Chapter 01a: When Home Burns (Welcome to Vogler)

Kamishiro_Rin

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 0/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before Arriving at the Keep

Mery's eyes widen in startlement at Coltan's offer, and her steps falter slightly.  'What is...?  Why...?'  She thinks for a moment, before finally coming up with her own hypothesis.  "I believe I am covered financially at least through the funeral, Coltan.  But after that I will be traveling about, and it is the first time I'll be out on my own traveling over land.  I spent some money before leaving home on some items that I thought might aid me in my travels, which has depleted my reserve somewhat, but the truth is, I do not know what to expect, and it seems a bit foolish to travel about without at least a little gold for emergencies.  I have a few ways I can earn money beyond just a willingness to do whatever work is needed, but for one way I lack the tools, and for the other, I prefer not do it unless there is just no other option."

"You need not thank me for mentioning the gold - it was never my intention to hide it from all of you.  I come from a merchant's family, and well appreciate the value of honesty.  But since we all do not yet know each other well enough to know each other's beliefs, I thought it worth allowing the possibility that some among us might see things differently than you and I do."

After Arriving at the Keep

Mery gives a warm smile to Darrett at the young squire's enthusiastic interest in the damaged armor and is about to address him, when it occurs to her that she does not know how a squire properly addresses their knight if said knight is female.  'Mistress?  My Lady?'  Finally deciding to follow the example she's heard Artanis use, she first introduces herself, then says, "If Ser Becklin does not have something else she needs you doing, perhaps you can come in and listen.  I could do with something to drink - whatever you have is fine - so if you time things right, you should be able to bring me my drink right as the story is being told."  She gives him a knowing smile and a friendly wink.

Once Becklin introduces herself, she says, "Yes, I am Mery Keryndon of Palanthas and Ispin is...was...a dear friend.  It is my honor to be able to make it here for his funeral, though of course the reason saddens me.  I shall miss him greatly."

She then turns to Artanis.  "I think you might have a better sense than I do of what's important for Ser Becklin to know about the reason behind this visit. I'll add my bit after you've finished."

OOC

Action:  

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word, especially on someone with low HP if Mery is close and the party cleric can't for some reason.  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, will go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

"Right then." Modri cracks his knuckles with popping sounds that can only come from someone whose dislocated or broken a finger or three in the past. "What drink can I trade this wooden staff for?" He holds up a staff that is clearly more than just a broken tree branch, but is otherwise not particularly noteworthy in any way.

Scanning the room for any gambling or bartering, Modri fishes through his pack for what other items he doesn't need. There's the hunting trap... though handy in a pinch. There's also his rope... "And who wants to hear a tale of exploding, ugly lizardmen? This one's quite the fun the one."

OOC

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3
Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
Save: −1
Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
Nature: -1
Religion: -1
:
 8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +3
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +3
Performance: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

As they approach the keep Artanis is hit with a wave of nostalgia, recalling the last time his met Ser Becklin. Despite Ispin having reassured him of a welcome, it was still intimidating to stand before not just a Solamnic Knight, but such a renowned one too. She had appraised him fairly but apparently been convinced enough to what she had seen to sponsor his entry. Now he stands before her castle again, finding himself no less nervous for his experience.

He greets the squire appropriately, impressed by the lad's eager manner, and remains standing for Ser Becklin's arrival, given it's due imminently. He checks anxiously his armour and weapons, hands fiddling with the pommel of his longsword and tugging at errant chainmail. When Ser Becklin finally enters, after what feels to Artanis like an age, her smiling greeting takes the tension out of him immediately. "Greetings Ser Becklin!" he offers a shallow bow, hand clasped over his chest "You're looking at Ser Artanis Brightblade now, on my first quest to prove my worth as Knight of the Crown!" he continues excitedly. "It is indeed the sad news of Ispin that has drawn us here, and yes - more of his old companions we met on the road are in town headed to the Brass Crab by varying routes as well. We would be headed there too, but as Mery here suggested, events have diverted us."

Taking a seat, histone turns somber as he begins to relay their tale - "On the road in we came across a young farmers lad in distress - of course we offered our aid immediately and he led us to a fallen caravan being picked over by several scaled monsters with what several of our party identified as the crest of Takhsis on their armour. Several of their party cowardly fled into the woods on seeing us, but two remained and attacked!  We managed to defeat them, despite two of the three that ran circling back - luckily Coltan here and two others joined our battle - but were too late to save the caravan... We laid to rest the three knights in the forest, and have returned with their armour and goods, and this letter," he indicates Mery, "We were hoping you may recognise their effects to help inform their families, and return them. We recovered quite a significant amount of gold too."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 0/3

After Artanis finishes telling their story, Mery obligingly removes the letter she recovered from the knights and hands it to Ser Becklin, then recovers the 70 gold from her pouch and backpack, creating 7 stacks of 10 gold pieces on the closest table or other flat surface.  "We assume you'll want to return the 70 gold we recovered to the families of the knights.  There was also some food, which I am afraid we ate on the journey here since we feared it would go bad before we could arrive.  We can arrange payment for it if you wish, as we do not wish to be considered thieves.  And we saw the lizard creatures scavenging the bodies as we came upon the knights, so this is not all there was, just all we were able to recover."

"In addition to wearing armor with the crest of Takhisis on it, the creatures also spoke Draconic, which is a language I happen to understand, although I did not let them know I understood it.  They did not reveal anything of their plans, but we speculate that their presence may indicate that Takhisis either has returned or is returning."  

"What I am curious about, though, Ser Becklin, is whether you have heard of or know of anything that might either substantiate or refute what we think might be true about Takhisis?"  She gazes at the older woman, her expression solemn.

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

Am winging it with the food, since there was 2 days' worth of it and that's how long it took us to get to Vogler.  Also, I don't know if Jubal will be back in town in time to post about Coltan's vision, so I wasn't sure if I should mention that.  I can't remember if he ever explained it clearly IC, and Mery wouldn't know about his vision if he didn't.

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
Athletics: -1
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Nature: +1
:
:
Intimidation: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni skips along with Decimus, seemingly forgetting her mission to go with Coltan to visit the knight.  She searches for food stalls, but doesn't find many, since the festival hasn't started.  She oohs and aaahs at the fish on display, and notices a distinct lack of rats.  This doesn't bother her much, though, since she is pretty sure rats aren't fish, and can tell that this village tends to specialize, by the appearance of the entryway. 

When they get to the toymaker, she squeals her excitement.  "Look, Decimus!  Fish art!"  Even the whip at her side seems to jump a little with excitement; the shadows snake along its coiled length with anticipation.  Approaching the kender, she rummages in her pouch, and asks, "What will you trade for this?" holding out an entire gold piece.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13  | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
 | SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk © (a drop of mercury)
Tash's Hideous Laughter © (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Identify (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person
Comprehend Languages [Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]

Lazily wandering through market stalls on a warm day made his heart sing, and though his sakkat was pulled down low and his arms were crossed under the kimono, cutting a strangely out of place picture of an old samurai from the stories, Decimus wears a small smile on his face as he and Hunni move through the festival grounds.  Or at least, where the festival grounds are to be.  A little disappointed that there was nothing for him to explore just yet, the Wizard satisfies himself with the thought it will be ready soon, so in the mean time, the busy fishers wharf should be their target.  He marvels at all the bustle involved with running the market, watching as the beaten boats are tied to enormous wooden boughs in the shallower water, bobbing up and down on the steady flow of the ocean while the weather-worn men and women who man the boat all move as a cohesive unit to offload their harvest.  While those harvests are gathered, dozens of other voices barter for the fish, and people are moving too and from with their gained bounties.  In other areas, new and old pieces of equipment swap in calloused hands as carpenters work hard to restore broken parts while others simply replace them.  His stomach growls again at the thought of acquiring some of the fish, but something very odd catches his eye, distracting him.  

Raising his chin slightly, he peers down the length of his nose with his one good eye, assessing the interesting items.  Remarkable craftsmanship using material he could not fathom having the steadiness of hand for.  Delicate fish bones intertwined forming small puppets with an assortment of beasts and oceanic creatures.  He hums quietly to himself as they adjusts their trajectory, slowly moving towards the stall with the halfling at the helm.  As they approach, the hustle and bustle of the dock forgotten, he holds the edge of his sakkat with his index finger and thumb of his right hand, tipping his hat in greeting, pulling it back far enough to reveal his eye-patched face, wearing a warm smile.  Hunni, as excitable as ever, does the introduction for them, though only half way.  Before he gets the chance to mention his interest as well, she is bursting to trade.  He notes the whip at her side, realizing that he had noticed her magical use of it during their brief altercation with the draconic beasts on the road, it was odd magic he was unfamiliar with, though now he also knew she was a Mage of the Black Cloak, he expected it was magics he would not understand.  Strangely, the little one did more to settle his spirits regarding meeting Wyhan.    

"Well met, as mentioned, I'm Decimus, this one is Hunni, and we'd love to learn a little more about them before making any purchases, wouldn't you agree?"

He taps Hunni on the shoulder with one of his hands while tucking the second into his haori, standing at ease, resting his shoulder against the wooden frame of the stall.  

spacer.png

OOCAction: Roll arcana check on the little puppets

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)
Name
Rolling arcana on fish puppets
1d20+5 6

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +5
Medicine: +3
Perception: +7★
Survival: +5

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Mertituuli finds his thoughts wandering as the newly-formed group approaches Vogler proper.  It was a quaint little village, surely, but its position near the river makes it at least somewhat familiar to the shoal elf.  His eyes are immediately drawn to the leaping fish carved into the River Gate they pass through, and he spends so much time looking over each of the inscriptions within their scales, puzzling over the similarities and differences between his understanding of Abbuku the Fisher and the land-dweller god Habbakuk, that he barely notices the others leaving him behind.

Finally prying his eyes from the gate, he finds himself alone, standing rather awkwardly at the entryway.  Looking about rapidly, he catches the barest glimpse of the white and black cloaks of Decimus and Hunni as they make their way towards the central market area, likely on the hunt for the food stands, if he has to hazard a guess.

It's at this point that Merituuli suddenly realizes just how damn hungry he is.  During his travels, he had to make due with what the land-dwellers considered "food" - odd "carrots" and "potatoes" and meats that he had little familiarity with and that usually did not agree well with his stomach.  But Vogler... Vogler was much more promising.

As he moves to catch up with the two mages, he finds himself utterly relieved at the presence of freshly-caught river fish.  Finally, some good food!  He puts aside his hunger for the moment, however, as he sees Decimus and Hunni approach a stall selling what appeared to be... toys made from fish bones?  Wandering over, he ends up towering behind Hunni, taking mental note of her whip seemingly having a mind of its own - a question for later, like with Coltan - and points excitedly to the puppet made to look like a sea serpent.  "Almost looks like the one I had a close run-in with as a kid!  How much, friend kender?"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots

spacer.png   “Miss Mery Keryndon and Coltan Bluetemper, it’s so wonderful to finally put faces to names Ispin’s mentioned many times in his myriad stories. You both look just as he’d described you!”

Becklin listens carefully to your stories. As Artanis explains, her face slips deeper and deeper into a serious and contemplative furrow. She appears to consider your words, deep in thought, to the point that her squire even ventures a “Milady?”. Finally, she looks at you and says, “To be honest, I’ve only ever heard rumors of strange armies in the east—a couple of those rumors peppered with the words ‘draconic’ and ‘lizard-like’. Interestingly enough, the knights you speak of never passed through Vogler, so I’ll have to send off to my superiors with their effects. As for that money—well, that wasn’t provided by their families, and I am of sufficient authority to bestow it upon you as a reward for your bravery and victory over those that would murder knights of the crown.”

Darrett takes your proffered suits of armor, but Becklin stops him from taking two of the least damaged suits. “Good Brother Bluetemper of Reorx, if you can repair those suits, consider them yours,” she says, whilst giving an eye and a nod towards Artanis. “I imagine it will take a good couple of weeks at the smithy, but if you’ll wait here, I’ll be right back with a letter of introduction to Fezzlidst Smelt’ammer—he’s a tan-skinned, burley, rotund dwarf who runs a smith down in east side of town. He’s red in the face and drunk often, but with my letter, he should give you free reign of his smithy and forge, and whatever tools you need . . . but mind you, it won’t be free, he’ll probably charge you about a gold piece per day to let you use his shop—and another per day if you want him to help you—assuming you don’t want to do it all on your own. I would ask, however, that you remove the insigina of the knights of solamnia from yours—but feel free to leave the insignia of Artanis’s order, or change it to Artanis’s order if that order isn’t it.”

With that she leaves you to go write that letter in her study.

Modri finds himself in excellent company! Several men playing cards in the corner rousingly invite him over to join them. Before you can order a drink, one of them stops you and shakes his head. “Ferrner like yous is gettin’ the weak sauce, n’ ye don’ wannonuhdat weaksauce. Lemmie geddit.” He motions to the barman with several fingers, indicating a new round for everyone at the table—including you. The barman nods to him, and brings out large, quart-sized mugs full of bright, beautiful, frothy beer! It’s slight shade of pinkish to the normally golden IPA, but your new gambling buddy explains that this stuff is brewed with a local ingredient that gives it a slightly sweet taste . . . and about 18 proof—9% alcohol! “One o’ deez gonna knock yuh on yerass!” he laughs—clearly having already finished one. Another new buddy of yours deals you some cards.

Froswin is very eager to show you her wares, Hunni. “I ain’never seen no gully dwarf roun’ these parts! Ooh, ooh! This one, here, if’n you set it on a slope, here, like this” she puts it on her arm and angles it down and you watch at it suddenly begins walking down. “It moves on it’s own!”

When Decimus tries to suss out the magic behind it, he realizes, upon closer inspection, that it’s merely a rather well carved piece of ingenious, if actually quite simple, gravity-driven machinery. You can see inside the toy, a couple of pendulums and levers that swing freely inside causing the six legs of the toy to pick up and move, catch on the surface, sending the opposite leg in motion. Kender though Froswin is, this is far more typical of highly skilled gnomish work.

Merituuli, a few carts are selling fresh-caught fish and it calls to you! You’re torn between getting a large salmon on a stick, and watching more of these little toys walk around.

“Ooh! Friend . . . um . . . blue man! These are a mere silver piece a piece! Hee hee hee!”

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Modri is indeed in good company to have his drink paid for, something he'd be happy to do if he had the coin for it. Alas, he doesn't. 

"Much appreciated! Much appreciated! Don't count me too easy to knock on my ass though, aharharhar!" The Dwarf settles in furrowing his brow. Though not the most serious of players, he still wants to play right. "Now, many of you may not believe my tale, but guarantee the word'll spread soon enough. You've got the chance to be on the early take of the news. People been coming all over for ol' Ispin's funeral, and a number of us ran into strangest creatures I ever did saw. Looked like a mix between ugly lizards and even uglier men..." Modri begins to enter into a dramatic, embellishing tale of what happened...

OOC

Will roll the Cards. He has proficiency, but as I imagine it's Charisma based, he also gets a -1 modifier, so +1 total

Name
Playing Cards roll
1d20+1 19
Edgewin
1d20 13
Sheckley
1d20 12
Bromdan
1d20 6
Errol
1d20 7
Copper Pieces
3d8+5 6,2,5
Silver Pieces
2d4 3,1

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Nature: -1
:
Animal Handling: +3
:
Deception: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis grows increasingly concerned as the silence stretches out following his story and the furrows of Becklin's brow increasingly resemble a freshly ploughed field. When the reason for her consternation flows forth he lets out a as silent breath he didn't realise he'd been holding before replying, "That is very kind of Ser Becklin - we would be happy to see our companions share to them and save you the trouble."He continues is less convincing tone "Hopefully this was just an isolated incident then. Some kind of lost raiding party far behind enemy lines. It's clear those rumours have at least some truth to them though.  I'll carry both the information and rumours back to Ser Brightblade when I return after the funeral as well. Anyway, I'm sure you're busy with the funeral preparations - certainly the town seems rather full! We can catch up again following it maybe." he finishes on a stronger note.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Perception: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan listens to the knight and smiles when gifted the armor.  "Aye, milady.  Thank you for the gold and armor.  It would be a pleasure to make the first suit of plate armor for Artanis.  A set he wears traveling and battling.  Especially, if there are more lizard monsters to kill."

"And, I appreciate the letter, too.  While I've my own tools, it's impossible to fit a forge and anvil in my backpack."  He laughs having probably told that joke before.

He gets up and walks to the doorway of the study, so he doesn't have to shout.  "Milady.  Would you share how Ispin passed?  How were his last days and months?"

OOC

Action: Head to Becklin

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

16 (+3)

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

When Ser Becklin indicates they can take the gold, Mery murmurs a soft, "Thank you, Ser Becklin," and then listens intently to the older woman until the knight goes to write her letter for Coltan.

At that time, Mery gathers up two of the stacks of gold coins she created and hands one stack to Coltan and the other to Artanis.  She takes a third stack and puts it into her own belt pouch.  Then she takes the remaining four stacks and puts them into her backpack for the others once she catches back up with them.

She's about to open her mouth to say something when Coltan asks about Ispin's final days, and she closes it again, suddenly eager to hear Ser Becklin's response as a pang of loss over the death of her old friend overtakes her.  In an effort to keep tears from her eyes, she begins mentally cataloguing what she's learning about her new companions while she waits.  'Coltan: smith, Dwarf, quiet, honorable, honest.  Artanis:  knight, Human, untried, protective, honorable.  And there's something else about him, too, that I can't pinpoint.  Errgh, this is not the time to figure that out - I want to hear about Ispin's last days!'

Emotions now squelched, at least temporarily, she stands at quiet attention, content to wait for Ser Becklin's response.

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13  | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
 | SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk © (a drop of mercury)
Tash's Hideous Laughter © (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Identify (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person
Comprehend Languages [Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]

When Merituuli arrives in the market alongside them, he places two fingers of his exposed hand to his brow and gives a small salute in greeting, before turning back to the small Kender behind the stall, and inspecting the small figures once again.  The work is delicate and impressive, the remarkable fragility of such engineering is nothing short of magical, and so cheap too (Relatively speaking of course).  Hunni and Merituuli will no doubt make a puchase, but the Wizard, scant as his pockets are of change, is satisfied to simply watch the remarkable objects.    

"If you don't mind me asking;  How did you learn to make these?  They're quite remarkable, miss...  I'm sorry, what was your name?"

spacer.png

OOCAction: Roll arcana check on the little puppets

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Insight: +5
Perception: +7★

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Merituuli's happy grin only widens when the shopkeep displays the walking puppet, and he very quickly pulls a silver piece from his belt pouch before pausing.  "The sea serpent - could you show me how it works before I buy?  I don't want to accidentally break it."  Once the puppet is displayed, Merituuli very contentedly pays for the toy, holding it gently in hand.

Looking to Hunni and Decimus, he comments, "There was a stand nearby selling freshly-caught salmon on a stick.  I don't know about either of you, but I could eat a shark right now.  I can get some for you both if you'd like; I have some coin to spare."

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Nature: +1
:
:
Intimidation: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni squeals with delight as she watches the toy walking.  Clapping at the show, she hands the gold piece to the kender, and picks up the toy.  "Magic..." the mage whispers, as though forgetting that she can make magic as well.  Tilting her hands this way and that, she watches as the toy climbs back and forth between her hands.  "A magic bug monster thing.  It's beautiful."

The gully dwarf seems to be in love with the toy. 

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast