for peace and calm rather than smiting those driven to discord. Is that your path?"

The young human was so sure, so certain before, about her own path, but now… she was suffering a crisis of faith. She thinks to herself, Who am I? Where am I going? What am I doing? I serve Sarenrae, but…exactly what does that mean? It is true that no two followers of the Healing Flame follow the path exactly, but... her edicts are explicit, are they not?

Aren't they?

To compound her dilemma, the village girl had just discovered that Lilly, her newfound friend… was undead?! But… as a priestess of the Everlight, is it not her duty to seek out and extirpate the evil of the undead? Yet, if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, they should be. At least, so says the goddess.

A tear rolls down her face as she says a silent prayer. What am I to do? What am I supposed to do now, o blessed Sarenrae?

Mechanics/OOC

Free Action:

Action:

Bonus Action:

Action 1: 

Action 2:

Action 3:

Kaikara, like many Matanji, was a creature of passion, the outburst of anger was not a thing she was ashamed of, even though Thandeka stepped between herself their instructor. She was silent, still fuming, as the others spoke, Lily's story, however, touched her, as she considered the darkness that the young woman had encountered, her own father, madness, betrayal, it was harrowing, and, to be honest, Kaikara was unsure of how she would fare under similar circumstances. She felt guilty, praying that she, herself, would not be put in such a situation. Still though, they had passed Teacher Ot's platitudes, even as the man prattled on about a club foot, but she knew, deep inside she knew, when she looked at an animal, she heard the voice, Angazhan's speaking to her, calling her, nor did she truly feel that she deserved to be here.

When they returned to the dormitory, Kaikara moved to the quarters located north of the southern most students quarter, no windows, double doors, sufficient floor space to practice Matanji weapon forms. She began to unpack her belongings, meager though they were, the blue-yellow bead felt, uncomfortably heavy, on the thong around her neck. Once she had unpacked, she almost moved to the common room, but she didn't feel like socializing, not yet, just more people like Foljet and Malfore, people gifted, skilled, people who deserved to be here, while she, was just a warrior, not even fully trained by Matanji standards.

As she considered her options, she began a series of forms and movements, her long spear circling the room in long, sweeping arcs, precise thrusts, vicious counters, run again, and again, and again, until, a sheen of sweat covering her forehead, shoulders, her chest heaving, gasping for air. Her mind too focused on the forms and patterns, to consider her own self-doubts, shame, and guilt. When she collapsed on the bed in exhaustion, as fatigued pulled her down to a deep, dreamless sleep, she was able to wake, on the morrow, refreshened, awake, and alert, for the beginning of her Perquisite.

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3: