Chapter 01a: When Home Burns (Welcome to Vogler)

Kamishiro_Rin

The cards are dealt and each gambler plays their respective hands. A gaunt, overly-drunk twig of a man named Bromdan is the first to fold, his random selection of mismatched cards giving him nothing to work with. He’s followed by Errol in the next hand. Errol’s beer-foam tinged mustache twitches as he lays down his crappy hand with a sigh.

A woman with brown hair, nursing a stout ale—her name Sheckly—utterly fails to bluff her way through the third hand. Finally, Edgewin, a shrewd woman in her fifties, finally folds, but not before giving Mordri a run for his money.

“Well, that’s it. You win, Mr. Modri,” she says, laying out her cards to show her loss. “Now, how about you be a sport and buy us all a round with them winnin’s?” she continues with a wink.

Modri has a pot of 18 copper and 4 silver pieces to his name, now.

Bromdan, too drunk for his own good, pulls out a gold piece. He puts it on the table. “Ah . . . I’ll . . .”—he belches loudly—“I’ll bet this gold piece I can win the next hand . . . who’s in?”

“Yer a fool, Bromdan!” both Errol and Sheckley tell the man.

“Put that back in yer pocket, ferr’in ya lose it,” Sheckly continues.

“I’m in,” Edgewin says, laying a gold piece of her own on the table. Bromdan and Edgewin look at you, Modri. “You in, Mr. Modri?”

“Ser Artanis,” Becklin says with a suddenly kind and almost affectionate expression in her eyes, “It really is good to see you again—and safe, at that. But you are correct. I need to get back to Ispin’s funeral preparations. And of course we’ll be catching up after the funeral—after all, I didn’t just invite you or the rest of Ispin’s friends just for a funeral. We have something important to discuss following the funeral. Oh, and I’m actually glad you made it early. I was going to look for you or one of the others to let you know that I’d like for you—and Ispin would have appreciated it, too—to take up the front row during the ceremony, if you don’t mind.”

To Coltan, she turned and responded, “Alas, unlike you long-lived folks, Ispin was only human, and an old one, at that. Spry as he was, a month or so ago, he suddenly began complaining of a pain in his side, and he rapidly deteriorated from there. I’m sorry to say that lucidity was not his companion in his final days, but not before letting me know who he wanted contacted and how to execute his estate. Local healers did their best to ease his suffering, in the end. He died peacefully in his sleep. That, however, is not how he wanted to be remembered, and so, for the funeral, we will be celebrating his life full of adventure, generosity, nd selfless bravery—and not a few of his kookier moments as well—rather than mourning his passing.”

Becklin turns to Mery and says, “You’re not only more than welcome, but you and your friends have earned that money. Ispin would probably say something about using it to fund your next adventure so you can do even more good in the world—so you can earn more cash to do the same and the let the cycle continue.”

She thought for a moment and said, “It reminds me of one of his sayings: ‘We can’t go back; we can only look, behind from where we came, and go ’round and ’round and ’round in the circle game.’. I think he got it from a song he used to hum on occasion.”

Becklin looked off in to a distant nowhere for another nostalgia-filled moment—if the bittersweet smile on her face was anything to go by—and then seemed to return to you all. “Ah . . . alas, I must return to my preparations. You’re welcome to finish your refreshments, or even tour the ruins of this ‘castle’,” she said, making air-quotes on the word she used to describe the rather small old fortress, “Or have some fun in town. I’ll see you at the funeral.”

With that, she bids you three ado.

Froswin was beside herself in happiness at receiving a silver piece without someone trying to haggle her down for once—but even more so that there were such nice folk who actually appreciated her craftsmanship. “Thank you so much!” she chirped at the payment. She handed the ‘sea-serpent’ toy to Merituuli. “Here, like this!” she said, showing him how to push this one along the ground, by nudging a ridge in the middle of its back. “Once it gets going, I have a little wheel inside—see you can see it there!--that keeps it going for a little bit.”

To Decimus, she answered, “Oh, if this strikes you as gnomish work, then you’ve got a good eye. My curiosity got the better of me, one day, and I kind of walked out of my master’s shop with a few—okay 20—toys and he was kind enough not to call the guards. Hee hee hee! Well, after working off my debt, he couldn’t help but notice my skills and offered to take me on as an apprentice. On a lark, I started gathering all the fish bones that get thrown away by the fishmongers in town and used them to make practice trinkets—rather than spending hours and hours cutting and filing little metal pieces. Needless to say, I ended up with a lot of these little contraptions and my master suggested I sell them as low-end toys to fund my materials cost for the actual, high-end toys I make with him.”

At Hunni’s exclamation that they were magic, Froswin giggled but got serious. “Oh, don’t say that, please! There ain’t no magic in these! Just pure mechanical parts! I swears!” She seemed to say it a little louder than necessary, too. Then in a softer voice, she said, “Please don’t get me in trouble! I’m not a member of the High Sorcerers or whatever, and magic is heavily regulated!”

OOC

Sorry for the wait!

My school year’s just started, so things are hectic and whereas, last year, I had a lot more free time at work to put together these posts, this year, it seems like I won’t have that luxury.

Anyway, as I said, I’d try to get this out Friday or Saturday—and I did just that. It’s Friday evening for me, and I got this done when I got home!

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3
Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
Save: −1
Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
Nature: -1
Religion: -1
:
 8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +3
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +3
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +5
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis offers a slight bow at Becklin's dismissal, "Absolutely, I'll head into town to let our new companions know now. Till tomorrow." he replies before turning to leave.

Outside again, Artanis turns towards Coltan "I'd for sure be happy to have a smith of your reputation forge my first set of proper armour Coltan" he says earnestly "obviously I'd be happy to cover the costs too, though I'm afraid I don't have all the gold up front. I had thought it would be many years before I could afford my own, but hopefully I can honour the previous owner through my actions and prove worthy of my own Crown", he tails off slightly wistfully.

He gazes back along the way they came to the bustling town, the smells of lunch heavy on the sea breeze. "Duty done though, I think I'll join the others in seeing the festival, if either of you would like to accompany me? I think it was the Brass Crab Ser Becklin had recommended to stay," he offers, before setting back off to the village proper.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

"Of course I'll get a round. Hmph. Think I play cards to earn money? Ha! Sounds like a good way to be unhappy." He happily offers up a couple silver for another around for the table.

"A full gold? When'd this town get so rich. Er... let's see..." He places the remaining coins earned, his rope, mess kit, and hunting trap. "Think this aught to cover it I think."

He's telling the truth, he's something of a poor winner. Sure, he's won a few times, but something about holding onto too much coin doesn't feel comforting. Then again, neither does sitting out from playing an interesting game. "Only thing you want be taking from me is my hammer, shield, and at least one of my fine handaxes. Can even win my pants if you're so eager, aharharhar!" He sleps the table for good measure. 

OOC

-

Name
Playing Cards Roll
1d20+1 12
Also Perception just to ensure no shenanigans
1d20+1 17
Bromdan (drunken disadvantage)
keep(2d20,lowest,1) 20,5
Edgewin
1d20 14

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
Athletics: -1
Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Nature: +1
:
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
:
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Obviously, the man is being careful to ensure that nobody thought he was using magic.  Just as obviously, Hunni is oblivious.  "Necromancy, then, not magic," she comments, nodding sagely.  "You bring bones to life.  A most honorable calling, recycling old, dead things into new, entertaining, shiny toys for children!"  The gully dwarf seems to be overly happy with her purchase.  "I did that too, once.  Got a worm from the gut of a rat I smashed, he lived for like two weeks.  Named him Harry, because he wasn't.  But he didn't eat anything, so I don't know if he starved, or just died of heartbreak.  Always figured he was in love with that rat," she confides, tearfully.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

NOTE:  She gave Froswin a gold piece.  I'm Ok with her having massively overpaid for the toy, but I wanted to mention it, since she was excited about a silver piece without haggling.

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Animal Handling: +5
Medicine: +3
Perception: +5
Survival: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

"Thank you for your time and generosity, Milady." Coltan thanks the knight and bids his ado as well. 

Outside the keep, the dwarf tucks the sack of gold in his gear and replies to Artanis, "If you want m'skills to fashion your first set of plate armor, would you please join me to meet Fezzlidst Smelt’ammer and secure his forge?  Let's deposit this armor and secure the conditions, before any festivities.  Our lodging should be secure, and we can regroup at the Brass Crab, right?"  He leaves unsaid a jab at Mery that they honorably received the gold anyway preferring her to arrive at that conclusion on her own.

Regardless of the young knight's decision, the dwarf heads to the local smithy hauling the one, maybe two sets of plate armor and letter of introduction from Becklin.  He would secure a forge and the bits to repair, resize, and redecorate the armor.  The smithy tools are in his backpack lovingly packed in oiled leathers.

OOC

Action: Head to Fezzlidst Smelt’ammer.  Assess the work (cost & time) to restore and resize the armor.

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Save: +4
Sleight of Hand: +2

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Insight: +5
Perception: +7★

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Ah, right.  The Mages regulate magic strictly around here.  That could be problematic if I unlock the secrets of this shell.  Then again, Hunni and Decimus seem to be members?  They've got the robes, at least...

He follows along with Hunni's story about Harry the not-hairy worm, cocking his head and grinning.  My, but she's an odd one.  Fun, though!  He figures, in the presence of two qualified mages, now was the best time to present his findings!

Baculites_grandis_shell.jpg.8224e7fdc80f026bb2ff9550b1ffc0af.jpgReaching behind his back, he unlatches the massive seashell that he carries and holds it towards Hunni and Decimus.  "New companions, I'd like to show you something, if you a moment.  I found this during a dive deep into a oceanic trench in the Southern Courrain near Leviathan's Deep.  At first I did it just to challenge myself, but for some reason it felt as though this shell... called to me?  It's clearly very old, the creature that lived within it long-dead, but I can just feel something radiating from it... the swell of the ocean, the scent of saltwater, the presence of the sea breeze... would you mind taking a look, with your more magically-focused senses?  I've tried to unlock its secrets myself, but so far I haven't had much luck.  Come to think of it... let me just try again, for old time's sake."

Breathing in and closing his eyes, Merituuli holds the shell in both hands, reaching for the ocean's essence within it.  Unlike all the other times when nothing happened, though, something does indeed happen this time.  The scent of the sea fills the air as the shell is surrounded by magical air and water currents, flowing freely across its surface in a beautiful spiral.

Opening his eyes, Merituuli blinks rapidly in surprise at the sudden swell of nature's power.  "I... I did it!  HAHA!  Look, look!  It's magic!  I WAS RIGHT!"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: Cast Shillelagh for the first time!

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Performance: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before Ser Becklin can leave, Mery asks her, "By the way, I was wondering whether you might know where I can borrow a rapier, or find an old one for cheap or something.  It's going to take a bit for me to earn enough gold to buy a new one.  I've been using a shortbow, and it's fine if I can stay at range, but with these lizard-things about, I'd like to have something better than a dagger in case one should happen to get close to me."  

After Becklin Responds to Mery about a Rapier

As they exit the Keep, she speaks to Coltan.  "It seemed like you got a little annoyed when I mentioned that Ser Becklin was a woman.  I'm not sure what you thought my motivation was in doing so, but I would like for you to know that it was because I would have felt both a little mean as well as stingy-spirited not to have, like I was willing to let you flounder around and miss the person we were actually waiting for and thereby have a little fun at your expense."  She gnaws her lip when finished, unsure of what else to say.  She's aware of a feeling of tightness in the pit of her stomach as well has the fact that her hands have clenched, and she takes a deep breath to try to loosen her stomach, and with a slow, conscious effort, releases her hands. 

She then turns to Artanis.  "My plan was to run to the Brass Crab to rent my room in case there are a lot of people here for the funeral, then go find the others to give them their gold.  After that, I wanted to do a bit of shopping and, of course, look around a bit too.  That sounds sort of similar to what you proposed.  I'd love the company, but if Coltan's offer appeals to you and you want to change your mind, I promise not to hold it against you."  She gives him a friendly smile as she says this.  "In your line of work, you obviously need some good armor."

She will wait for Artanis' response before moving in a particular direction.

OOC

Action:  

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Waiting for Artanis to answer, Coltan gives Mery a little side eye and replies, "well, it felt that you had fun at my expense anyway, which we don't know each other well enough for me to enjoy.  All I knew was Becklin was a Knight of the Crown.  Most knights are men."

"And if we had arrived without you pointing it out, I would have addressed Becklin as a knight and then as her squire did as Milady.  So, I doubt there would have been any floundering."  Coltan pauses weighing the subject of her wanting to keep the gold and decides to let it go completely.

"Thanks for asking.  I look forward to knowing each other well enough when teasing becomes fun for both of us."  After he said it, the dwarf instantly reflected on how old he sounded and felt.  Was this how it was going to be the older he got?  He wondered to himself.

OOC

Action: Head to Fezzlidst Smelt’ammer.  Assess the work (cost & time) to restore and resize the armor.

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Performance: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Frowning slightly, Mery tells Coltan, "I really don't follow your reasoning at all when you say you think I still had fun at your expense, but if you tell me that's the conclusion you reached, I have no choice but to believe you.  I apologize.  That was not ever my intention."

"As for teasing, as far as I know, all of us will be going our separate ways once Ispin's funeral is over, and for me personally, a few days simply isn't long enough to come to the point of wanting to either tease or be teased." 'I could say more, but eh, not gonna.  It's not needed with someone I'll likely know for only a few days.'

An urge to flee the conversation rises in her, and she glances longingly toward the center of town for a moment, but she fights the urge down, digging the fingernails of her right hand into the palm of her left until the knuckles on her right hand turn white with the effort. 'You're here to change how you do things, remember?  Well, you aren't going to change a thing if you walk away right now. Feel anxious, but build your courage muscles. Overcome your past one encounter at the time.  This is just one more step toward real freedom.'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

@JubalBreakbottle OOC, I realize that we will be traveling together, but IG, that hasn't been established yet.  So I'm just going to have Mery dismiss the comment about teasing for now.  Heh, which makes Mery's earlier comment about maybe having Coltan make her a rapier premature, as I'm guessing we are unlikely to make the requisite gold between now and then.  So I'll remove that comment.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

Human Knight of Solamnia 

:
:
:
:
:
16 (+3)

Artanis looks suddenly abashed "Of course! Sorry I didn't mean to send you off like a labourer, I'm more than happy to carry my share." he apologises, hefting some of the heavy plate armour over his shoulder. It took him a few different attempts to properly stack it up for a long walk, unwieldy at it was, and he ended up casting a few glances at the dwarf to see how best to do it. He'd mostly forged horse shoes, tack and the odd farm implement rather than armour. 

After the slightly tense conversation Artanis interjects on with a lighter tone, "Sorry Mery, we, well I at least, will catch up with you still once we've spoken to Master Smelthammer?" he suggests with a hopeful smile "perhaps you could secure an extra pair of rooms if they're running short too? Maybe we can all get to know each other a little better over dinner, perhaps enough to keep touch after all this.".

He strolls down the track after Coltan, heading towards the familiar sound of hammers falling on steel. "So where are you from originally Coltan?" he asks, making light conversation.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

When Mery stops Becklin to ask about a rapier, the knight pauses and thinks for a moment. She turns to Darret and says, “Take Ms. Keryndon to the armory. In the back, there should be a chest of some of Ispin’s old weaponry. If I remember correctly, he had a rapier—though I can’t vouch for the blade’s edge at this point . . .” She turns back to Mery. “Normally, I’d be worried you believe you need to festoon yourself with even more weapons, but after the story you all told me, I fully understand. It is Ispin’s old effects, so once you can afford one of your own, I would like it back. Either way, you might want to catch up with your friends and get that sharpened at Smelt’ammer’s—though you might be able to do that any time once your friend starts working on that armor!”

Froswin almost faints and definitely does drop the gold piece that Hunni gave her for the toy when Merituuli performs magic. “D-don’t you know? We could—no! You could get arrested?!!?” It takes her a moment to realize, as she bends over and picks up that gold piece, that both Hunni and Decimus are wearing the robes of just the organization she was worried about. “Ooh . . . you’re all members of the High Sorcery Moon Guild or whatever it’s called? Is . . . is it okay for him to be doing that? And uh, I swear! There ain’t no magic in my toys! It’s all gnomish handycraft! I swears it! Yer . . . you’re not gonna arrest me, are you?”

“No one here’s rich,” Sheckley laughed. “That idiot’s just too drunk fer his own good. He’s got nearly two-weeks worth of pay sitting there riding on a card game ’n he folded first in the last game. If you got that kind of money, by all means—a fool and his gold is soon to be parted!”

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan's eyebrows slowly raise at Mery's reply. "I see.  Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up."  Handle with care, this one, he thinks.

After an uncomfortable silence, the dwarf says noticing her new rapier, "we'll see you at the Brass Crab, Mery.  If you want, I can put a point on that rapier for you at the smith's while we're there.  Artanis?"  He pauses to receive the weapon, in case Mery wants to give him the rapier.

Along the way to the smith's, the dwarf replies to Artanis, "yes, my young knight.  I was born in Hillhome, a Neidar village located west of Thorbardin on the Passroad over fifty years ago.  My parents are itinerant smiths traveling to farms and villages that don't have a local smith.  So, I grew up on the roads all around Absalon except the towns big enough to have a smith."

After a comfortable pause, he asks, "How about you Ser Knight?  Where are you from?  How did you know Ispin again?"

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Cantrips

Human Knight of Solamnia 

:
:
:
:
:
16 (+3)

Artanis nods appropriately as he strolls next to Coltan  "Gosh! You have travelled far then. I mean, I know Ispin did from his stories, but there's a difference between stories and seeing it for yourself right?" he interjects when the dwarf relates his childhood. 

Breathing slightly heavily in the heat Artanis replies, "Myself this is the closet I've ever been to Solamnia's borders" - a bright smile blooms at the thought of adventure - "I'm from a village myself actually, Alnwick, it's towards the south. Ispin stayed one summer. Maybe on his way to meeting you! We were just regular village folk who happened to have a spare room though.".

As they re-enter the village proper the bustle of the festival quickly engulfs them, though most people still make way when they see the heavy load. Perhaps still a little embarrassed from assuming the smiths labour earlier Artanis offers . "Depending on what exactly Master Smelthammer can offer us and the size of his forge, I'd be happy to give you a hand if you'd like. I'm hardly a master of the trade myself, but I can wield a hammer on simpler tasks, or keep the forge to heat. There was always a horse needing shod or a plough needing fixed and we all mucked in".

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Class Features:

Fezzlidst Smelt'ammer   Despite the village’s small size, the spider-webbed, narrow streets make getting all the way across town—diagonally—to Smelt’ammer’s smithy take longer than you suspected it would. The heat of the day is starting to really get to you, and sweat is beginning to pour down yours and Artanis’s faces—especially carrying sixty-five pounds of armor, each. Fezzlidst Smelt’ammer welcomes you when you approach his shop—gold pieces seemingly sparkling in his eyes when, even from a distance, he sees you carrying two sets of rather severely debilitated armor. When you hand him the letter from Becklin, however, his smile grows even more.

“Welcoome! Welcoome! Let’s appraise tha wark yooll need tah doo.” He slaps Coltan on the back in a friendly, gesture and leads you in. “Ye, too, Ser K’nighit, Mez. . . . Ladeh,” he motions to Artanis and Mery. After assessing the damage, he informs you, Coltan, that for the two armor sets, it’s going to take seven weeks worth of work, or three and a half with his assistance.

He takes out an abacus and does some calculations, writing up a the numbers, explaining each one, and says, “Either way, et’s gonna cost ye 170 gold pieces to fex these two—thet’s whether Ah help or not. Encluded in that price is the cost of renting mee smethy—a selver a day fer five days a week, for seven weeks, OR payin’ meh to help you, whech is two selver a day fer half that time, but no rent, sence Ah’m helpin’--so et works out to the same 35 selver flat feh atop 1,665 selver.”

When Mery presents the rapier, he gives it a whistle and raises an eyebrow. “How’d ye let a quality sword such’a thes get sa dool’n rusteh? Tisk. Beau’ifol sword—1 selver’n Ah’ll have’er right oot.”

Bromdan is indeed too drunk to play right and actually passes out halfway through the game. You check his cards and he had no hope in hell of winning. Modri and Edgewin continue playing but as Modri lays down a 3-of-a-kind, Edgewin lays down a Full House, and wins.

Modri doesn’t see any shenanigans, just a bunch of drunkards having fun.

OOC

I used the old 3.5e rules for crafting, for this, which gives a slightly complex, but quite fair method for determining time and cost.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
Athletics: -1
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Nature: +1
:
:
Intimidation: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni shrugs, and continues playing with her toy.  "I'm not a cop.  I'm just a wizard," she admits, albeit incorrectly.  "I'd let the Council handle it.  They are too busy for fish bone magic, though, so you're probably safe."  She looks up at her new friends.  "You weren't planning on arresting her, were you?  She makes good fish toys."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast